Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Dwarves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:16 am
Thanks much for all the advice, especially since I don't have very much experience with Fantasy at all.

The only issue I have is taking a Gyrocopter. I probably should have mentioned this before, but I want a moderately themed army, aside from being competent. One convention I had was shrugging off any "modern" contraptions like Organ cannons and overly mechanical hoo hahs. They have a strong faith in runes and a hardy axe.

All that aside, what's a good way not to die by attrition and superior formations on the enemy's part?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:14 pm
Well, if you want an army thats hard to break, then go with an army comprised of everyone having hand weapons and shields. With all your basic units have a 3+ armour save, your more than likely going to be winning wars of attrition. Humans and Goblins may be cheaper, but they don't have T 4, or WS 4. A basic nine point dwarf warrior hits average humans on a 3, and wounds on a 4. They may have some armour, but they're hitting on 4's and wounding on 5's. With a hand weapon and shield, the dwarf has a save of a 3+, where the best a standard human could hope for would be 4+, as is the case with most core infantry units.

Wars of attritions are not a bad thing for dwarves, the only thing that can beat a war of attrition with a dwarf is the undead, simply because they can increase their numbers, and replenish their losses.

If you want to make sure your safe from flanks, put some Slayers on one side, and move them up with the entire army. On the other side have some ironbreakers, if you really want to make sure they don't move, give them a thane with an oathstone, though once it is set, they are not allowed to move. The rest of your forces can simply move up, and set up in a nice strong line formation. Dwarves are used to outnumbering, so don't worry about it.

If you are playing a more terrain oriented field, attempt to find some impassable terrain, and wedge a strong unit in it. Getting some ironbreakers with cliffs on either side, are very hard to break. They have no flank, only a rear.

Against armies that move around certain terrain types with ease (Woodelves-forests, Lizardmen-water and streams) make sure you stay out of their element. Ignore the little shooters in the forest who attempt to impede your march towards their lines. Sure, you might lose a few dwarves, but thats war.

Personally I'd get some more shooting, maybe a unit of crossbowmen? It states that Dwarves have had crossbows since their beginnings.  

EliotJamesRookwood

darkmage676

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:20 am
TerraRising
My 2000 point tournament army (which happens in 12 days!):

Hero:
Dwarf Lord (214):
General, Great Weapon, Light Armor.
Master Rune of Gromril, Master Rune of Spite

Thane (18 cool :
Gromril Armor, BSB
Master Rune of Stromni Redbeard

Runesmith (134):
Gromril Armor, Shield, Heavy Weapon
Rune of Spellbreaking x2

Core:
Warriors x 24 (241):
Full Command, Heavy Armor, Shields

Warriors x 24 (241):
Full Command, Heavy Armor, Shields

Thunderers x 10 (150):
Light Armor, Shields

Special:
Hammerers x 23 (352):
Full Command, Heavy Armor, Great Weapons, Hand Weapons

Bolt Thrower x2 (90):

Stone Thrower (110)
Rune of Accuracy

Rare:
Gyrocopter x2 (280):

Hero: 536
Core: 632
Spec: 552
Rare: 280

Total = 2000

you cant take two master rune on the same item, i need help with a 500pt list, it has to be good aginst wood elves,thanks alot  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:31 pm
You can pm for help... I don't feel like posting anything right now.  

EliotJamesRookwood

darkmage676

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:38 am
ok thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:39 pm
Now, who agrees with this statement, or disagrees, and why?

"The greatest asset to a dwarf army is its warriors."  

EliotJamesRookwood

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:12 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Now, who agrees with this statement, or disagrees, and why?

"The greatest asset to a dwarf army is its warriors."

My biff is this: Their warriors are pretty good, but they're awfully slow. Plus their siege weapons tend to be of a higher caliber than most other armies.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:40 pm
Who wants to try dwarven beer?  

EliotJamesRookwood

Daicon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:30 am
Could you possibly be any more random, Rookwood? xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:22 pm
Daicon
Could you possibly be any more random, Rookwood? xd

You know I could, Daicon. XD  

EliotJamesRookwood

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:09 pm
The cow says moo, the duck says quack, and the drunken Dwarf says Ale!Ale!Ale!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mommy!

Ok, so question. I've recently played a Dwarf Slayer army twice now and have not had the best luck, so I took a look in my Storm of Chaos book to see if there was a better way to beat them. Now I don't have the Dwarf book, so I was wondering if you guys could clear up a few things for me. First of all, is there a new army list for these guys in the Dwarf book? If not, is there a way to make a unit of Core Slayers have 5 Toughness? And finally, how do said Slayers get a 5+ Ward Save against any non-combat attacks? Actually, while we're on the topic, is the "Look Snorri, Trolls!" rule only found in a Storm of Chaos Slayer army? Thanks for any help.

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:57 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Mommy!

Ok, so question. I've recently played a Dwarf Slayer army twice now and have not had the best luck, so I took a look in my Storm of Chaos book to see if there was a better way to beat them. Now I don't have the Dwarf book, so I was wondering if you guys could clear up a few things for me. First of all, is there a new army list for these guys in the Dwarf book? If not, is there a way to make a unit of Core Slayers have 5 Toughness? And finally, how do said Slayers get a 5+ Ward Save against any non-combat attacks? Actually, while we're on the topic, is the "Look Snorri, Trolls!" rule only found in a Storm of Chaos Slayer army? Thanks for any help.

Yes?
due to Gw's idea, You can no longer play a Slayer force. The loner rule takes away that option, and they are special choices. Other then that, I'm not sure  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:06 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Mommy!

Yes?

Well, Slayer characters can only go in Slayer units, and for every slayer character you have, you can have another Slayer unit.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:49 am
Dwarfs are getting plastic miners, confirmed and cannot be denied. There is also something of a Grudge Pony bristling with guns seen on the GW on-line store.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff