• Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:44 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino
I recently came out to my best friend, who then proceeded to repeat said news to the rest of our group of friends. Me liking dudes has been the butt (haw) of many a forced joke. It was funny at first, but now it's just annoying and tired. It happened fairly recently, so i'm just gonna give it time to settle. (I'm a "wait-and-see" kind of person.)

I'm sorry to hear. But if I was you I would get new friends.

No, they're not as bad as I probably made them sound. They're just idiots. Well, one of them is as bad as I made it sound, and he's a general douche. But i've known them for years, like since 6-7th grade. They're not that bad, and I don't really think they realize they're being asses. As I said, if they're still doing it after a while, then i'll tell them to stop.

I would tell them soon. have you told your family just wondering?

No, and I think it's for the best, honestly. The area we come from is not exactly the most understanding. I honestly don't know how'd they react: Either way, it'd be super uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:44 pm
Aku Ohino
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino
I recently came out to my best friend, who then proceeded to repeat said news to the rest of our group of friends. Me liking dudes has been the butt (haw) of many a forced joke. It was funny at first, but now it's just annoying and tired. It happened fairly recently, so i'm just gonna give it time to settle. (I'm a "wait-and-see" kind of person.)

No, they're not as bad as I probably made them sound. They're just idiots. Well, one of them is as bad as I made it sound, and he's a general douche. But i've known them for years, like since 6-7th grade. They're not that bad, and I don't really think they realize they're being asses. As I said, if they're still doing it after a while, then i'll tell them to stop.

No, and I think it's for the best, honestly. The area we come from is not exactly the most understanding. I honestly don't know how'd they react: Either way, it'd be super uncomfortable.

where do you live?  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Beast Henshin

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:45 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino

where do you live?

East Kentucky.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:48 pm
I actually do a pretty good job of separating my life in to degrees of how much I want certain groups of people to know.

Here on Gaia, no one really knows much of anything about me. Which is good. There is a certain something I do in my life that I get enough problems over from people from time to time because there's people who don't agree with it. But whatever.  

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:44 pm
Hi-Potion
Meromictic
Put them on ignore. They're not worth my time or your time even.

I kind of do the same thing in real life. I bail. For example, my father's side of the family is very racists. So when I was there for christmas/thanksgiving, I just left. lol I didn't even give them an excuse.
I cant understand racism in modern society... My family is racist too, It took me years to get my gram to stop calling black people "coloreds". emotion_facepalm I try and interact with my family as little as possible.

Yeah. I don't understand it at all. ;.;

Its just so frustrating. DX

Like, at my old store, a woman quit because she found out that one of the guys didn't start out as that gender. u.u;; That's just insane. But I guess I would rather have her gone instead of being an idiot employed at the same store as me.

We have guys ask for women's shoes all the time at my store. c: I've gotten pretty good at doing the conversions. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:10 pm
Halfling Heroine
Hi-Potion
Halfling Heroine
That was such an ignorant and horrible remark for that person to make! Whoever said that should be ashamed of themselves. I have the greatest respect for you Hi-Potion, for being brave enough to come to terms with your own identity. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to feel like you were born the wrong gender. Unfortunately some people can't see beyond their own stupid prejudices. If I were you, I'd put them on ignore. Certainly if I ever find out who they are, I'd consider putting them on my ignore list too, and I have never put anyone on mine yet.
Ive only ever ignored two people, but only in extreme circumstances. @A@
And no, not brave, I just had to discover myself, and everyone discovers themselves at one point or another. >A< And, yeah, Ive seen some horribly prejudice things said IRL and online. Even by celebrities and congress men/women in the states. here. But, slowly, the world is getting better with racism, judging others for their religion (Ive seen aloooot of people lumping all Christians with the Westboro Baptist Church and other groups), homphobia, transphobia, etc. But, not everyone can be as accepting. Sadly.

