Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:37 am
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Ok, so I plan on playing a Dark Elf player sometime soon. It's a pretty important match. The thing is, I just realized that I really have no idea what the general flaw in a Dark Elf army is. Kinda like how Ogres are easily outnumbered, Chaos has little to no ranged attacks, Wood Elves have non-existant armour, and so on and so forth. So... Just what IS the general weakness of a Dark Elf army?

They die easily. Honestly, the only things that don't die easily are their monsters. T3, for any elf player, is the major annoyance. Down to their greatest Lord, all of them have T3.

Of course, they usually make up for this in WS, but if you can overcome that they'll drop, as Daemon King put it so well, like flies.

And if you can (somehow) outmaneuver them, you overcome their main advantage. Their strategy is largely based on their high movement, and being able to get where they want to be quickly.

So if you were playing, say, orcs and goblins, this would be easy. Be sure to bring plenty of squigs and you'll ruin the dark elf player's day.

If you get the charge on elves, they're screwed.

What army are you using against him?

Empire. Ok, so lots of Knights and lots of Mortars. Maybe a few Helblasters or Giants too...

If you're using empire I wouldn't recommend wasting points on handgunmen. You don't need the armor-piercing and the fact that they can't move-and-shoot is a big disadvantage.

I would recommend using the battalion rules to your best advantage. Use your artillery to take out his archers and such. Let his close-combat units charge at your battalions and get slaughtered by entire battalions' stand-and-shoot shots. Does the empire have archers? Or do you have to have those handgunmen?

Oh, and that sniper-rifle thingy will help a ton. Remember, even his lords have T3, so if you hit them it's pretty easy to kill them in a couple of turns, especially if you have more than one engineer.

A giant may be useful for soaking up missile fire, but quite frankly with the elves' high leadership his causing terror won't do you much good.

Also keep in mind that you'll probably outnumber him, and in fact should make sure that you do so.

Swordsmen horde with many detatchments of Archers lead by Master Engineers equipped with the Hochland Long Rifle. Got it. I'll probably stick in a Steam Tank too just for the extra rifle...

Steam tanks are evil. twisted

I don't know much about swordsmen, but they'll do as long as they can stand a charge.

Flagellants might be a fun addition also. Aren't they immune to psychology or stubborn or something? My friend (Who plays Empire) says they can hold you in combat for a long time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:38 am
Boranor
Hey can someone do me a favor and post the stat line for warriors and cosairs?

I would, but I'm afraid it's illegal. You'll have to buy the army book.  

Lethkhar

Poodle dude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:20 am
Dark elves are so limited, there are so few models of them, i collect them but i think i would be better off with vampire counts if i wanna create a large core army domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:03 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Ok, so I plan on playing a Dark Elf player sometime soon. It's a pretty important match. The thing is, I just realized that I really have no idea what the general flaw in a Dark Elf army is. Kinda like how Ogres are easily outnumbered, Chaos has little to no ranged attacks, Wood Elves have non-existant armour, and so on and so forth. So... Just what IS the general weakness of a Dark Elf army?

They die easily. Honestly, the only things that don't die easily are their monsters. T3, for any elf player, is the major annoyance. Down to their greatest Lord, all of them have T3.

Of course, they usually make up for this in WS, but if you can overcome that they'll drop, as Daemon King put it so well, like flies.

And if you can (somehow) outmaneuver them, you overcome their main advantage. Their strategy is largely based on their high movement, and being able to get where they want to be quickly.

So if you were playing, say, orcs and goblins, this would be easy. Be sure to bring plenty of squigs and you'll ruin the dark elf player's day.

If you get the charge on elves, they're screwed.

What army are you using against him?

Empire. Ok, so lots of Knights and lots of Mortars. Maybe a few Helblasters or Giants too...

If you're using empire I wouldn't recommend wasting points on handgunmen. You don't need the armor-piercing and the fact that they can't move-and-shoot is a big disadvantage.

I would recommend using the battalion rules to your best advantage. Use your artillery to take out his archers and such. Let his close-combat units charge at your battalions and get slaughtered by entire battalions' stand-and-shoot shots. Does the empire have archers? Or do you have to have those handgunmen?

Oh, and that sniper-rifle thingy will help a ton. Remember, even his lords have T3, so if you hit them it's pretty easy to kill them in a couple of turns, especially if you have more than one engineer.

A giant may be useful for soaking up missile fire, but quite frankly with the elves' high leadership his causing terror won't do you much good.

Also keep in mind that you'll probably outnumber him, and in fact should make sure that you do so.

Swordsmen horde with many detatchments of Archers lead by Master Engineers equipped with the Hochland Long Rifle. Got it. I'll probably stick in a Steam Tank too just for the extra rifle...

Steam tanks are evil. twisted

I don't know much about swordsmen, but they'll do as long as they can stand a charge.

Flagellants might be a fun addition also. Aren't they immune to psychology or stubborn or something? My friend (Who plays Empire) says they can hold you in combat for a long time.

Swordsmen have the typical human stat line but better WS and I. They also benefit from the Shield and Hand Weapon rule. As for the Flagellants, they can hold you in combat for a good long time because they're Immune to Psychology and Unbreakable.  

Everlasting Chaos

Jazzy11235

Conservative Genius

1,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:20 am
Hello everyone i am new to the guild and i collect the Dark Elf army. I have a warriors regement, a chariot, a War Hydra and a unit of black Guards.

Can anyone suggest what i should get next???

Please my fellow Druichii from Hag Graef and Har Ganeth!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:16 am
Get some wood elf glade riders, put the hood head on, and claim they are dark riders. You can get a lot more of them for cheaper. Dark riders are nice, and can annoy units to no end. I'd also suggest Harpies, they are very tough flyers.  

EliotJamesRookwood

[Fraggle]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:52 am
Jerhien
Hey the cult of Slaanesh list allows you to do something very similar to that!!
The Storm of Chaos Campaign book has the army list for them, and you can take a unit called devoted that's all lightly armored elves with a LOT of attacks and the really cool slaaneshi musk (1/2's enemy weapon skill)...They don't have any models so I just took 10 Deamonettes and 10 witch elves and put them in the same unit with a converted deamonette standard bearer...they look great, and the army is a joy to play. (You'd have to buy daemonettes just for this unit though, they need to be on normal elf bases xp )
I always liked the witch elves myself, and I think the list really makes for more of a witch themed army. Hope this helps!

I am currently using a Cult of Slaanesh List for a Tournament at my local club. Sadly, the Tourny has been post-poned, as we were located in the local Scout Hut but the scouts have literally kicked us out. My Cult of Slaanesh list was suprisingly good, Because I took alot of Warriors with Repeater Crossbows and shields, with a unit of Chaos Warriors for a combat punch. I recommend a Cult of Slaanesh list to anyone considering one. Even though I didn get wiped out by a Chaos Undivided army. Goddamn numerous Marauders. All that effort to take out his hounds, and he does that. Grr.

Edit: Also, I highly recommend taking as many Bolt Throwers as possible. The fact that you can take 2 as one rare choice is good, and they can seriously wittle down enemy ranks. A Hydra wouldn't go amiss... I'm thinking of taking one, any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:54 am
ahh the dark elves killing for fun oh and revenge on the hatted high elves. is it just me or is anyone annoyed that you have to convert nearly all your models. i dont mind converting a few (actually make it more fun) but its taking the mic  

lord anaro

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:23 pm

Yeah, the new models were nice but not nearly enough veriety though ;>.> Most of my army is converted though, mixing various Slaaneshi parts with everything. I don't mind converting it all, practically all my armies are in some way, but what with all but the 2 core units in metal, converting becomes a touch limited .-.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:45 pm
well im currently building a Dark ELf army i love them and i dont care how limited they are if u kno how to play them a Dark Elf army is unstopable. i have one Dark Elf warrior regiment im getting 1 more, then a a cold one regiment , then 1 regiment of Dark Riders and 2 bolt throwers, 1 regiment of witch elves, 1 regiment of Exicutioners. For the General im getting Malus Darkblade.

In your alter we sacrifice,
Blessed by thy bloodie knife,
In hatred i find your path,
in Murder i fufill your task.

The Weak Die So The Strong Preveil.

Long Live King Malekith True King of The Elves  

God_Of_Murder_Khaine

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:47 pm
Frenchie-Emo
well im currently building a Dark ELf army i love them and i dont care how limited they are if u kno how to play them a Dark Elf army is unstopable. i have one Dark Elf warrior regiment im getting 1 more, then a a cold one regiment , then 1 regiment of Dark Riders and 2 bolt throwers, 1 regiment of witch elves, 1 regiment of Exicutioners. For the General im getting Malus Darkblade.

In your alter we sacrifice,
Blessed by thy bloodie knife,
In hatred i find your path,
in Murder i fufill your task.

The Weak Die So The Strong Preveil.

Long Live King Malekith True King of The Elves

Those regiments and Malus Darkblade an army does not make, especially an unstoppable one. If you are going for a Malus Darkblade army then your will be made up of Cold Ones, Knights (lots of knights) or Chariot; Corsairs; Dark Riders; and Black Guard are your choices. For shooting you have Dark Elves with repeater crossbows, and at least 2 bolt throwers. Also, to throw your enemy for a loop and make your army more powerful hire cannons. Dogs of War that can really do ya good. Including Darkblade, and depending on set points, give yourself a sorceress or two, have a Battle Standard, and maybe one or 2 Lords/Heroes (Hero or Lord depending on points).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:45 am
k thanks for the tip. But yea all the ppl i kno who play dark elves always tell me u need cold one knights and alot of them but all i play is a 2000 point games so i try and get a good lil army but yea i really want to make a full calvery army with Malus Darkblade as the general. But im also trying to get Malekith and the black guard and make an invasion force from that is that a good idea? plz help me  

God_Of_Murder_Khaine

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:00 pm
Frenchie-Emo
k thanks for the tip. But yea all the ppl i kno who play dark elves always tell me u need cold one knights and alot of them but all i play is a 2000 point games so i try and get a good lil army but yea i really want to make a full calvery army with Malus Darkblade as the general. But im also trying to get Malekith and the black guard and make an invasion force from that is that a good idea? plz help me

Malekith needs to have a big army, and 2k don't cut it for him. Though if you plan on to make another Dark Elf army with a Malekith as General instead of Darkblade than you would want to include Kouran, Captain of the Black Guard. Malekith take away the 0-1 part, and Kouran make the Guard a Special choice instead of Rare. So, your army can have a lot more Black Gaurd. Other than that your army for Malekith is anything in the Dark Elf army book, and Kouran thrown in for the theme. Darkblade is what I stated before. So, if you want a moderate size, like 2k to 3k, use Darkblade, but for 3k or greater use an army of Malekith.

P.S. Kouran, Captain of the Black Guard rules can be found on the GW website.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:36 pm
Hey Jazzy, I recommend getting yourself a Giant or Mengils Manflayers. I have both. It's very rare to find the Manflayers in a shop so you'll have to buy online. They're great troops and cause a great deal of pain for the enemy. pirate  

Evil-Chihuahua84

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:51 pm
That new Gaia armor looks suspiciously like Dark Eldar armor to me....  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff