Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hotwaxonlobsters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:50 pm
Daemon_king
hotwaxonlobsters
Ok. I've never been to this portion of the guild, having only used the RP section, but I thought I'd give it a try. For a while now I've been looking at the Warhammer models in GW's websight. I have absolutely 0 books on Warhammer, but the models where just so cool. They gave me inspiriation. I decided to create a series of armies, each with a theme. I've been looking for a place to post them and get feedback, and just found this place! Keep in mind, I did not consider points whatsoever since I didn't have the books, and my only referance for the demons was my Chaos Space Marines codex. So here goes, my themed army for the Hordes of Chaos.

Hordes of Chaos (Slaanesh mostly)
This is a cavalry based army. I chose Slaanesh for the mounted demons because of their Warp Screem coupled with their Demonic Talons and their mounts' high speeds. The whole concept of this army is moving fast and getting tangled in melee. The Daemonettes provide a screen for the Knights as both charge forward ahead of the Mammoths. They tangle in melee, and if they push through hit the units that are most dangerous to the Mammoths, such as cannons and bolt throwers. I threw in a Tzneetch sorcerer along with the Slaaneshi for greater spell selection. They'll wreak havoc while the Mammoths lumber forward. When the Mammoths hit, its all over. The simplist kind of combat.

Lord: Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh mounted upon Slaaneshi steed.
Lord: Keeper of Secrets (Forgeworld)
Hero: Sorcerer of Tzneentch (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Hero: Sorcerer of Slaanesh (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Mauraders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Marauders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Knights of Chaos with Marks of Slaanesh
Special: Daemonettes on Steeds of Slaanesh
2 Rare: Chaos War Mammoth

The War Mammoths are from Forgeworld and are the only unit (besides the demons) for which I know the percisie rules. They where just too powerfull to pass up. I basicaly themed the army after them.

That list is not logical.

Is it not? I have very little referance. I built this off of an RP (it was to inform us about how big our army was) and it was 2 Lords, 2 Heroes, 6 Core, 4 Special and 2 Rare.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:19 pm
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze
Well I've decided to do both. M'yup.

Also, just to be a b***h, I'm going to throw in some Beastmen into both armies for good measure.

Plus, I'm going to be saving up for the Froge World Keeper of Secrets. I don't like the metal model. xp

Beastmen are awesome. Ambush kicks a**!

The general has to have the ambush ability inorder to ambush.

Your point?  

Lethkhar

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:45 pm
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Also, just to be a b***h, I'm going to throw in some Beastmen into both armies for good measure.

Plus, I'm going to be saving up for the Froge World Keeper of Secrets. I don't like the metal model. xp

Your point?

Is ambush and the skill that lets beastmen get rank bonuses and negate enemy ranks through flank charges the same or diffrent skills, it's been a while since I saw a Beastmen army.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:33 pm
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Your point?

If the general doesn't have the ambush ability you can't ambush.  

Daemon_King

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:36 pm
hotwaxonlobsters
Daemon_king
hotwaxonlobsters
Ok. I've never been to this portion of the guild, having only used the RP section, but I thought I'd give it a try. For a while now I've been looking at the Warhammer models in GW's websight. I have absolutely 0 books on Warhammer, but the models where just so cool. They gave me inspiriation. I decided to create a series of armies, each with a theme. I've been looking for a place to post them and get feedback, and just found this place! Keep in mind, I did not consider points whatsoever since I didn't have the books, and my only referance for the demons was my Chaos Space Marines codex. So here goes, my themed army for the Hordes of Chaos.

Hordes of Chaos (Slaanesh mostly)
This is a cavalry based army. I chose Slaanesh for the mounted demons because of their Warp Screem coupled with their Demonic Talons and their mounts' high speeds. The whole concept of this army is moving fast and getting tangled in melee. The Daemonettes provide a screen for the Knights as both charge forward ahead of the Mammoths. They tangle in melee, and if they push through hit the units that are most dangerous to the Mammoths, such as cannons and bolt throwers. I threw in a Tzneetch sorcerer along with the Slaaneshi for greater spell selection. They'll wreak havoc while the Mammoths lumber forward. When the Mammoths hit, its all over. The simplist kind of combat.

Lord: Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh mounted upon Slaaneshi steed.
Lord: Keeper of Secrets (Forgeworld)
Hero: Sorcerer of Tzneentch (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Hero: Sorcerer of Slaanesh (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Mauraders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)
Core: Marauders of Chaos (Mounted in War Mammoth's Howda)

The War Mammoths are from Forgeworld and are the only unit (besides the demons) for which I know the percisie rules. They where just too powerfull to pass up. I basicaly themed the army after them.

That list is not logical.

Is it not? I have very little referance. I built this off of an RP (it was to inform us about how big our army was) and it was 2 Lords, 2 Heroes, 6 Core, 4 Special and 2 Rare.

Yeah, see a Marked army can only have that mark in it and the Mark of Undivided. Undivided can have all the marks in it. So, you can't just have a Slaanesh lord, and then have two Tzeentch heroes, just can't be done, or allowed in a game. Inorder to have that as a list you must have an Undivided general, and a unit with the Mark of Undivided. Marauders don't care for they can't have a mark.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:37 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Your point?

Is ambush and the skill that lets beastmen get rank bonuses and negate enemy ranks through flank charges the same or diffrent skills, it's been a while since I saw a Beastmen army.

I believe that they are the same, but I'm not sure, I'll have to check.  

Daemon_King

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:40 pm
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Your point?

I know, and the only possible beastmen general that doesn't have ambush is the Doombull, which must be used in an all-minotaur herd anyway, and minotaurs don't have ambush so it doesn't matter. Is there something I'm missing here?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:41 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Your point?

I've never heard of that skill before...Where in the army book does it say that?  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:37 pm
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Your point?

I know, and the only possible beastmen general that doesn't have ambush is the Doombull, which must be used in an all-minotaur herd anyway, and minotaurs don't have ambush so it doesn't matter. Is there something I'm missing here?

Beasts of Chaos in a Mortal Army.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:11 pm
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Daemon_king

Your point?

Beasts of Chaos in a Mortal Army.

Oh, of course. This is a mortal army. In that case, beastmen are still good for their raiders ability.  

Lethkhar

hotwaxonlobsters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:21 pm
Daemon_king
Yeah, see a Marked army can only have that mark in it and the Mark of Undivided. Undivided can have all the marks in it. So, you can't just have a Slaanesh lord, and then have two Tzeentch heroes, just can't be done, or allowed in a game. Inorder to have that as a list you must have an Undivided general, and a unit with the Mark of Undivided. Marauders don't care for they can't have a mark.

Understood. Thanks for clearing that up.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:46 pm
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar
Mister Freeze

Your point?

I've never heard of that skill before...Where in the army book does it say that?

Beastmen only skill, they can get up to 2 Rank Bonuses, and can negate Ranks during flank charges, unlike most Skirmishers. Command also instantly goes to front rank. I don't have the Army Book with me, ask someone else here who does or someone at your GW.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:22 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daemon_king

Your point?

Beastmen only skill, they can get up to 2 Rank Bonuses, and can negate Ranks during flank charges, unlike most Skirmishers. Command also instantly goes to front rank. I don't have the Army Book with me, ask someone else here who does or someone at your GW.

Oh you're talking about the raiders skill. Funny, I can't seem to find anything about negating rank bonuses...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:22 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daemon_king

Your point?

The Oracle has spoken..... ninja  

Daemon_King

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 pm
Daemon_king
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Daemon_king

Your point?

The Oracle has spoken..... ninja

Uh...yah, I still can't find it in my army book... sweatdrop  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas