Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Customers from hell? How about them Cashiers? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lovely ghosts

Hesitant Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 am
meekstape
Tidus Guado
If anyone here goes to Anime Central in Chicago, i would advise you to stay the ******** away from the Crown Plaza.

The food was decent, but the staff there were horrible. They might have thought that a bunch of 20 somethings wearing costumes wouldn't want their food or drink in a timely manner, we waited an hour and a half to get our food and drinks, and then have the balls to ask for an 18% gratuity for being a group of 10.
are you ******** kidding me

you went to a restaurant during an anime convention dude. im guessing you're blatantly leaving out the fact that the place was obviously packed?? because usually when i go to a convention of any kind, and i want to go to a food place during said convention, 9 times out of 10 the place is going to be packed and the wait staff has to accommodate for that.

also after a party reaches a certain number gratuity is factored into the actual price. you had a party of 10 what the ******** did you expect dude, way to be entitled!!

edit: OH AND ALSO YOU WERE IN CHICAGO DUDE THAT'S A PRETTY BIG CITY FOR YOU TO BE ACTING SURPRISED THAT THIS HAPPENED.
As someone who has waited tables on an off for years (starving artist lulz) I have to second everything you just said.

It's common practice to put a gratuity on large tables ESPECIALLY in a big city. I'm actually surprised that guy only got 18% put on his tab.

I swear, there should be new rules! If anyone ever wants to go out to eat in a restaurant, they have to spend at least six months working in one first. emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:37 am
teaparty in space
meekstape
Tidus Guado
If anyone here goes to Anime Central in Chicago, i would advise you to stay the ******** away from the Crown Plaza.

The food was decent, but the staff there were horrible. They might have thought that a bunch of 20 somethings wearing costumes wouldn't want their food or drink in a timely manner, we waited an hour and a half to get our food and drinks, and then have the balls to ask for an 18% gratuity for being a group of 10.

you went to a restaurant during an anime convention dude. im guessing you're blatantly leaving out the fact that the place was obviously packed?? because usually when i go to a convention of any kind, and i want to go to a food place during said convention, 9 times out of 10 the place is going to be packed and the wait staff has to accommodate for that.

also after a party reaches a certain number gratuity is factored into the actual price. you had a party of 10 what the ******** did you expect dude, way to be entitled!!

edit: OH AND ALSO YOU WERE IN CHICAGO DUDE THAT'S A PRETTY BIG CITY FOR YOU TO BE ACTING SURPRISED THAT THIS HAPPENED.
As someone who has waited tables on an off for years (starving artist lulz) I have to second everything you just said.

It's common practice to put a gratuity on large tables ESPECIALLY in a big city. I'm actually surprised that guy only got 18% put on his tab.

I swear, there should be new rules! If anyone ever wants to go out to eat in a restaurant, they have to spend at least six months working in one first. emotion_dowant

i've never worked waiting tables, but i can imagine what a crap job it must be, and getting entitled customers who think they're above the otehr guests must be a personal hell. it's like. common sense dude, you're going to a restaurant in a big city during a very VERY busy time, expect to wait for your food, or even to be seated.

that being said, i always leave big tips when i go out to eat when i can. i know waiters and waitresses must deal with the stupidest s**t all day so they deserve the tips!!  

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

lovely ghosts

Hesitant Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 pm
meekstape
teaparty in space
meekstape
Tidus Guado

i've never worked waiting tables, but i can imagine what a crap job it must be, and getting entitled customers who think they're above the otehr guests must be a personal hell. it's like. common sense dude, you're going to a restaurant in a big city during a very VERY busy time, expect to wait for your food, or even to be seated.

that being said, i always leave big tips when i go out to eat when i can. i know waiters and waitresses must deal with the stupidest s**t all day so they deserve the tips!!

It can definitely be a frustrating job. Some people just don't understand how restaurants work, and oftentimes don't understand that good food sometimes takes TIME, especially when it's busy. And they also don't understand that as a sever, you don't have much control over that.

I do love the social aspect of the job though, you get to meet (mostly) cool people every day, and your coworkers become your family. Because nothing bonds people together better than stress and obnoxious customers. I've worked a lot of different jobs, and restaurant co-workers are always the best. heart

That's not to say there aren't lazy/rude servers out there. I'm efficient and friendly (most times, barring any personal weirdness lol) but I've worked with people who are straight-up shitty servers, and still expect 20% which is not cool.
You sound like a good customer. c:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:21 pm
I can go on and on about McDonald stories. But the worst one is actually from a few weeks ago. Me and my boyfriend where helping a friend move so we made a detour to McDonald's, we wanted lunch and it was still breakfast and only a few minutes until lunch so we ordered something light and waited.

Meanwhile a nice guy walked in, ordered some breakfast and waited too. He waited for about 15-20 minutes long after the changed the menu to lunch for his breakfast. Meanwhile a lady behind the counter was complaining loudly about how the drive thru people come first. It was very rude.

Finally he got his breakfast (making him late for work, we chatted with him for a minute and we just got our lunch) and as soon as he left another guy came in from the drive thru saying he waited ten plus minutes and got the wrong thing. Then when he complained someone laughed. And they took even longer to make his new sandwich. We couldn't wait to get out there.  

Shady Person

Newbie Noob

9,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Overstocked 200

Unno Rokuro

Dedicated OTP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:19 pm
I don't know Wal-Mart is a strange place to work. I've been told by some customers that I'm fast on register, one reported me to corporate that I was slow and daydreaming. just a abundant amount of colorful people. I was told by front checkout that customers will say bad stuff to the cashiers to their face about them being fat or stupid.
bad experiences however. so I called some Wal-Marts in a city an hour away to see if they had a TV I was looking for. 1st Wal-Mart I called only took about 4 minutes to look for the TV and tell me no, 2nd Wal-Mart I called 6-8 minutes transferred my call to someone in the backroom to look for it and said they didn't have it. 3rd Wal-Mart I was on the call for 20 minutes and 54 seconds!! I asked 5 minutes later I get another person asking what I was looking for I told them a 42 in Vizio well another few minutes, I get a different person asking me told them the same thing a 42in Vizio on hold some more the the point that I was FINALLY told yes they had some in stock. I was just annoyed by that time hung up and saw the time and my eyes widened. So I go during the weekend over there and see yes the TV is there. I wait by the electronics counter for someone to check me out. Some minutes later, a line starts to form all the way to the TVs so I get out of line [my boyfriend was with me so kept my spot] and tell someone in photo center that customers have been waiting and no one has come to check us out and she said she would be there. when she comes to the register she asks someone in line "how come you couldn't have helped me you worked in this department?" he said he couldn't because he's on lunch [jeez the least he could have done was ask someone to come to the register the line was getting long. If I see someone waiting for something going to lunch I still do that] finally find out the other electronics worker was searching for a customers online item in the backroom and ended up getting a line at the Site to Store. the waits were ridiculous in my opinion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm
[Whenever you are here, i'll always be around.]

Woah I planning on working at Wal-Mart as a cashier now im nervous of even working there crying
[CarlaaEfronn Was Hereee]

Chesapeake Cannibal

Kawaii Nerd

~Lady Kanna~

Anxious Werewolf

21,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Oh god don't get me started. I'll just tell a few of my stories.

So. I used to work at JC Penney in the Lingerie Department. This was before the terrible revamp they did, of course. I'm so happy I got out.

It was pretty common place to have little old ladies come up and flash us, asking if we had the exact bra/panties they were wearing. I was warned about this when I was hired, so it really wasn't all that bad. Shock factor kind of faded after a while.

But the most disgusting thing I can remember was finding USED PANTIES in the dressing rooms. Yes, covered in s**t and god knows what else. It didn't happen often, maybe once every month or so, but I never got over how people could do that.

We would also occasionally get a drag queen, cross-dresser, transgender, or transsexual in, and they were the absolute best customers ever. Always polite and very thankful for the help. One of the other bosses threw a s**t storm whenever she found out though. I can't believe she would treat a customer like that.

There was one time that ever really made me feel uncomfortable though. A man had called on the phone, which I answered, and wanted me to check and see if we had some thigh-highs in his size available. This wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't kept talking about how he had made these women cheat on their significant others with African American men, and make them get pregnant. He kept trying to get me to introduce him to my mom to make her do the same, which utterly disgusted me. Of course, I couldn't do anything but continue to be polite via company policy. We aren't allowed to hang up on a customer, even if they're doing something like that. I really wish they would change the policy for that.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm
meekstape
Tidus Guado

The fact that my group was the largest group and only group of people that attended the Con in the damned restaurant means nothing?

Also the place we went to was not busy enough to warrant waiting and hour and a half for drinks.  

Tidus Guado

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500

gum disease

Carnivore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 am
Never thought I'd post here but I encountered a bitchy cashier yesterday.

Went to Primark with my mum, bought some clothes/jim jams/hairbands and stuff. The queue was really, really long. They have about 18 tills and all of them were full, so that's how busy it was. I look at the girl at till number 6, she has a sour expression on her face. I think we caught eyes for like one second before I turned my attention elsewhere.

When were at the front of the queue, lo and behold - till number 6 was open for us.
The girl didn't speak, she literally ripped the clothes from the hangers and shoved them into the bag.
She then flung the hangers behind her, with that sour expression stuck on her face.
She tried to shove the receipt into the bag without looking and failed. I just raised an eyebrow.

My mum really wanted to say something to her, but she knows I hate confrontation so she bit her tongue.
I can appreciate that it must be tiresome serving several hundred customers a day, but her rudeness wasn't necessary.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:43 am
Tidus Guado
meekstape
Tidus Guado

The fact that my group was the largest group and only group of people that attended the Con in the damned restaurant means nothing?

Also the place we went to was not busy enough to warrant waiting and hour and a half for drinks.
>Chicago

>Convention season

A lot of places have take out, too. It's not that uncommon for that to be the reason why you were held up. When I go to Otakon, no one in my group ever goes to a restaurant, they order to the hotel room cus ******** waiting 2 hours to be seated.  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Druddigon

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:52 am
I just remember this one time in American Eagle when the cashier pissed me off.

I was buying two pair of boxers one of them was one I really wanted and was happy they had one my size.So,I get in line which was just one person this one cashier lady was busy with a customer.Then the other cashier open and took the person that was infront I waited there for 5 minutes the lady was still busy with the other customer.It was a couple and the lady kept grabbing and looking for accessory holding her up e.e;; a second person comes behind me waiting,the guy then finishes paying the other person and I was"Ok finally"I had my money out and he ask me if I'm using credit,I said no I wasn't he then asked the lady behind and she said yes and takes her instead I was "what the s**t I been waiting here for more than 5 minutes and you won';t take me because I'm not using credit?"I just kept quiet and got patient my father however got pissed about that and left the store not wanting to tell me something he knew I wanted does boxers so my mom and sister stayed it was almost 10 minute or more the lady in the cash register was STILL been hold by the couple the lady still looking threw stuff to buy why the hell wasn't she all ready to pay for everything?!the guy grabbed another person behind me who was going to use credit I pretty much went ******** it!and put the boxers away and left the store pissed off.I mean why didn't he just accept money instead of credit?I been to a american eagle and they take me if I have credit or not.Ever since then I could never find does pair of boxers in my size again :/ not even in the one I go to 30 minutes away this store was somewhere else farther.So yeah I got a taste of both right there it was just ugh..  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:01 pm
Hm, as currently working in a supermarket as supervisor and having worked before as a cashier, I have to say - it really goes both ways. Usually when I work, my cashiers always experience some sort of rude customer. Customers tend to forget they are dealing with human beings and not robots... Getting scolded for simply wishing them a good day, not knowing they had a bad one so far - it's really hard to sometimes keep that smile stuck on your face and staying positive. I had cashiers being yelled at so bad that I had to throw the customers out, simply because I cannot have them treating my staff like that when I'm in charge. Also, I experienced having a customer, walking in with holes so big in his pants that he would randomly flash private parts - Naturally, the cashier was pretty much freaked out by the old guy who decided to "give it some space". And somehow, customers believe that when you work there, you more or less live your life there. In their mind you have to remember the price in your mind, even if its something you just set up in display, and you might very well be dealing with much more than 3000 different products in a store. Often customers have these unrealistic view upon cashiers and workers.
And yes, we're sorry that we cannot always fulfill the ideal of a perfect service, but usually when dealing with such things as refunds, we can't just take the money out of the system unless we wish to get fired. Often it's the system itself that makes it take so much time, and trust me - It is just as annoying for us as it is for you. Nothing is more frustrating than when you try doing your best to help the customer and all you get is a rude comment about how badly you fail and how horrible it is. We are trying our hardest after all..  

7obias

Wicked Demigod

Luna Proudfoot

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:29 pm
I tend to sympathize with the service staff even though i've never actually held a position like that myself. I see customers being rude for no reason and i just cringe... like, dude, would it kill you to just be decent... neutral you're not king/queen of the world  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 pm
7obias
Hm, as currently working in a supermarket as supervisor and having worked before as a cashier, I have to say - it really goes both ways. Usually when I work, my cashiers always experience some sort of rude customer. Customers tend to forget they are dealing with human beings and not robots... Getting scolded for simply wishing them a good day, not knowing they had a bad one so far - it's really hard to sometimes keep that smile stuck on your face and staying positive. I had cashiers being yelled at so bad that I had to throw the customers out, simply because I cannot have them treating my staff like that when I'm in charge. Also, I experienced having a customer, walking in with holes so big in his pants that he would randomly flash private parts - Naturally, the cashier was pretty much freaked out by the old guy who decided to "give it some space". And somehow, customers believe that when you work there, you more or less live your life there. In their mind you have to remember the price in your mind, even if its something you just set up in display, and you might very well be dealing with much more than 3000 different products in a store. Often customers have these unrealistic view upon cashiers and workers.
And yes, we're sorry that we cannot always fulfill the ideal of a perfect service, but usually when dealing with such things as refunds, we can't just take the money out of the system unless we wish to get fired. Often it's the system itself that makes it take so much time, and trust me - It is just as annoying for us as it is for you. Nothing is more frustrating than when you try doing your best to help the customer and all you get is a rude comment about how badly you fail and how horrible it is. We are trying our hardest after all..

I so want to tip this. Why can't we tip in guild gonk

All you are saying is so true. I had some pretty bad customers today and came home really annoyed. Then I read this and it made my day ^^ Thank you.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

7obias

Wicked Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 pm
Iehonatane
7obias

I so want to tip this. Why can't we tip in guild gonk

All you are saying is so true. I had some pretty bad customers today and came home really annoyed. Then I read this and it made my day ^^ Thank you.

-high five to my fellow store worker- emotion_dealwithit
When you have a bad day at work, the best you can do is to talk about it x]
I'm glad I could make your day a little better! smile  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out