Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Under Death

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:41 pm
My theory of a lack of Bretonnians:
Back in the day, there was a rule that stated:
"You must have atleast three colors on the modell, it must be flocked,and you must bring your codex."
This may have discouraged alot of the bretonnina players beuase of the extravagants of each model. But recently, that rule has been removed and so this releases the choke-hold on the bretonnians. Their is a spike in the bretonnians players in nmy store.
It went from one to four.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:19 pm
Under Death
My theory of a lack of Bretonnians:
Back in the day, there was a rule that stated:
"You must have atleast three colors on the modell, it must be flocked,and you must bring your codex."
This may have discouraged alot of the bretonnina players beuase of the extravagants of each model. But recently, that rule has been removed and so this releases the choke-hold on the bretonnians. Their is a spike in the bretonnians players in nmy store.
It went from one to four.

They dropped that rule?  

Everlasting Chaos

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:51 pm
I never heard about that, I've only ever seen painted armys at a tourni  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:44 pm
There was a rule?

Any player that starts a Bretonnian army MUST be prepared to paint like mad. It's just the way Bretonnians are. They are fancy. And colorful. And French. xd

I'd be mortified to see one color Bretonnians.  

BlueLucied

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:18 pm
At my store, if your models weren't painted, based, etc, they weren't allowed to be used. Then they changed it into Primed and Based, then Primed, and now you can have at most around 30% of your army unprimed....

Well, a few staff members still intervene every now and then (At the start of each turn, each non-primed or non-based unit takes 2d6 S4 hits, no Armor Saves, etc) just to encourage painting/basing. Still, due to the lack of older gamers at my store (From around everyone but 2-or-so people being 15 or older, now only about 1 in 4 people is 15 or older), they're removing the painting rules.

And I like Bretonia, but I just have bad memories facing them, mostly due to horrid dice. Bretonia catches my interest, and if I start an army after Skaven, I'll probably look in the Bretonian direction...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:35 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal

And I like Bretonia, but I just have bad memories facing them, mostly due to horrid dice. Bretonia catches my interest, and if I start an army after Skaven, I'll probably look in the Bretonian direction...
Horrays! Another soldier for the Lady!

Well, being on the bad end of a dice role with Bretonnians on the other side of the table can be pretty nasty. Get off a charge and a good roll, you might run a unit off the table. A good missile killer unit has...

Battle Standard Bearer, Virtue of Noble disdain and the Banner of Defence;

Unit of 8 KotR, with the Banner of Chalons.

Pretty much, missile unit has trouble wounding with Banner of Defense, charge said missile unit, they can't shoot, Noble Disdain means you hate the missile unit, and can re-roll misses. It's beautiful.  

BlueLucied

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:41 pm
I just hate the Brets and everything they stand for. xd Or rather FOR everything they stand for. xd

"Only cowards use cannons! True men fight face to face!"
"Yeah, you keep saying that. I'll be over here out of your reach, loading this gun."

"Only cowards hire others to do their work for them!"
"Why don't you tell that to my friend here, Smashy the Giant."

Stupid stuck-up Brets being so colourful all the time...
*Enters angry mumbling*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:18 pm
Everlasting Chaos
I just hate the Brets and everything they stand for. xd Or rather FOR everything they stand for. xd

"Yeah, you keep saying that. I'll be over here out of your reach, loading this gun."

*Enters angry mumbling*
Aww, don't be mean cause we have standards.  

BlueLucied

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:18 pm
BlueLucied
Everlasting Chaos

*Enters angry mumbling*
Aww, don't be mean cause we have standards.

The Empire has standards. They're also constantly bombarded by piles of different enemies, so their standards tend to be along the lines of 'killing the invaders at all costs'. xd

Little more on topic, what enemies DO the Brets normally have to deal with? I mean, the High Elves have to worry about the Dark Elves, Dwarves have to deal with Orcs, and the Empire has to deal with pretty much everyone. So who keeps the Brets busy?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:43 pm
Wood Elves and Beastmen?  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:11 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Wood Elves and Beastmen?

Ah yes, and let's not forget the Wood Elf King Orion tends to constantly lead the Wild Hunt straight through Bretonian Lands, killing much in his way...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:20 am
I thought that the vast majority of the Wood Elves tolerated the Brettonnian prescence.  

Everlasting Chaos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Everlasting Chaos
I thought that the vast majority of the Wood Elves tolerated the Brettonnian prescence.

Then you haven't read the novel "Guardians of the Forest".  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:10 pm
Lt. Brookman
Everlasting Chaos

You're right, I haven't. But I could have sworn it said in the Wood Elf rule book that they allow the Brets to be near their forests so that any enemies need to go through the Brets first.  

Everlasting Chaos

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:15 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman
Everlasting Chaos

You're right, I haven't. But I could have sworn it said in the Wood Elf rule book that they allow the Brets to be near their forests so that any enemies need to go through the Brets first.

By near, they mean surround. Bretonians, except for the very, VERY foolish, never enter the forest.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff