Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Beastmen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tidus rockshay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:45 am
I am currently working on my horde.... 2000 Points and counting, it contains my best painted model, my shaggoth. Oh and i have a few chaos warriors.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:28 pm
im starting a tzeench beastmen army, and i dont no whether 2 have more chariots or another beast herd. both have their advantages but im starting 2 like the chariots more. any advice?  

Crustasian

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:49 pm
Crustasian
im starting a tzeench beastmen army, and i dont no whether 2 have more chariots or another beast herd. both have their advantages but im starting 2 like the chariots more. any advice?

What do you already have?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:20 pm
I'm going to be starting a beastmen army pretty soon. Its going to be Khrone and I have a question. I can take a Shamen with the mark of undivided in the force right? Or am I just fooling myself? sweatdrop  

Reddemon

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:15 pm
Reddemon
I'm going to be starting a beastmen army pretty soon. Its going to be Khrone and I have a question. I can take a Shamen with the mark of undivided in the force right? Or am I just fooling myself? sweatdrop

Yes, you can take a sorceror of undivided if your general is Khornate.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:28 pm
Lethkhar
Reddemon

Yes, you can take a sorceror of undivided if your general is Khornate.
Wonderful 3nodding Now if I could only take 2 regiments of Khronegors  

Reddemon

Manderson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:56 pm
Right now I am playing a 2000 point Nurgle Beastmen herd that has alot of manuverability with tons of beastherds and Minotaurs. And by putting my nurgle characters in the beast herds they give their feer causing to my gors and ungors biggrin . I just hate playing against bretonians and anything more manuverable than me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:30 pm
Manderson
Right now I am playing a 2000 point Nurgle Beastmen herd that has alot of manuverability with tons of beastherds and Minotaurs. And by putting my nurgle characters in the beast herds they give their feer causing to my gors and ungors biggrin . I just hate playing against bretonians and anything more manuverable than me.

Ambush is a handy tool for removing manuverable units that get too close to the edge of the board...  

Lethkhar

Certified_Snugglewhore

2,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:08 pm
I'm thinking about starting up a beastmen army. I kinda like the models, and the background and the sheer possibility for conversions. They're really expensive though, compared to other armies it seems. ~_~  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:59 am
Teh Sammy-Chan
I'm thinking about starting up a beastmen army. I kinda like the models, and the background and the sheer possibility for conversions. They're really expensive though, compared to other armies it seems. ~_~

I wouldn't really advise it at present, we really are rather bad, unless we pretend to be ogres.  

Daughn

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Fun Fact: New Army Book Beastmen will not be able to ally with either Hordes or Daemons. You want either of them? Better be playing in a Megabattle with a friend.

THis is the official word of GW in their Beastmen FAQ (They're also going to remove supplementing books in general. No more Kislev allies, and likely DoW will go the way of Chaos Dwarves).  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:08 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Fun Fact: New Army Book Beastmen will not be able to ally with either Hordes or Daemons. You want either of them? Better be playing in a Megabattle with a friend.

THis is the official word of GW in their Beastmen FAQ (They're also going to remove supplementing books in general. No more Kislev allies, and likely DoW will go the way of Chaos Dwarves).

It only makes sense; why would anyone want a fluffy or unusial army when they can hero-hammer instead, why confuse them with the choice?  

Daughn

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:09 pm
found a strange entry in some old books concerning Beastmen figured you should know.
They have a primal fear of werewoves, because wolves used to hunt their ancestors.
There are still werewolves in the warhammer world, just not in the armies because they are too wild to tame and discipline.

Werewolves appear in two types those who made Ar-Ulric mad by being pompous and corrupt and he cursed them until they reform or the wolf takes over completely (because Ulric thinks the wolf can do a better job, and he's usally right). These poor souls are often mistaken for being possessed by daemons, which is false, it actually said they are a "reflection of their own mind as though through a crystal" (the entry came from an elf strangely enough).
and those Khorne twists into the image of wolves in a similar manner in which the beastmen came into be. Khorne armies cannot use them either because the things would rather die than be tamed. khorne either creates them from cowards in his own armies, or serial killers within the Empire.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:32 pm
Since I got my hands on some rumors for the new book, I might as well share (I've been working on a beast army of my own for some time now).

Confirmed: Chariots will now be a special choice.
(Follow up, rumors state it'll be 1/special choice. Not sure)

Confirmed: Chaos Armor will no longer be a magic item
(Follow up, possibly an upgrade for marked Bestigors, very likely)

As for the piles of unconfirmed rumors:

Many people have heard about the "chaos gorgon" rare choice with a nasty ranged attack (I keep hearing 5th Ed. but I have to look that up). A new (impressive) stat line for the shaggoths is very likely, but no details have been made known. Bray Shamans supposedly get a bonus to casting spells from the Lore of Beasts (makes sense, sounds like BS to me though...), and the final whopper of a rumor that's been circulating...

A Beast Daemon Prince.

I guess I'll leave these here, as some sort of hope that the Chaos Gods of Games Workshop haven't abandoned you guys yet (New book is in Fall '09 though DX)

On a final note, does anyone have any lists that do some good in games? I've been trying to make a Bestigor shock but it doesn't look good on paper.  

explodeyFox

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Alright. Some friends of mine and I are beginning to play Fantasy and, just from the fluff adn the special rules behind them, I'm going to try Beastmen. The first battle that we're going to do is a large 2k point match so that we can each use a little of everything in our forces.

Suggestions? For my Lord, I think I'm going to take a Great Bray Shaman, just because the spells that they can pull off from any given lore are semi-terrifying. That said, I really don't know a lot about what works for them.

I like Shaggoths. I really do, but for the points, they don't look to be worth it.

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff