Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Roleplays
Magic Vs. Tech (Open and Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NastyNate27

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm
Dread slowly grabbed his grenade launcher off his thigh and resumed a passive stance. He turned his head very slightly to a voice that did not come from the mages in front of him.

"Abandoned? No, they are merely enforcing a fail-safe. Dawn central command can not allow something like me to escape," Dread shrugged gently as if it was an unimportant detail "As for hiding, why would I? They want to destroy me and keep all their valuable data out of the hands of you magicians, very well. But I will bury them under these towers."

The mostly white mecha soldier turned towards the tower with a giant image of himself and raised his gun. With a muffled thump, a grenade took flight and slammed into the image. The explosion made the screen flicker out and created a large hole in the face of the tower.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Sollemnis lifted her gaze to look at Leo. "I'm not going to hide," she stated, "Although my wing is injured and I am unable to fly, I can still fight." she inclined her head as one of the screens shattered and the tower upon which it was mounted was now left with a gaping hole, where smoke curled from the edges. The A.I. seemed to be thinking for itself, finally."What is he doing...?" muttered the winged. She let her right wing stretch a little bit, her injured one folded in on itself and lifeless as ever. She already knew the answer.

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Are they all idiots! This is exactly what I didn't want. Oh well, I'm too weak to put in my own thoughts. I guess I just have to see how this plays out. Oh I hope I don't die. Rachelle thought to herself. She was too weak to even squeak. Rachelle watched the AI blow up the screen and wondered what he was doing. She hoped he wasn't planning on something stupid or dangerous.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:11 pm
Deela was surprised. She guess that this A.I did not have that relentless Loyalty that most of the A.Is ,that She encountered, had. "Well, If you are destroying your Masters then count me as an ally for you." Deela grinned at the thought of the fight. She looked over to the Mages, two were in no condition to fight and the only male was using most of his energy just to hover there. If She stuck with this group, then there was bound to be some good fights.
Deela watched as the Building's screen crumbled. She wasn't even paying attention to herself, her hands became claws and her Lycan ears and tail sprouted out. She glanced at herself, "Oops, Guess I wasn't controlling myself." Deela didn't care. She may just need her claws, so she stayed in her half-form.

UnknownProxy

Backwoods Shapeshifter

24,940 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Redecorator 50

tying15

Dedicated Sage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:44 am
Raking a hand through his hair, Leo's look of exasperation slowly faded from his face before he finally turned to the other two mages sitting on the disc of air. "So are we staying to fight or we going to leave?" He asked calmly, indifferent to the result as he sat down, waiting for their answer, watching the AI shoot a grenade at the nearest tower. Smart guy, he would help if he had any spare magic but it was taking quite a bit out of him to keep the plate hovering for so long.

A new voice made its way to his ears as he turned to look down in the alleyway, Leo was surprised to find a fiend, half way transformed. "And who might you be?"He asked, curiosity lacing his voice. Where were all these mages coming from? He wondered as his eyes trained on the fiend that stood there, tail flicking, and claws out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:23 am
Rachelle was able to move her head slightly to look down at the fiend that had spoken. Oh, great, more magicians to get captured, tormented and possibly killed. We need to get out of here! Rachelle thought hotly. She managed a to squeak out, "Go." Her voice was horse and she could only manage that one word. She needed some water or food to replenish her strength. She wanted her strength back. Rachelle could only safely assume going back home would save them from hurting themselves. She could tell Leo's strength was being sapped from this whirling wind. If only I could speak. A little strength is returning, but it will probably only be enough to stumble a little ways to a vend station in the city and buy something to eat or drink. We need to leave, come on read my eyes! Rachelle thought trying to lock gazes with Leo or the winged mage so they could understand what she was projecting, her worry about staying here and fighting. She wouldn't mind going to be studyied, not at the moment. Rachelle wanted to leave. Even if she was willing to give herself up to the AI, she only wanted to do that so that the others could get away safely.  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

UnknownProxy

Backwoods Shapeshifter

24,940 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Redecorator 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:53 pm
Deela looked to the Male Wind Mage, "I'm Deela." she said with a toothy grin. She heard some sound coming from the white-haired Mage girl. Deela looked to the Male again, "You're companion is wake, barely." She couldn't wait for a fight. She hopped from one foot to another, ready to pounce when needed.
She glanced over at the Mages, they all looked drained. She didn't want to protect them but if staying with them meant more chances to fight then she would protect them if she had to. The A.I was the most interesting of this little bunch, It just went against its programmers and was willing to continue to do so. Deela walked closer to the Mages, since they were so vulnerable to attacks at the moment. She shifted her claws back to hands and reached for her daggers and readied herself. Her Lycan ears were perked and listening for anything, her tail flicked back and forth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:08 pm
Dread turned back to the mages and glanced between them. They seemed perfectly comfortable with chatting even though it was obvious that Dawn Central Command had military forces less than minutes away. Blasting a chunk out of one of the towers would motivate the forces to get here faster but that was part of Dread's plan.

"So, Magicians," Dread stated loudly "I am currently the most notorious criminal in Yeron territory. Why? Because every AI has unlimited access to the network. If even one of my kind were to fall into your hands, you would know everything about my creators," Dread hoped he would be able to persuade the Magicians to help him. As much as he wanted to destroy the entire city of Dawn, he knew giving his knowledge to them would cause greater damage. "On a side note," He continued "I am Dreadnaught, or Dread for short."

"Unit Seven Five Six Three, stand down!" a human voice yelled out over a speaker. Turning back to the tower with the broken screen, Dread spotted a large black gunship, commonly referred to as a Shadow.

Wonderful Dread thought. Shadows were heavily armed and very quiet which is how it managed to approach undetected. Or it stayed behind the damaged tower until just a few moments ago.

NastyNate27

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:26 pm
The winged mage had ignored Rachelle's tiny plea to leave, instead refusing to even look at the girl. She had disgusted Sollemnis, saying that the Scientists had good intentions. ...But they never did. All they strove for was death and destruction. Why couldn't they understand at least that? Perhaps she would never know.

She jumped a little at the voice of the Lycan, whom she had not noticed until now. So Deela was her name. She looked excited, like a coiled spring ready to explode upon her enemies. "You're a Lycan," she simply stated, flicking her right wing and taking a leap from the wind-disc Leo had created.

Sollemnis immediately stood up as she landed on the ground clamsily, using her right wing to balance herself as she winced and tucked her left wing as close to her body as physically possible. The machine's voice echoed in the air. She could still fight, although she had no use for her wings anymore -- she still had the command of wind at her disposal.

Immediately her silver chakram found its way into her pale-fingered hand as she grinned. So information was the A.I.'s offer. She would gladly take it... and then dispose of Dread herself. But that would all come in due time. For now, the upcoming battle was of utmost importance to her.

[I apologize for not posting so much. I have been extremely busy between Young Marines drills/volunteer opportunities and volunteering at a Thrift Store.]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 am
Glorious, an arguing group. Leo thought sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. Sighing, as he listened to the argument and watched as the winged mage jump off his disc of wind, he brought it in a little, making it smaller and more compact. Turning to Rachelle, Leo rubbed his brow as he put on a quiet smile for the sake of the girl. "Come on, you're in no shape to battle so I guess I'm stuck with finding someplace for you to heal. That all right with you?" He asked, already beginning to direct the disc in the direction of the forest.

His eyes had shifted away as he looked across the rooftops to the treetops. Were there any buildings there? He wondered as they moved closer. Hmm...aha! He remembered there was a blacksmith among that forest somewhere, he'd gone there a couple times, maybe he'd be able to help.

tying15

Dedicated Sage

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:26 am
Rachelle wanted to object, Leo seemed like he would rather fight than take care of here. "I'm. . .sorry. . ." was all she could manage to squeak out. She wanted Leo to just drop her off somewhere. Then he could go back and fight like he wanted to. Rachelle was never one for this war, but she knew many people were fighting because they believed in it. "you. . .just . . .leave. . .I'll . . .fine." She hoped he could piece that together. Rachelle had meant to say 'you should just leave me. I'll be fine.' It was a mistake coming here today. It truely was. she thought silently to herself. Rachelle wanted to get her energy back. She started trying to pick herself up off the 'floor' of the disco. She managed to get onto her hands and knees. How come I've never sapped this much energy before? I've done things much bigger than that. Hmm, maybe it's because I held onto it for too long. She watched as they moved torwards the forest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:43 pm
Deela turned her head to the Winged Mage, "Yes, I am." Her ears perked, hearing something. She turned her head toward the sound. Deela grinned at Gunship. She would finally have a good fight! Her tail wagged happily at her back as she focused on the fight to be. She barely looked as the other two were leaving. It was just two things that she didn't have to waste time with.
"Hey Dread! You know a way that we can fight that thing?" She looked at the A.I and pointed toward the Gunship. Deela really didn't care if he told her or not. But she thought she should still ask. Deela wasn't prepared to fight a whole Gunship, but that wouldn't stop her. She grinned at the very thought of a fight.

UnknownProxy

Backwoods Shapeshifter

24,940 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Redecorator 50

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 pm
The winged look to Deela, the airship, then to Dread, then looked back at Deela again. "If we're going to take it out by simply killing off the crew... I can launch us up here with a short burst of wind." simply said Sollemnis. She knew killing everyone on the Shadow would be no easy task, but her muscles ached for a good fight although she was still sore from the encounter earlier with that machine. Her dark gaze turned over, once again, to the A.I. "But you, machine, have more knowledge of these scientist contraptions than I do. If you have a better way, speak up."

She whipped her head around as the sound of heavy running footsteps came to her mind, channeled by her magical silver necklace. Thank goodness she still had the little trinket! She immediately shifted and sprinted toward the sound, rounding a corner without waiting for the mechanical voice of Dread to reply to her. A Scientist man stood in front of her, appearing to be unarmed, except for what looked like... a small handgun. Was this one really so simple? Sollemnis let out a furious battle cry and shifted her balance, throwing her gleaming chakram with deadly skill, aiming to sheer off the head of the man before he attacked her.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:21 pm
Casting a quick glance as Rachelle, Leo turned back to the forest as he began to navigate, looking for the blacksmith. "No I can't just leave you, that'd be rude and you need quite a bit of rest. Besides, I don't mind." Leo said with a bright smile, faked as always but looking very realistic. The disc of wind began to slowly lower as a rooftop came into view, just barely visible among the thickly covered forest. Soon they hit the rooftop.

Giving a genuine (if slightly disgruntled) look of concern for Rachelle, Leo knelt down and offered his arms, "Will you be able to walk?" He asked as he tilted his head to the side. Looking down, he could see the gentle glow of flames, so he was in.

tying15

Dedicated Sage

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 pm
Rachelle looked warily up at Leo. She smiled slighty. "I can crawl. I'll try though." Rachelle didn't want to seem so helpless. Her voice was coming back enough to where she could whisper. "I just need some water and food.I will walk back to our city after I can. I don't want to make you help me. Just because it's rude doesn't mean you can't do it. I'll survive. But thank you anyways." Rachelle said and managed to shakily stand on her feet. She took his arms so she wouldn't tilt over and fall. Rachelle felt a little bad taking Leo from the fight. He was being nice. Rachelle wanted a swift recovery so that she wouldn't hold up Leo to much longer from the fight.  
Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff