Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Charms Summer Term 2012 closed due to inactivity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Pearls of Diamonds

((OOC: Do we send our HW to you, or do we turn it in here?))

Send it to the Professor, and don't forget this rule for submitting your HW

"turn home work in with your username rp name house year and lesson name"

Aunt Slappy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 pm
Amelia sectioned off a small area of the tent with a curtain to practice her next spell, "Oh nice and dark let's see if I an do it"
Lomus! ugh maybe i said that wrong wink

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:48 pm
Amelia takes a look at her book, and goes for a proper shot... Lumos! a sparkle came out of her wand and the curtain Amelia put up burnt down, "maybe since i said it wrong the first time it didn't work now"she contemplates to herself

Aunt Slappy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 pm
A little stress can effect everything let my failures go, and let's try again....Lumos! "ugh not taking charms for a term has made me rusty neutral " she whispers as she cleans her mess

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm
Amelia get's up confident, "Alright let's go" Lumos! The classroom lit up with a bright light coming out of her wand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm
Pearls of Diamonds
Glowing with the professor's praise and four whole points to Ravenclaw to her name, Willow decided to try another spell with which she struggled. "Expelliarmus!" She tries to channel all of her former passion into the spell.

It's another fantastic cast. She literally jumped into the air for joy as the dummy's "wand" went flying from it's hand.

((OOC: Do we send our HW to you, or do we turn it in here?))

"thats how its done another 4pt for ravenclaw
lols emotion has two possiblities in spellcasting it can enhnce your abilities to greater levels or it can weaken your ability to cast depending on how youuse it"

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 pm
Aunt Slappy
Amelia get's up confident, "Alright let's go" Lumos! The classroom lit up with a bright light coming out of her wand

"good job amelia thats 4pts for hufflepuff"  
Pearls of Diamonds rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:27 pm
Willow pointed her wand at the stick on the floor, thinking she should try the first spell again for good measure. It was the only one so far she couldn't get a really good cast on. "Engorgio!" It seemed a little better than her last cast, but she decided to put a little more emotion into it next time. Maybe that's what makes the difference she thought, but remembered the Professor's words. Though I have to make sure it channels well instead of turning to disaster!  

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 pm
so for extra credit
theres a new spell to learn that fits well with whee we are the quiditch world cup
its called the hover charm it causes things to hover in mid air only the most powerful version are used on regulation flying brooms lesser versions are used for toys fo r kids and for and test brooms also school brooms tend to have more advanced vversions of the spell
now since this is battle charms whats the good uses for a hovering charm you say? why its easy my friends how else would you use your broom to get to higher ground now this spell only allows for up and down movement not true flight but still kind of fun its also the spell that allows a person with magical power to hold their hand over a broom and say "" up"" and have the broom rise into thier hands
for practice i have several hundred brooms if you want extra credit cast the spell on the brooms
table 1-1 broom spell hover effects
1-5 nothing happens
6-10 backfire
11-15 you make a kids toy
16-18 you make a school broom
10-20 you make a regulation broom
cast the spell 5 times for extra credit

rocky road sundae rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:54 am
Having heard about the extra credit assignment, Echo waltzes into the Charms tent and grabs a broomstick to practice. She takes her wand, does a swish and flick (perhaps a little harder than necessary) and says "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Echo is immediately lifted off her own feet, while the broom remains on the ground. gonk

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

rocky road sundae rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:58 am
Echo decides to give the spell another try. Swish, flick, "Wingardium Leviosa!"

The broom hovers a tiny bit off the ground. It would make a passable child's toy

rocky road sundae rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 pm
Thinking she can do better, Echo takes another broom. She holds her wand out and pauses before performing the necessary swish and flick.

For the second time, Echo is lifted off her own feet crying Then she realizes it was probably because she forgot the incantation redface

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

rocky road sundae rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:09 pm
Feeling discouraged, Echo decides to try again. Ravenclaws don't give up if a spell is difficult! Swish, flick, Wingardium Leviosa!

Yet another backfire crying I'm not having much luck today, Echo thinks

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces