Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Tomb Kings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:00 pm
Why must the retard revive this thread? Well then, lets see who thinks they have the best TK strategy for winning against Ogres. Daicon is openly invited to give his input, as well as anyone else who thinks they have a strong strategy against Ogres with TK.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:29 am
Sorry, I can't help. The only guy who plays Ogres at my store rapes everyone. Even the store manager doesn't stand a chance.

The GW employee who played him with Tomg Kings got his a** kicked.  

Lethkhar

Daicon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:12 pm
Eh, I don't really want to divulge the secrets of how to crush my own army, I rather like the fact that my Ogres have only been beaten about twice.

Still, it shouldn't be too hard. Look at Ogre weaknesses and exploit, exploit, exploit. Since you can't take a Slaughtermaster unless you're playing a game of 3000 points or more, Ogre Magic can be outdone very, very easily. That, and it becomes very hard for Ogres to stop an enemy from getting their spells off. In this respect, the Tomb King player should definately take his fair share of Liche Priests and/or High Priests. With enough incantations coming up a turn, the Ogre player will be hard pressed to decide what is vital to dispel, and what is not.

Ogre characters are big, strong, mean, and very, very tough. Most characters can't take them in a straight battle. Keeping this in mind, try and stay as far away from an Ogre character as you can. Naturally, you can only avoid them for so long, so be sure that your Tomb Prince/King is well equipped and well prepared for the meeting that is bound to happen sooner or later. Every wound you cause on a Ogre character is precious, so weapons that double, or cause multiple wounds, are your best friends against the fatties.

The Bull Charge, the Ogres main combat equaliser, can be stopped if you can get within five inches of them before they charge. With this in mind, if you know you're going to be charged anyways, run recklessly forward, it will actually help you. Seeing as most Ogre units will never get more than a single rank bonus and a standard as their static combat resolution, if you can negate the potential wounds of a Bull Charge, you can normally stop the Ogres from winning a combat.

That tactic may not always work though, so make sure your units are sized to last. That shouldn't be too hard, skeletons are dirt cheap, so take advantage of that fact. Units with 25-30 models are ideal, as they can usually not only survive the charge of an Ogre unit, but stick around even if they lose the combat. This gives you the chance for a counter attack. Units of Heavy Cavalry or Light Chariots are ideal for this. Light Chariots are the best, what with their impact hits and all. If you can hit the Ogre unit from the flank or rear, you've pretty much won that combat, and if the Ogres break and run, you're almost sure to chase them down.

Aside from that, don't be afraid to expend a unit of Carrion or some Tomb Swarms. If they can keep a unit of Ogres tied down long enough for you to get that precious flank charge, then they've more than served their purpose.

Best of luck TK players.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:24 pm
You forgot the part where we use your bones in our bread  

Reddemon

Daicon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:54 pm
Keep in mind the fact that I am an Ogre player, and have consistently smashed my Tomb King opponent. I know all about using their bones to make my bread. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:32 am
Daicon
Keep in mind the fact that I am an Ogre player, and have consistently smashed my Tomb King opponent. I know all about using their bones to make my bread. 3nodding

You just don't like ghouls. xd  

EliotJamesRookwood

Daicon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:09 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Daicon

Damned ghouls and their poison...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:45 pm
Daicon
EliotJamesRookwood
Daicon

Damned ghouls and their poison...

For 8pts they are a bargain. 3nodding  

EliotJamesRookwood

TheDarkHooded

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:15 pm
I've only played Warhammer a few times with the Tomb Kings, and won just about every game I've played (about four games with 500 points)

Not much

But now I'm playing against Dark Elves in a 2000 pt game. Any hints tips or tricks for going up agaisnt them with teh mummies? Anything would help greatly. I've got a tactic... But I'd like to hear from others who actually have experience sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:58 pm
Well, I'd use your Tomb Scorpians/Swarms to take out repeating bolt throwers, or attack mages, both excellent choices in messing up dark elves. Just get some units in the Dark elf army, and have them pop out in hopefully turn 2 or 3.

Elves are fast, very fast. Chances are, you most likely aren't going to get the charge. Standard elven movement is 5, and for their calvary its probably going to be either 18 with his faster riders, or 14, but with cold ones who are nasty in combat. Cold one riders are also immune to fear, causing it themselves. Expect a great deal of shooting, which will be better than yours. As well its quite likely they'll have magic to hurt you, and they have +1 to cast. Depending on the style of play, the Dark Elf player may throw in a Dark Elf assassin which is a very nasty character killer. Overall, all the elves will be faster, have higher ws, have higher initiative, higher bs, and some magic that can be pretty deadly, not to mention their characters aren't too bad. However for weak points in the army, they can't last in combat, something TK can, as most models in the Dark elf army have T3, and low armour. Elves are mostly Ld 8, but not immune to fear. Use fear to scare the crap out of the elves. Make sure you don't get drawn in any traps, and advance your whole army alltogether. As mentioned above, take out any repeater bolt throwers (With Tomb Scorpians or Swarms), as they send 6 bolts a turn at your lines each. Not to mention all the repeater crossbowmen, thats a lot of shots. If you can keep your lines together and not broken off you'll win. Keeping in mind, that your army relies on support, and not single units going off by themselves. The basic rule of going against any elf army, if you can hit them, you can hurt them. The tricky part is getting in a position where you can hit them without getting flanked. If you make a strong center with good support on both sides you should be fine, shooting is also cool, you always hit on 5's, even when you move up so get a whole crapload of skeletons with bows, and when the enemy gets close enough to charge (they'll probably charge you), rank them up. If your units can last for a round or so, you can flank the elves, and win fairly quickly.

Well, thats about all I have to say. Have fun!  

EliotJamesRookwood

TheDarkHooded

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:19 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Well, I'd use your Tomb Scorpians/Swarms to take out repeating bolt throwers, or attack mages, both excellent choices in messing up dark elves. Just get some units in the Dark elf army, and have them pop out in hopefully turn 2 or 3.

Elves are fast, very fast. Chances are, you most likely aren't going to get the charge. Standard elven movement is 5, and for their calvary its probably going to be either 18 with his faster riders, or 14, but with cold ones who are nasty in combat. Cold one riders are also immune to fear, causing it themselves. Expect a great deal of shooting, which will be better than yours. As well its quite likely they'll have magic to hurt you, and they have +1 to cast. Depending on the style of play, the Dark Elf player may throw in a Dark Elf assassin which is a very nasty character killer. Overall, all the elves will be faster, have higher ws, have higher initiative, higher bs, and some magic that can be pretty deadly, not to mention their characters aren't too bad. However for weak points in the army, they can't last in combat, something TK can, as most models in the Dark elf army have T3, and low armour. Elves are mostly Ld 8, but not immune to fear. Use fear to scare the crap out of the elves. Make sure you don't get drawn in any traps, and advance your whole army alltogether. As mentioned above, take out any repeater bolt throwers (With Tomb Scorpians or Swarms), as they send 6 bolts a turn at your lines each. Not to mention all the repeater crossbowmen, thats a lot of shots. If you can keep your lines together and not broken off you'll win. Keeping in mind, that your army relies on support, and not single units going off by themselves. The basic rule of going against any elf army, if you can hit them, you can hurt them. The tricky part is getting in a position where you can hit them without getting flanked. If you make a strong center with good support on both sides you should be fine, shooting is also cool, you always hit on 5's, even when you move up so get a whole crapload of skeletons with bows, and when the enemy gets close enough to charge (they'll probably charge you), rank them up. If your units can last for a round or so, you can flank the elves, and win fairly quickly.

Well, thats about all I have to say. Have fun!

Thanks a ton!! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:42 pm
No problem, always willing to help.  

EliotJamesRookwood

TheDarkHooded

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:40 am
Well, my friend went and swapped armies on me without telling me. Now I'm fighting the Lizardmen, any suggestions? Though I think I have a good army list for them...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:46 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
What'd he use? Dwarves or Khorne?

Psh, wimps. xd My latest anti-Tomb Kings strategy involved a 2,000 point game in which I hired both a Dark Emissary AND a Truthsayer, along with a standard Empire Wizard and Wizard Lord. That's 9 dispel dice with +1 to dispel. And don't even get me started on my offensive powers. xd

Sorry, but you can't use a Dark Emissary and a Truthsayer in the same army. It states so in their rules.  

Daemon_King

Accalia Nadia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:57 am
What Lord would you rather use in your army for a 2000pts game, A Tomb King or Liche High Priest?
In my personal experience I would say the Tomb King just for the fact that he packs one heck of a punch in combat. Also for the stuff you can equip him with, just adding a great weapon to him gives a strength of 7 that’s killer.
But then again the Liche High Priest does have his own abilities. But they just don't serve my purpose.

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff