Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:01 am
Kiahpup
You can call me Kiah! ;u; I've been on Gaia for 4+ years and have never really been off of it... My friends used to play with me on zOMG, but I was late to Gaia and they slowly started to lose interest while I remained. I think I've spent a total of $60 throughout my entire Gaia existence, so I've put in time and work for all the gold and GC that I've ever gotten, which has gotten me pretty far on this site. I've made a lot of friends through a D. Gray-Man guild where I used to RP before everyone got busy.

Lately I've been mostly lurking in the GCD and Booty Grabbing (and very rarely I'll go play zOMG, but it's boring playing alone and DMS is out of the question because my rings aren't all at level 10), but I like to RP when my friends are on.

I didn't really mind all the GC offers at first, since some of them were nice... but ever since Flynn's Booty came out, it just feels like they're trying to inflate the prices so that when they have a flash sale, it's cheaper to use GC than work for the gold. >~< I've been refusing to use gold for myself these past few days now that everything is ridiculously priced, and I've decided that I'm not going to use any real money again if it keeps up like this. I'm basically spending stuff on my friend only because it's going to be impossible for her to get anything since she can't get on as often. It just makes me very sad...

Hi Kiah! This situation makes a lot of us very sad, but we're hoping to muster up enough of us to finally have our voices heard.

I'm so glad you're here!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:02 am
Madame Xiva
ganchroi
Hey everyone, I'm new here! Getting so aggro over the inflation caused by GCash that's it's unbelievable! cat_stare

Hi Ganchroi! I'm glad you joined us! We're all a bit frustrated as well, and you're in good company here. I'm happy to see you!

Thanks very much - now to try and get something done about it cat_3nodding  

ganchroi

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 am
ganchroi
Madame Xiva
ganchroi
Hey everyone, I'm new here! Getting so aggro over the inflation caused by GCash that's it's unbelievable! cat_stare

Hi Ganchroi! I'm glad you joined us! We're all a bit frustrated as well, and you're in good company here. I'm happy to see you!

Thanks very much - now to try and get something done about it cat_3nodding

You got it! That's why we're all here....we're formulating several things we can do to get Gaia's attention, and there's strength in numbers. Feel free to voice your ideas and opinions freely here!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 am
Madame Xiva

You got it! That's why we're all here....we're formulating several things we can do to get Gaia's attention, and there's strength in numbers. Feel free to voice your ideas and opinions freely here!

Well it would definitely make sense to stop buying GCash for a start... But the avatar I'm wearing is also in protest, and I'm selling everything I own because I don't see the point anymore cat_gonk

I think a gaia-wide avatar protest might work? (Making all the avatars wear poverty clothes or go nude altogether), then they'd notice everyone cat_3nodding  

ganchroi

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 am
ganchroi

Well it would definitely make sense to stop buying GCash for a start... But the avatar I'm wearing is also in protest, and I'm selling everything I own because I don't see the point anymore cat_gonk

I think a gaia-wide avatar protest might work? (Making all the avatars wear poverty clothes or go nude altogether), then they'd notice everyone cat_3nodding

I agree in SO many ways, and I've been selling off everything I own as well.

With the gaia-wide protest, I also agree, and there's a great thread HERE to throw that idea out there. The more opinions we get, the better chance we'll generate enough interest to make it happen!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:15 am
Madame Xiva

I agree in SO many ways, and I've been selling off everything I own as well.

With the gaia-wide protest, I also agree, and there's a great thread HERE to throw that idea out there. The more opinions we get, the better chance we'll generate enough interest to make it happen!!

AWESOME! At least it's not just me selling everything off (I was beginning to feel like a loner cat_eek )

And will do - it's actually an idea someone else in the petitions had, but I'm totally on board with it cat_4laugh  

ganchroi

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

CutieConundrum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:53 am
Hello, I'm Arkanum Arkanorum. Feel free to just call me 'Ark'. I'm not really sure what to say about myself. I've been lurking around this site for years longer than I've had this account, though I wasn't really all that active (save for around events) until recently. Over the years, I've seen prices in the marketplace gradually rise with certain items but that was GRADUAL. The recent inflation is just too-much, too fast, and it's throwing Gaia's whole economy out of balance. Prices are inflating far too quickly for members to keep up.

As far as GC is concerned, I actually wasn't bothered by it for a while, especially when it could be earned for free. It is/was a quick and convenient way to obtain pricier items. But now? It's taken over the site, and it's making gold next-to-worthless in comparison! It can take forever to earn a 'decent' amount of gold as it is without feeling like one needs to resort to using GC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 pm
Hello, I am Zalisu, or at least on this account I am. I am a lurker with a thousand mules faces on Gaia, and have been around since 05. I am a GC spender, I do have my Verge membership pin (though I am very disturbed by the prices of items there), though the recent mass of inflation and the constant bombardment of GC sales has become too much. When my account worth tripled gold value wise virtually overnight, I decided to voice my opinion. I want to do my part to help the economy stabilize again in a fashion which benefits all gaians, while at the same time not making Gaiaonline go bankrupt.  

Zalisu

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm
Arkanum Arkanorum
Hello, I'm Arkanum Arkanorum. Feel free to just call me 'Ark'. I'm not really sure what to say about myself. I've been lurking around this site for years longer than I've had this account, though I wasn't really all that active (save for around events) until recently. Over the years, I've seen prices in the marketplace gradually rise with certain items but that was GRADUAL. The recent inflation is just too-much, too fast, and it's throwing Gaia's whole economy out of balance. Prices are inflating far too quickly for members to keep up.

As far as GC is concerned, I actually wasn't bothered by it for a while, especially when it could be earned for free. It is/was a quick and convenient way to obtain pricier items. But now? It's taken over the site, and it's making gold next-to-worthless in comparison! It can take forever to earn a 'decent' amount of gold as it is without feeling like one needs to resort to using GC.

Hi Ark! It's so nice to meet you, and I'm glad you decided to join us! Welcome!!

I truly share your sentiments in so many ways. I've spent years here on Gaia, and I did fairly well for myself without Gaia Cash (I've never bought it nor will I ever,) but for all the gold and all the items along the way, it leaves me feeling empty since Gaia has become what it has with users that feel as if they need to resort to using GC in so many ways. It's very sad.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:16 pm
Madame Xiva
Arkanum Arkanorum

Hi Ark! It's so nice to meet you, and I'm glad you decided to join us! Welcome!!

I truly share your sentiments in so many ways. I've spent years here on Gaia, and I did fairly well for myself without Gaia Cash (I've never bought it nor will I ever,) but for all the gold and all the items along the way, it leaves me feeling empty since Gaia has become what it has with users that feel as if they need to resort to using GC in so many ways. It's very sad.

Thank you! And I agree; it is sad! I love this site. I've devoted a lot of my time on it, and I'd hate to see the marketplace (and Gaia's economy as a whole) crash and burn because of GC and inflation.  

CutieConundrum

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Princess Zelda21. You can call me Zelda, which is fine with me. Not exactly one to talk much, I'm normally quiet and shy to be honest. I've been here on Gaia for as long as I can remember. Like a lot of you, I'm just as upset about what has been happening with the inflation of prices and things in the marketplace and the Gaia economy in general. The whole Gaia Cash stuff didn't bug me as much from the start, but ever since it's been mostly shoved more and more in our faces as if being a demand, the less I liked it. Thank you Madame Xiva for inviting me here to this guild. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:32 pm
Hello! Metternich here! I joined Gaia in 2010 when I was in 10th grade, and it was pretty nice. But in the last few months, I've noticed there have been off the charts promotions of GC stuff. I don't buy GC, so I game the Market Place for my gold. I had humble origins selling fish, and eventually started selling/buying items. But this inflation caused by Flynn's obese Booty is really nasty. Sorry to start off with a negative post. But that's how I feel.  

Metternich

Dedicated Gatekeeper

12,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 pm
Princess Zelda21
Hello everyone, I'm Princess Zelda21. You can call me Zelda, which is fine with me. Not exactly one to talk much, I'm normally quiet and shy to be honest. I've been here on Gaia for as long as I can remember. Like a lot of you, I'm just as upset about what has been happening with the inflation of prices and things in the marketplace and the Gaia economy in general. The whole Gaia Cash stuff didn't bug me as much from the start, but ever since it's been mostly shoved more and more in our faces as if being a demand, the less I liked it. Thank you Madame Xiva for inviting me here to this guild. ^_^*

Hi Zelda! I'm so glad you accepted my invitation!! I think you'll find a lot of wonderful people here in the guild, along with some excellent ideas. Also, I agree! GC didn't used to bother me all that much until it really did become a situation of feeling like it's literally being shoved down our little avi throats! I'm also not real happy about Flynn's chest and/or booty. Not at all. At any rate, it's so nice to meet you and have you here with us! Welcome!!! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm
Madame Xiva
Princess Zelda21

Hi Zelda! I'm so glad you accepted my invitation!! I think you'll find a lot of wonderful people here in the guild, along with some excellent ideas. Also, I agree! GC didn't used to bother me all that much until it really did become a situation of feeling like it's literally being shoved down our little avi throats! I'm also not real happy about Flynn's chest and/or booty. Not at all. At any rate, it's so nice to meet you and have you here with us! Welcome!!! <3

Thank you very much! It's good to be here! ^_^  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:40 pm
Hello all. mrgreen I was invited by Mahohaku to join this group... because honestly, the situation is ridiculous. I've been a part of Gaiaonline since 2008-2009, but really started activity here mid-2010. Now I'm a college student at the Art Institute in Colorado, and work a joint art-shop here on Gaia with Maho. Since the most recent inflation, we have not raised prices with everyone else, but it's really troubling....I don't use Gaia cash. I save real money for real life (The nicest gaia items I own are gifted to me. sweatdrop )

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games