Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Astronomy Summer Term [FINAL is UP] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astronomy Class outdoors !?
  Sounds about right...
  Awww, I wanted class in the Tower !
View Results

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:14 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hailey Redgrave, first year Ravenclaw at Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Oh no I wasn't thinking they were childish at all! I STILL go back and read the HP books and I'm turning 24 in late August. Heck, I even semi-frequently read HP fanfics. Anyway, I may have to make a trip to the library as soon as I can. Probably won't be very soon though.

Hazel, 10 3/4"
Firm with Phoenix feather core

Oh I was talking about the listening to mom read the book out loud at bed time to my brother. It was how my mom got us to enjoy reading, she read full novels to us, not the normal red fish, blue fish. lol. When you do get to the library I do recommend the percy jackson series. I also recommend Dead Witch Walking. Amazing. That's my current series I'm reading by Kim Harrison. People also refer to it as the Rachel Morgan series (she's the main character) It's found in urban fiction. If you are interested.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm
Tohru_luvs_catz
ApostleOfTheWind13

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8986/tek518ec1431ed421249831.png

Oh no I wasn't thinking they were childish at all! I STILL go back and read the HP books and I'm turning 24 in late August. Heck, I even semi-frequently read HP fanfics. Anyway, I may have to make a trip to the library as soon as I can. Probably won't be very soon though.

Hazel, 10 3/4"

Oh I was talking about the listening to mom read the book out loud at bed time to my brother. It was how my mom got us to enjoy reading, she read full novels to us, not the normal red fish, blue fish. lol. When you do get to the library I do recommend the percy jackson series. I also recommend Dead Witch Walking. Amazing. That's my current series I'm reading by Kim Harrison. People also refer to it as the Rachel Morgan series (she's the main character) It's found in urban fiction. If you are interested.

I'll have to try and remember that. Can you tell me the first book of the Percy Jackson series? I think it's Lightening Thief but I'm not sure.

Dead With Walking huh? Is it about an actual witch?

Hazel, 10 3/4"

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13

I'll have to try and remember that. Can you tell me the first book of the Percy Jackson series? I think it's Lightening Thief but I'm not sure.

Hazel, 10 3/4"

Yeah. It's Lightening Thief.

Um.. Well that is a major plot issue that I can't tell you with out ruining a major part of the book. But Kim did do her research on witches, and this series has most fantasy characters; vampires, elves, witches, deamons, banshees, trolls,werewolves, pixies, fairies, a few nymphs/dryads. I don't think I missed any but there might be others. And well of course there's humans too. It's very interesting and it was important to Kim that she did her research on these people, and then tweaked them to her liking and placed them in a modern day world. Totally cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:55 pm
Tohru_luvs_catz
ApostleOfTheWind13

Hazel, 10 3/4"

Yeah. It's Lightening Thief.

Um.. Well that is a major plot issue that I can't tell you with out ruining a major part of the book. But Kim did do her research on witches, and this series has most fantasy characters; vampires, elves, witches, deamons, banshees, trolls,werewolves, pixies, fairies, a few nymphs/dryads. I don't think I missed any but there might be others. And well of course there's humans too. It's very interesting and it was important to Kim that she did her research on these people, and then tweaked them to her liking and placed them in a modern day world. Totally cool.

Ah I see I was afraid of that however you had me at fantasy characters. He he I might have to read that series first!

Hazel, 10 3/4"

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:59 pm
It is very good. The series is already kind of complete. Kim has finished writing them all, but the last two haven't been published yet. The next one is coming out in February and I think the last one will come out the year after.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Oh that's cool! It was so hard waiting for the next Harry Potter book to come out and when it did it was like ASDFGHJKL IT'S FINALLY OUT I MUST GO BUY IT NOOOOOWWWWWW! Ha ha ha~

Hazel, 10 3/4"

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:07 pm
So, does anyone read mythology or study constellations outside of class? I used to have a book on Greek mythology that I've read. It was far from comprehensive, but it was kind of supposed to be a kids book with lots of pictures and all.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:08 pm
Mothette x
So, does anyone read mythology or study constellations outside of class? I used to have a book on Greek mythology that I've read. It was far from comprehensive, but it was kind of supposed to be a kids book with lots of pictures and all.

I once borrowed a couple books about Cerberus from the library a couple years ago. One that really stood out to me was the story of how a little girl befriended Cerberus and he eventually took up his post as the "guard dog"--for lack of better wording--in the underworld. I don't know how correct it was but it was a very sweet story. I don't remember it very clearly but I would read it again if I ever came across it again.

Hazel, 10 3/4"

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:23 pm
Mothette x

I took Latin in high school, and we had to do a lot of translations that had to do with Greek Mythology, and on top of that we were required to do readings in our language classes. So I'm not an expert, but I do know a lot of the basic/common knowledge of Greek Mythology, lots of times like with the dragon story, I have forgotten them but as I read them I go, "Oh yeah! I've heard of this one before!" And then I promptly forget about it again, that or mix it up with another different story, they have lots of stories about sacred trees that are guarded for one reason or another.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:47 pm
The final is UP ! And house points have been awarded unfortunately there are members who did not complete assignment and they cancel out some of you outstanding students hard work ! READ the HW TAB and complete your FINAL, It was a pleasure teaching you this small term and my apologies for my absence

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm
Crystal sets her quill down and hands in her final. "Whew! That was surprisingly tough!"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:12 am
Mothette x
Crystal sets her quill down and hands in her final. "Whew! That was surprisingly tough!"

Hailey also sets her quill down with a sigh "I agree! I thought about doing the extra credit but then I realized I could only answer one of the questions, ha ha!"

Hazel, 10 3/4"

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:04 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13
Hailey also sets her quill down with a sigh "I agree! I thought about doing the extra credit but then I realized I could only answer one of the questions, ha ha!"

"I did it all...but I'm not confident I got it right."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:10 pm
Mothette x
ApostleOfTheWind13

"I did it all...but I'm not confident I got it right."

"Oh you did all three of the extra credit questions? I'm not even confident about my answers for the final itself. I admire you taking on that challenge."

Hazel, 10 3/4"

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:23 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13
"Oh you did all three of the extra credit questions? I'm not even confident about my answers for the final itself. I admire you taking on that challenge."

"I know more than I let on..."  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces