Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 pm
NEW YEAR!!

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to see what students would be taking his class. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue it the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years. My only rules are don't show up late, come prepared, and have fun." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." he instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwords." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

With: my second year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:16 pm

User Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________
              sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

The breeze was cool and pleasant, it teased the strands of her flowing hair. The kiss of the sun was warm on her face, the rays shone down brilliantly and cast a long stretch of shadows. She bounded up hurriedly to the pitch where the first day of class was, excitement beaded on her brow with a nervous sweat. She hoped she wouldn't fail, or make a fool of herself, or worse, fall off her broom. But hell, she had managed to make the first string of the quidditch team last year, hopefully, she'll be able to do it again as soon as the try outs come up next week. ”Camila Rojas, a second year slytherin. Last year I joined the team and made it as a chaser, I hope to make the team again this year too. Hopefully in this class, I can get better at trying to score goals.” She nodded, for once rather truthful in her endeavors.

[OOC://]

╔════════════════════╗
              ═━┈ Second Year Slytherin┈━═
              Advanced Flying Class, Fall 2026
              Dressed in:
              Slytherin Uniform
              12 years old5' 2"122lbshalfblood
              ╚════════════════════╝

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:13 pm
User Image

ﬡᕍ , ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena walked onto the field to find the class. She smiled as she listened to the professor. "Celaena Snow sir. I'm in Gryffindor. Because I am currently just a reserve player and would love to be as good as some of the upper classmen... I want to be a Keeper, but last year I was a reserve Chaser." She said happily. This was going to be a fun class, she could already tell! Although she wondered where Cathy was. The girl said she was taking this class.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:11 am
CUIUVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE, NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PRESEVARE.Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.一笑解千愁

Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his faultAll that glitters is not gold.A smile can erase a million worries.
User Image
I was kept in a castle safe from the world of magic: ignorance is bliss, yes?
Please don't worry about me, though: I can make my own path in time.

I am a second year.
❤My blood type is B+, oh was that not your question?
I am a pureblood witch who was believed for ten years to be a Squib like my father.
My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
❤My directions say I am... in Advance Flying I
My time on the clock is Tuesday, Block 7 (3-3:45 pm)

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: My Uniform with Pants ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 4th year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

Cathy had gotten a bit distracted by talking to one of the paintings in the castle and rushed to the quidditch pitch were her advance flying class was going to be carrying her new broom that sparkled in the sunlight with her upkeep of it. She arrived relieved to see only Camila and Celaena already there and she lined up beside her Gryffindor friend. She smiled briefly at Celaena and listened Professor Price introduced himself and asked for introductions. When it came to her turn she smiled and said, "I'm Cathaline League, but almost everyone shortens it so I pretty much go by any variation of my first name. I'm in Hufflepuff and I decided to take this class because flying is fun and it is a fun opportunity. Also, I thought since I plan to try out for my house team as a chaser or keeper, the extra learning would be good."

Pausing she let out a laugh and said, "Also, it gives me a totally valid excuse to have a broom without my brother necessarily jumping to the conclusion I'm interested in trying out for quidditch, since he totally hates the sport apparently." She shrugged with a smile. Cathy assumed eventually David would find out when she tried out, but it wasn't like he could stop her-well he could sort of order her not to, but she was fairly sure their maternal grandparents would at least override him on that one. Besides, how dangerous could quidditch be compared to any other sport? A school wasn't going to endorse something that got their students permanently injured or killed or interfered with their classes because of injury, right?

Quote:

{ OoC: Long work days, thus slow at posting... }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:06 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani was really looking forward to the Advanced Flying class, and took pains to be out where the class was held in good time. If nothing else, it was a good excuse to get some quality outside time in. The crystal blue skies, refreshing fall breeze and the warm sunlight were welcome, as Dani knew such days grew fewer as the term wore on. ‘Yeah, this is Quidditch weather,’ she thought.

She also really wanted to squeeze in as much flight time as possible with her new broomstick before Quidditch tryouts at the end of the week.

Dani was surprised to see their teacher wasn’t Professor Goldwind this time out, and so they all would need to introduce themselves to him. When her turn came, she said, “I’m Danica Stewart, sir, Second Year in Gryffindor House. I was one of the Reserve Chasers last year, and I’m hoping to make the First Squad as a Chaser or a Seeker this year.”

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Second-year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Having fun,"

Arriving just in the nick of time to hear the teacher ask for names and position goals, Gunilda strode onto the pitch, short black hair ruffled somewhat by the ever so gentle breeze. She hadn't been able to try for the quidditch team this year as she hadn't seen the notices, but still, there was always next year right? That and she needed to focus on...other things. Other things being making a friend or two, lessons and a couple of good pranks maybe. "My names Gunilda Stone, Slytherin, and I'd like to be a beater or seeker." She looked around, noticing that no-one else had mentioned wanting to be a beater. She didn't blame them really, as there was the chance of getting hit in the head by a bludger- but without a little excitement, what was the fun of it? Gunilda grinned at the teacher, who seemed a little less strict than the one they'd had for their first-year lessons.

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon smiled at the group of second years. He liked how each of them had a position in mind which would certainly help them in the third year class. Until then he hoped to teach them techniques that could make them better players. Of course he had to stop and smile that Cathy's comment about her brother not liking Quidditch.

"Well we can't all like Quidditch I suppose. Though I must say I'm glad all of you have such a strong passion to want to make good team players for your houses. I assure you that in the next two years you will all be prepared to play the best game of Quidditch you've ever seen, and I hope you all make the cut this year." Landon may have been exaggerating but that didn't mean he didn't have a point.

“For today however our first topic will be the basics of Quidditch. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes.” Landon told the class. “Two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms.”

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:50 am
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani held up her hand, and said, "I have a question, Professor. I understand the point of the Quaffle, and the story of how the Golden Snitch actually replaces a small bird which originally was used in the game. What I want to know, is why do we have Bludgers?"

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:18 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon smiled when Danica raised her hand. “Yes,” he said pointing to the young Gryffindor. When she asked about the history of a bludger he couldn’t help be glad had. It was definitely an interesting question, one not many people thought about. “That’s an excellent question, 5 points to Gryffindor for that brilliant question.” He said before answering. “It’s believed that bludgers were inspired by a game call Creaothceann which originated in Scotland in the middle ages. In this sport rocks and boulders were charmed to float above the ground and players would race to catch as many rocks in as possible using only a cauldron.” He explained enthusiastically. “The game was banned in 1762 as most of the players wouldn’t survive the game.” He added before asking. “Does that answer your question?”

OOC: Sorry for the delay I've had a very stressful week.
Class change will be Saturday evening / Sunday morning

((Outfit in picture))

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:15 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon certainly liked the group of kids he had this year. They all seemed interested in learning particular positions and he was more then willing to help them be better players. Of course the position would have to wait for next year but a few skills on a broom certainly didn't hurt. As he waited for his class to arrive he smiled at the idea of getting up into the air. A part of him was such a kid when it came to flying and just like the kids in his class he was happy to be getting on a broom.

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright now, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around, it doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So you wants to give it a shot?"

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 am
CUIUVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE, NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PRESEVARE.Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.一笑解千愁

Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his faultAll that glitters is not gold.A smile can erase a million worries.
User Image
I was kept in a castle safe from the world of magic: ignorance is bliss, yes?
Please don't worry about me, though: I can make my own path in time.

I am a second year.
❤My blood type is B+, oh was that not your question?
I am a pureblood witch who was believed for ten years to be a Squib like my father.
My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
❤My directions say I am... in Advance Flying I
My time on the clock is Tuesday, Block 7 (3-3:45 pm)

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: My Uniform with Pants ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 4th year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

Cathy excitedly bounded onto the quidditch pitch for her Advanced Flying class, her broom in hand, excited to actually start to have more formal instruction in flying. When Professor Price explained that they would be doing barrel rolls, a huge grin broke out on her face, as her hand tightened on her broom. After he demonstrated the technique and asked who wanted to give it a shot her hand shot up immediately and she began. Quickly taking off into the air she spun quickly into the barrel roll but because of the speed end up making another loop before being able to straighten and stop safely. She smiled a bit embarrassed and asked, "Was that alright? I... I sort of over did it I think... Sorry, sir." She then landed and waited for her peers to also try, wondering what tips she could pick up from other's performances.

Quote:

{ OoC: Long work days, thus slow at posting... }

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Half-Blood

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani applauded as she watched her friend, Cathy, fly around the pitch and perform her maneuver, and when her friend from Hufflepuff was finished, she stepped up to have her turn. She chuckled when Cathy asked if she'd over did things, as she'd really taken the maneuver at a speed seen in an actual Quidditch match.

When she was ready, Dani launched herself into the air, astride her mount. Not wanting to show off, she made an almost leisurely climbing turn in one direction, rather than perform a lag-over, so she could perform the requested maneuver in a manner where the instructor could observe her technique.

Travelling a bit slower than Cathy had, she flew through the barrel roll, corkscrewing through it once before bringing her mount to a smooth halt a few feet in front of and above the Professor. "Was that all right, sir?" she asked.

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:04 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon smiled as he watched Cathy try her luck first at doing the barrel roll. She did rather well for her first time. "Well done Miss League. Ten points for being the first brave soul. That was a good first try, try easing up on the speed going into the spin and you won't do any extra loops." he told her with a smile.

Watching Danica go next it really showed that she had been paying attention to not only him but her classmate. Her barrel roll went smoothly and almost flawless. "Well done Miss Stewart you executed that barrel roll flawlessly." Landon said before looking to his students. "Ten points to each of you for our brilliant performances." he added happy about the class overall.

~ Time skip ~

Landon was pretty sure that his class would be able to pull this off. He had a good bunch of kids this year that he knew would be able to do it. “Good afternoon class, today we will be learning how stand on our brooms.” He told them. “It required a great deal of balance so for this class we’ll start with simply hovering, after that we'll move onto actual movement while maintaining balance.” Landon added. “Now, holding onto your broom with both hands position one foot on your broom in front of you, from there keep a steady balance and place your other foot behind that one.” He explained, while doing so he demonstrated along with his words. “When you’re sure you have a good firm balance let go and then you can straighten yourself up.” he finished standing on his broom as it hovered above the ground. “Now, have at it and take your time this isn’t a competition.” He added hoping they would keep that in mind.

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:20 am
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Half-Blood

════════════════════════

Text.

'This isn't just a test of physical coordination, but of one's control over their broomstick,' thought Dani, as she kicked off the ground, and hovered a few feet off the grass. ',,,and how much trust one has in their skills. Last year, I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to try this.'

Once she had her broom parked in midair, Dani drew a deep breath, and started to make her attempt.

She was immediately reminded of the gymnastics classes her mother made her take when she was six years old, in an attempt to make her daughter more graceful and coordinated. David, her younger brother, used to laugh at her 'bunhead' hairdo, and she would rather have worn her comfortable football jersey than a stupid leotard, but she was the only little girl brave enough to walk across the balance beam without being forced to by the teacher. That, and she didn't want Mom mad at her.

'Of course the balance beam was like three feet off the floor, the beam was four inches wide, and there were pads on the floor,' Dani reminded herself as she brought her feet up onto the broomstick and carefully scooted them under her, until she was no longer sitting. Drawing a deep breath, she let go of the broom, and brought out her arms to her sides, holding them at shoulder height to steady herself, like a circus performer on the high wire.

'Okay, this is just like gymnastics class,' she told herself as she slowly, smoothly unfolded her slim body, and stood atop her broomstick.

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:20 pm
NEW YEAR!!

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to see what students would be taking his class. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue it the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years. My only rules are don't show up late, come prepared, and have fun." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." he instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwords." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

((Outfit in picture))

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out