The Skaven Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:37 am
kratios
now i have better question. knowing what i have, what do you recomend what i do?

Not sure myself, I haven't gamed with my Eshin yet. Eshin relies on Flank/Rear charges and Wounds to win combat, so that much is obvious.

Clan Skyre (The shooty one) relies on lotsa far-range damage, which is quite easy (Oh look, 40 Jezails in 2K points). Just beware of your guns going boom.

Clan Pestilence and Moulder are combat, and relatively good at it too.

Just remember these things when deciding if you want to do a specific clan.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:43 am
as i said in my first post i have no idea how Flank/Rear charges work. care to explaine the basic game macanics?  

Dark-Kratios

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:19 pm
Flank/rear charges work exactly as they sound. I'll try my best to explain, though I could be a little flawed.

Charges take place in your movement phase. Double your normal move distance for the charging unit. The targeted enemy for the charge must be in range to have it be a succesful charge.

A lot of times it ends up being a charge from the front. Which means that both units are facing eachother, and combat is standard. But you can charge from any direction. Catching an enemy from the side or the back is very good. It means you can catch them off guard, making the combat easier to win.

Skaven are fast and sneaky. This means of course, that they are not strong and sturdy. Most other forces can slaughter any unit of clanrats. So you have to plan your charge. Charging the front with two units of clanrats moving together, along with charges on both/or either sides with gutter/night runners, can give you the edge you need to whoop your enemy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:49 pm
kratios
as i said in my first post i have no idea how Flank/Rear charges work. care to explaine the basic game macanics?

To make it even simpler. When you charge from the flank or rear, you negate the ranks and many of the bonuses of other units. Besides that, a flank and a rear give you a +3 combat res (+2 for rear charge, +1 for flank). You only ever get a +1 flank, but having two flanks and a rear pretty much assures your opponent's doom.

As well, if you charge from the rear, most units have to take a panic test, even if not engaged in combat. If a unit is engaged in combat in the front, and then it is hit from the side, said unit must take a panic test, which could send that unit running.

So, I'll attempt to make a diagram.

Front
[1 1 1 1 1 ]
[2 2 2 2 2 ]
[3 3 3 3 3 ]
[4 4 4 4 4 ]
Rear

If we take those boxes to be a unit, ranked five wide and four deep, and it is facing the front, its flank are the sides and rear is the bottom. Clearer?  

EliotJamesRookwood

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:19 pm
Does anyone know where to find the Pestilens army list from the Lustria Campaign? Can you use that army list in normal battles?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:00 pm
Were_Wolf
Does anyone know where to find the Pestilens army list from the Lustria Campaign? Can you use that army list in normal battles?
Check the lustria book, itl be in there, and it is legal more often then not  

Reddemon

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:31 pm
In a campaign I'm playing, I'm stuck for a strategy against a wood elf player.

He has three units of ten glade guard archers, a unit of wardancers, a unit of waywatchers, and a unit of dryads.

I have a unit of clanrat spearmen, a unit of clanrats, unit of clanrat slaves, six jezzails, a warplightning cannon, ten night runners, a tunneling team, two ratling guns, a warpfire launcher, a warlock engineer, one pack of giant rats, and some poisen wind globladiers.

Last game, I couldn't even get near his units. Does anyone know any good ideas for assaulting a wood elf firing line?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:17 pm
No clue man, just keep your eyes open for a crack  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:55 am
Were_Wolf
In a campaign I'm playing, I'm stuck for a strategy against a wood elf player.

He has three units of ten glade guard archers, a unit of wardancers, a unit of waywatchers, and a unit of dryads.

I have a unit of clanrat spearmen, a unit of clanrats, unit of clanrat slaves, six jezzails, a warplightning cannon, ten night runners, a tunneling team, two ratling guns, a warpfire launcher, a warlock engineer, one pack of giant rats, and some poisen wind globladiers.

Last game, I couldn't even get near his units. Does anyone know any good ideas for assaulting a wood elf firing line?

Skitterleap a Warlock Engineer behind the enemies, with all the goodies. 2D6 attacks that auto-hit and wound on 2's are always nice.

Ratling Guns are near useless (You have to move within 15"", stop, and wait a full turn. They can also be targeted in new shooting rules. Same for Warpfire Cannon). Use the 100-some points spared to increase units.

Warplighting Cannon also useless, as he is mostly skirmishers.

Globadiers are Okay, but drop them soon. You'll rarely get a chance to throw the globes,a nd Armor saves shouldn't be a big deal.

Dropping these alone, you should have at least 250 points open, maybe 300-350. This allows you another mainstay unit, plus the option of a few other nice goodies.

Best bet? Use 2-3 units of Nightrunners (With minimal upgrades) to screen your units you intend to charge with, or to tie-up his combat beasts.

Try to get your Tunneling team to come up near his Waywatchers, take them out ASAP. You can do this easily, as the token is placed after scouts are. Or, to do something similar, draw the Waywatchers away, by placing the team behind the Wood-Elf line, for example.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:35 pm
ok, some little @#$% stole my lustra book and thus im going to ask this question. can someone pm me with all the rules for nurglich? i am willing to pay between 600-1000 gold for it. im willing to pay up to 2k for a scan of all the stat pages for the bubonic court. pm me first with info. if you want to send a scan i will give my msn.  

Dark-Kratios

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:08 pm
*The battle was below 2000 pts, so I could not have a grey seer cast skitter leap on the Warlock Engineer

*Can't get rid of units in the campaign, unless they die

I actually did good. I tied up his waywatchers with the globadiers, and my jezzails took down a few archers. The stormvermin destroyed his waywatchers, and most of my clanrats survived the match. Tunnelers misfired and died.

In the end I killed everything except for his mage, and I had a good number of units left.

-----------------------------------

I can try to get the rules for the Bubonic court of Nurglich, but it may take awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:43 pm
Skaven, my one and only true love. I play Clan Mors, and I have to say, slaves and rat swarms are the two best units in the friggin' game. Get them charged, then blast and flank away! Them po' foo's never know what hit em'. Of couse, there's always the chance of my blastiness malfunctioning...But that's what makes combat exciting, eh?  

Sandworm

knight of awsome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:11 pm
I found the rules!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:53 am
JirrisMidvale
Ah, I love the foul ratmen. I have a Skyre army that's in the works... has been forever. Can't seem to paint all the little bastards.

Yeah, 60 clanrats, 25 plague monks, 25 stormvermin plus lots of other little critters. I just never seem to get anywhere with them! crying  

dcikfyurt

dcikfyurt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:05 am
Neo-azrael
hmm Skaven, I never understood how anyone could win a match with them, There magic is supposed to be pretty effective, if not a little random lol. But is there anything that really makes them stand out from others?

Skaven aren't really a serious army. With everthing so random you kinda need a sense of humour. When your ratling guns all blow up in the first turn you'll know what I mean. As for their magic, it can be absolutely devastating, especially warp lightning.

The main thing to remember though is that all of the skaven upgrades are more powerful than other armies, but have worse drawbacks, which kind of evens things out.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff