Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:17 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Yo, is anyone here playing in the Warhamer campaign over the summer? Do you know if the 'Ardboy list from Storm of Chaos is still usable? And, any tips you can give a new O&G player? Thanks.

First two questions, yes. Final question, I might be able to help you. What troops do you currently have/plan to use?

Right now I'm shopping around to make my first buy, I have the army book, but no models yet. Since I can use the 'ardboyz list I want to make an all black orc army, but that seems a little too unbalanced. And the character is probably going to be a Black Orc Big Boss.

Well, an All Black orc army would be a little on the Small Size(Bad), Suffer more from Lustrian rules(worse), though be stronger. May I suggest an Effigy of Gork, Big 'Uns, and fill in all the gaps with black orcs. Black orcs are powerful, though they get shredded from terrain and heavy shooting.

My thoughts exactly. So like every orc general I have to take the bad with the good and laugh when the expected happens! blaugh

Thanks for the help, Drachyench! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:20 pm
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Yo, is anyone here playing in the Warhamer campaign over the summer? Do you know if the 'Ardboy list from Storm of Chaos is still usable? And, any tips you can give a new O&G player? Thanks.

First two questions, yes. Final question, I might be able to help you. What troops do you currently have/plan to use?

Right now I'm shopping around to make my first buy, I have the army book, but no models yet. Since I can use the 'ardboyz list I want to make an all black orc army, but that seems a little too unbalanced. And the character is probably going to be a Black Orc Big Boss.

Well, an All Black orc army would be a little on the Small Size(Bad), Suffer more from Lustrian rules(worse), though be stronger. May I suggest an Effigy of Gork, Big 'Uns, and fill in all the gaps with black orcs. Black orcs are powerful, though they get shredded from terrain and heavy shooting.

My thoughts exactly. So like every orc general I have to take the bad with the good and laugh when the expected happens! blaugh

How many points do you plan on using though?  

Drachyench

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:22 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce

No plan right now, I'll start with the neccessities and then just build on up as I see fit. I might stop around the 2k-2.5k mark eventually.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:25 pm
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce

No plan right now, I'll start with the neccessities and then just build on up as I see fit. I might stop around the 2k-2.5k mark eventually.

Around 2000? Ok, that means that your army can, at most, hold 6 Dispel Dice. It also means you can hold 4 power dice. Remember these simple facts, in the White Dwarf, it states Borgut is only 1 hero choice in the Ard Boyz list, that for every standard your army has it gets a magic bonus if you own an effigy of Gork, and that for every unit that has a Musician it can march when it goes into loose formation.  

Drachyench

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:29 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce

Around 2000? Ok, that means that your army can, at most, hold 6 Dispel Dice. It also means you can hold 4 power dice. Remember these simple facts, in the White Dwarf, it states Borgut is only 1 hero choice in the Ard Boyz list, that for every standard your army has it gets a magic bonus if you own an effigy of Gork, and that for every unit that has a Musician it can march when it goes into loose formation.

Remember those words I will. Are you going to fight in the Lustria campaign too?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:31 pm
Something_Fierce

Remember those words I will. Are you going to fight in the Lustria campaign too?

Yep, I'm playing it. 3nodding  

Drachyench

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:35 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Something_Fierce

Yep, I'm playing it. 3nodding

Cool. I was planning on an 'ardboy army for the SOC, but I got sidetracked and never made it. This is my "repentence" if you will. The O&G's really wreaked havoc in that campaign with or without me though!
( eek )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:56 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Angelic_Executioner

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:04 pm
Something_Fierce
Okay, this is my first run of an 'Ardboyz Orc list. I wanted a real invasion type feel for the army, with lots of boyz and black orcs. My Big Boss, Black-teef, is called that because he has a nice set of obsidian teeth, Gnashsas, from some distant land beyond the mountains of mourn...

The one thing that has me stumped is the trolls, and its a fluff question. Which is fluffier, stone trolls, conscidering that my army hails from the mountains, or river trolls from lustria itself that tagged along? I'm thinking that because of the high amount of magic users in most of the armies in this campaign, that Stone Trolls would be best, and fluffier, but I want your opinions too.

Hero: Black-teef, Black Orb Big Boss... 138 pts.
Options: Warboss Imbad?s Iron Gnashas, additional hand weapon, heavy armour.

Core: 15 Black Orcs... 213 pts.
Options: Additional hand weapons, full command.

15 Black Orcs... 213 pts.
Options: Great axes, full command.

30 Orc Boyz... 208 pts.
Options: Shields, Big ?Uns, full command.

Special: 3 Trolls... 180 pts. (165 with Stone Trolls)
Options: River trolls

Rare: Effigy of Gork... 40 pts.

Total... 992 pts. (977 with Stone Trolls)
I like the look of the river trolls better then the stone trolls but I have not enough experience with either to really comment... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:30 pm
Thanks Lozt_1.

Anyone else have any comments?  

Angelic_Executioner

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:06 pm
kk here is my list again. A few changes.

3X orc chariots 240

30 orcs standard boss and musician 178

23 big 'uns standard boss and musician the warboss goes here also. 235

20 night Gobboz short bows standard musician 3 fanatics

10 arrers light armor standard musician 95

10 arrers light armor. 80

1 Orc Shaman level 2 Buzgobs Knobly Staff 150

1 Big Boss Orc 2 weapons shield Drogs dead ard armor sword of might. 121

1 night Gobbo shaman 2 dispel scrolls 145 (Skarsnik mini.)

1399 total points. Any better suggestions for the heroes load out? Tactics are always welcomed also. Animosity has been good to me so far. I am hoping to get the shamans close enough to gain loads of magic dice from the WAAAGH!!! Energiez....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:09 pm
Lozt_1

3X orc chariots 240

1 Warboss 2 weapons shield Drogs dead ard armor sword of might. 121

1399 total points. Any better suggestions for the heroes load out? Tactics are always welcomed also. Animosity has been good to me so far. I am hoping to get the shamans close enough to gain loads of magic dice from the WAAAGH!!! Energiez....

Hope you mean big boss, no Warbosses in Games under 2000 points.  

Drachyench

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:15 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1

3X orc chariots 240

1 Big Boss Orc 2 weapons shield Drogs dead ard armor sword of might. 121

Hope you mean big boss, no Warbosses in Games under 2000 points.
yeah thats the one. still getting used to the system.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:51 pm
I have decided to get a wolf rider army, full of chariots, and of course, goblin wolf riders.
I'm haveing troble deciding on what my Warboss should ride.
I'm currently leaning toward a Wyvern.  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:02 pm
Anyone ever thought of playing a Snottling Warhorde?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff