Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Non-Anime Related
The Official Rant Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 131 132 133 134 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrotek
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:20 pm
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
OMG! *Has nothing to rant about at the moment* ...But I will! sweatdrop
xd
Ah ha! I found something to rant about! There's no one on and I'm bored out of my mind! I ranted! MUAHAHAHA! .... sweatdrop
heart
that have always been on my mind!!!
there aren't many active members here. sweatdrop
Oh I'm sure they're active just not on when I'm on. xp
Well in that case, you're stuck with me xp . I'm always on when no one is not. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:57 pm
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
Ah ha! I found something to rant about! There's no one on and I'm bored out of my mind! I ranted! MUAHAHAHA! .... sweatdrop
heart
Well in that case, you're stuck with me xp . I'm always on when no one is not. xd

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd  

Jennoasis

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:59 pm
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd
Well, I'm always posting like crazy whenever I'm here. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:01 pm
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd

*Sees you're on* eek  

Jennoasis

Syrotek
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:03 pm
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart
AAH!!! ...It's cool
EDIT:*cough*boring*cough*
Yeah, many people said that before. It's alway boring hanging out with me. xp blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:05 pm
MadAzrael
Me too. blaugh  

Syrotek
Crew

Jennoasis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:06 pm
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart
AAH!!! ...It's cool
EDIT:*cough*boring*cough*
Yeah, many people said that before. It's alway boring hanging out with me. xp blaugh

BORING?! WHO SAID IT WAS BORING?! scream ...I'm okay now.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:21 pm
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd

*Sees you're on* eek
My, what big eyes you have. xd  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Jennoasis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:28 pm
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd

*Sees you're on* eek

I hear that a lot. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:51 pm
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd

*Sees you're on* eek

Well, sometime I like big eyes. xd I'm an eye guy. xp  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Jennoasis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:33 pm
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd

*Sees you're on* eek

LOL. That's cool! *Has dark/light brown eyes* Yeah don't ask. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:53 pm
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd

*Sees you're on* eek

Heh. I have eyes that are black sometimes, brown the other...etc. xd MOOD eyes. xp  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Jennoasis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:56 pm
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
MadAzrael
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
Iyamashi
Jennoasis
xd
heart

AAH!!! ...It's cool! xd

*Sees you're on* eek

Heh. I have eyes that are black sometimes, brown the other...etc. xd MOOD eyes. xp

...COOL!! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:18 pm
You know what pisses ME off?

How so many freaking fangirls/boys turn cool, normal anime/manga characters into blubbering homosexual idiots.

It's sickening. To a limited extent, I can understand it, but have any of you ever been to fanfiction.net?

I'll use Naruto as my example, most of us know it.

The character relationships are roughly as follows:

Naruto and Sasuke are allies, rivals, and don't really like each other.

Naruto likes Sakura.

Sakura likes Sasuke.

Ino likes Sasuke.

Sasuke hates everybody.

Hinata likes Naruto.

Naruto is oblivious to Hinata's feelings.

There's a lot more, but none of it really involves the main characters.

But you know what? Freaking FANGIRLS take Naruto and Sasuke, who are cool the way thy are, and make hundreds of yaoi fan fictions about them. I try to look fora good, well-written Naruto x Hinata fic, and you know what I find?

Almost NOTHING but Yaoi fanfictions, most of which are poorly written and by nature are not Canon and OOC.

I learned to respect the Canon when I learned about te Fanfiction Universities. You do notmess with Canon. It is BAD.

But all of these fangirls think that because, say, Sasuke takes a blow for Naruto that both are gay and madly in love with each other. Or perhaps it's because they kissed when another kid SHOVED Naruto into Sasuke.

It's ridiculous. Same thing in Yu-Gi-Oh!. Yugi and the Pharaoh are friends and comrades, not freaking LOVERS.

Same for Gundam SEED. Kira and Athrun are childhood friends, not blubbering gay idiots.

It's gotten to the point of sheer absurdity. We all like Anime because we enjoy the art, the chracters, the story, the fighting, etc. I doubt anyone's going to argue that point.

But fans completely SCREW UP everything about Anime with their own twisted imaginations. It makes me ashamed to call myself a fan of anime. The fanbase was much better when it was smaller.

For example, there's this kid at my school. Let's call him John Doe. Now, John is rather short, rather overweight, and a fan of anime.
That's when it gets sad.
He calls manga 'anime books'. He does not understand that when you read something like Magic Knight Rayearth that you should read it in order or you will get confused. He writes fan fictions with bad grammer and punctuation about Urd (Of Oh My Goddess) and Harry (Of Harry Potter. Yes, THAT Harry.) He does horrible self-insertions an claims it's somebody else. He brings a manga to school and tells me 'Hah! I have a manga you haven't ever even heard of!' (Note: Actually, I did know it. It was Bannr of the Stars, Volume Two of the Seikai Trilogy)

And he calls himself an fan of anime. Fans do not do those sorts of things. stressed

Fans will talk about what they do and do not like in series. If they write Fan Fictions, they make them literate and as close to Canon as is feasibly possible (Excluding 'What If?'Fan Fictions). Fans will read manga in the order it's meant to be read.

The fanbase in America is sad. There used to be a small group of people who would be up at four thirty or so in the morning to watch DragonBall Z on Cartoon Network. Now there's noting but screaming fans, going 'Goku is so HOT' or whatever.

Honestly, doesn't it make you wonder what's wrong here? A large fanbase is NOT a good thing. Anime can be considered the best type of cartoon, because of the diveristy of art styles, great plotlines, amusing characters, originality, etc. But a bunch of raving idiots have dragged anime down into the mud.

Like in what somebody else said, people at school may be talking about something like Gundam, and sombody else will saythat they used to like Pokemon.
It's no wonder a lot of people think that we're crazy; most of us are. Anime has been turned into something that people like to laugh at.

I can't watch anime with people around anymre, because of all the remarks about it that I recieve. My own STEPFATHER makes comments about Butterfree (A Pokemon he actually knows the name of) when he ses me watching Anime. He makes bad jokes about Gundam, in annoying voices.

Sad, isn't it?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Syrotek
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:41 pm
Rednal
You know what pisses ME off?

How so many freaking fangirls/boys turn cool, normal anime/manga characters into blubbering homosexual idiots.

It's sickening. To a limited extent, I can understand it, but have any of you ever been to fanfiction.net?

I'll use Naruto as my example, most of us know it.

The character relationships are roughly as follows:

Naruto and Sasuke are allies, rivals, and don't really like each other.

Naruto likes Sakura.

Sakura likes Sasuke.

Ino likes Sasuke.

Sasuke hates everybody.

Hinata likes Naruto.

Naruto is oblivious to Hinata's feelings.

There's a lot more, but none of it really involves the main characters.

But you know what? Freaking FANGIRLS take Naruto and Sasuke, who are cool the way thy are, and make hundreds of yaoi fan fictions about them. I try to look fora good, well-written Naruto x Hinata fic, and you know what I find?

Almost NOTHING but Yaoi fanfictions, most of which are poorly written and by nature are not Canon and OOC.

I learned to respect the Canon when I learned about te Fanfiction Universities. You do notmess with Canon. It is BAD.

But all of these fangirls think that because, say, Sasuke takes a blow for Naruto that both are gay and madly in love with each other. Or perhaps it's because they kissed when another kid SHOVED Naruto into Sasuke.

It's ridiculous. Same thing in Yu-Gi-Oh!. Yugi and the Pharaoh are friends and comrades, not freaking LOVERS.

Same for Gundam SEED. Kira and Athrun are childhood friends, not blubbering gay idiots.

It's gotten to the point of sheer absurdity. We all like Anime because we enjoy the art, the chracters, the story, the fighting, etc. I doubt anyone's going to argue that point.

But fans completely SCREW UP everything about Anime with their own twisted imaginations. It makes me ashamed to call myself a fan of anime. The fanbase was much better when it was smaller.

For example, there's this kid at my school. Let's call him John Doe. Now, John is rather short, rather overweight, and a fan of anime.
That's when it gets sad.
He calls manga 'anime books'. He does not understand that when you read something like Magic Knight Rayearth that you should read it in order or you will get confused. He writes fan fictions with bad grammer and punctuation about Urd (Of Oh My Goddess) and Harry (Of Harry Potter. Yes, THAT Harry.) He does horrible self-insertions an claims it's somebody else. He brings a manga to school and tells me 'Hah! I have a manga you haven't ever even heard of!' (Note: Actually, I did know it. It was Bannr of the Stars, Volume Two of the Seikai Trilogy)

And he calls himself an fan of anime. Fans do not do those sorts of things. stressed

Fans will talk about what they do and do not like in series. If they write Fan Fictions, they make them literate and as close to Canon as is feasibly possible (Excluding 'What If?'Fan Fictions). Fans will read manga in the order it's meant to be read.

The fanbase in America is sad. There used to be a small group of people who would be up at four thirty or so in the morning to watch DragonBall Z on Cartoon Network. Now there's noting but screaming fans, going 'Goku is so HOT' or whatever.

Honestly, doesn't it make you wonder what's wrong here? A large fanbase is NOT a good thing. Anime can be considered the best type of cartoon, because of the diveristy of art styles, great plotlines, amusing characters, originality, etc. But a bunch of raving idiots have dragged anime down into the mud.

Like in what somebody else said, people at school may be talking about something like Gundam, and sombody else will saythat they used to like Pokemon.
It's no wonder a lot of people think that we're crazy; most of us are. Anime has been turned into something that people like to laugh at.

I can't watch anime with people around anymre, because of all the remarks about it that I recieve. My own STEPFATHER makes comments about Butterfree (A Pokemon he actually knows the name of) when he ses me watching Anime. He makes bad jokes about Gundam, in annoying voices.

Sad, isn't it?
xd Sound like you hate yaoi a lot. but yeah, they do tend to get into my nerve sometime. once, i overheard a convo.
"Yugi like Tea"
"No he don't, he like Joey"
....(ok, so i forgot their jap name)  
Non-Anime Related

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 131 132 133 134 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out