I must say, I find it particularly frustrating when big media figures come out with discriminating remarks. You would expect world leaders and the like to be more tolerant but as you said, sadly this isn't always the case. I understand what you're saying, that people discover themselves eventually, but for some people, they remain in total denial about their true identity for years. So I believe that your kind of honesty is admirable. For example, my aunt {on my mom's side} is a lesbian, and for a long time she denied that part of herself. She didn't come out until she was in her mid forties, but thankfully our family was very supportive, even my grandparents. But then my uncle {on my dad's side} is gay, and still hasn't come out to his father, and probably never will feel able to do so, as my grandad is openly anti-gay. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who'll discriminate against others, even face to face. Some people are just ignorant. Even though I'm not a very religious person myself, I would never harass someone over their beliefs. I respect their perspective and hope they'll respect mine.
Not everyone is accepting, but I suppose all we can do is ignore the ignorant and carry on with our lives as best we can.
Well, luckily we're living in a world that is slowly getting better, although things will never be perfect. I mean, women are doing pretty well, but theyre still not being treated as equally as men, and theres still racism and antisemitism, but every few years, things get better for everyone, so hopefully the media can help witht hat ono  

Hi-Potion

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50

Hi-Potion

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:23 pm
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic

I kind of do the same thing in real life. I bail. For example, my father's side of the family is very racists. So when I was there for christmas/thanksgiving, I just left. lol I didn't even give them an excuse.
I cant understand racism in modern society... My family is racist too, It took me years to get my gram to stop calling black people "coloreds". emotion_facepalm I try and interact with my family as little as possible.

Like, at my old store, a woman quit because she found out that one of the guys didn't start out as that gender. u.u;; That's just insane. But I guess I would rather have her gone instead of being an idiot employed at the same store as me.

We have guys ask for women's shoes all the time at my store. c: I've gotten pretty good at doing the conversions. whee
Luckily, I was born pretty short and with small feet xD
Ffff One of my friends, shes genetically female, she has size 12 feet @A@  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:40 pm
Hi-Potion
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic

Yeah, a lot of women come into my store looking for 10-12. x.x; We just don't carry much in those sizes. I wish we did though considering how many people ask for them.

If they're willing to wait, I can special order the s**t out of anything. cool It usually takes about 2 weeks for things to get to us. I'm hoping that if I can get it to be more popular that a) they will send us the bigger sizes in our normal shipments or b) they route becomes more routine and shoes show up faster.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Hi-Potion

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:14 pm
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic

Yeah, a lot of women come into my store looking for 10-12. x.x; We just don't carry much in those sizes. I wish we did though considering how many people ask for them.

If they're willing to wait, I can special order the s**t out of anything. cool It usually takes about 2 weeks for things to get to us. I'm hoping that if I can get it to be more popular that a) they will send us the bigger sizes in our normal shipments or b) they route becomes more routine and shoes show up faster.
Ffff alot of shoes in size 10-12 arent usually that cute ;A;
Sadly.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:26 pm
I've only known one trans person IRL. I admit, I found it a little awkward since it was unfamiliar territory for me, but hell, he was always "one of the guys" anyway, so if he wants to be called a guy now, I'm not going to make a fuss. Likewise on Gaia, I don't lose anything by referring to someone as their preferred gender, so why should I care?

As far as comparable "sensitive subjects" in my life, the only one that comes close is my atheism. Luckily, my immediate family and my friends have been very understanding, despite the fact that we all live in the bible belt. A few members of my extended family aren't so thrilled, though. My relationship with one of my aunts will probably never be the same (she said a few choice things to me that will be difficult to forget) but hey, all things considered, I got off easy. Most people have a much harder time when they come out as atheist.  

The Iron Magus

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Orczy

8,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:16 pm
I get really disappointed when I see things like this come from peoples fingertips.
Regardless of the insensitivity sometimes occurring online, that was just rude. If someone would have said something like that to me, they would have been treated like they treated me, then ignored.

You just have to be who you are.

I wouldn't have known either way what gender anyone is on this site, I just usually say he if it's a male avatar or she if it's a female avatar. If I know the person well enough to know different I say different. That's it. xD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:33 pm
Aku Ohino
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino
MrsrachaelSnape
Aku Ohino

where do you live?

East Kentucky.

I used to live in Ashland myself....  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:40 pm
Hi-Potion
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic

Sadly.

FFFFffffffffff plz.

Its all about working it And that's totally the movie that got me interested in shoes/fashion lmao before this it was t-shirts and jeans all the time  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:52 pm
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic

Sadly.

FFFFffffffffff plz.

Its all about working it And that's totally the movie that got me interested in shoes/fashion lmao before this it was t-shirts and jeans all the time
I heard of that movie xD one of my friends tried to get me to watch it a few years ago  

Hi-Potion

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:22 pm
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
Meromictic

Sadly.

FFFFffffffffff plz.

dsw is a good shoe store . .Avenue is a plus size store so they have larger shoe size there as well.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff