Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Different Types of Vegetarianism! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Attrice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:24 am
I'm a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian, but plan on becoming a Vegan when I can (And I never consume milk/eggs by themselves, just when they're in an item i'm eating)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:02 pm
I'm lacto-ovo as well. ^_^ I would be vegan for how most dairy cows are treated, but as a financially struggling college student I just don't have the means to go full-out vegan.

Anyway, to add to the list, what about a raw foodist? They eat only food that is raw (not cooked) and natural (not man-made/processed). Some eat sushi, but most are vegetarian.  

Kaioto_Katsuma

Hugs R Drugs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:16 am
Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian for me. It most suits me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 pm
i guess you could say im a lacto vegetarian with a minor ovo added to it. ill eat eggs, but in very small moderation. the way i look at it is if chickens are raised for their eggs then if we eat a too low amount of eggs then theyll start killing off the chickens for meat. but also those eggs could be raised and given life if they had the time to be fertilized. but other than that i see no difference with eating eggs than with eating and drinking milk products. cows are raised for their milk, chickens are raised for their eggs.  

SpazistIdealist

600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Witchkatt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:18 pm
I have milk in my cereal every morning and I'll even eat stuff that's been prepared in lard when I'm starving, though I don't like it.. I dream of caring enough about what goes into my body to become a vegan, but I'm too obsessed with music/too financially strapped to make the switch. Oh well. My rents probably wouldn't be able to handle it if I went vegan now anyway, they think my vegetarianism is just a stage..  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:16 pm
ffffff10
I don't count pescetarians and pollotarians as vegetarians.

They're still killing and eating dead animals.

but less so than others, and most of us arent doing the actual killing, and sometimes we arent under the right circumstances to be full on vegetarians besides that's why we have our own name. we are p-e-s-c-e-t-a-r-i-a-n-s, not v-e-g-e-t-a-r-i-a-n-s.  

no!an

no!an

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:18 pm
[Matsuko]
Regarding the pescetarian thing:

some people believe fish is not meat.

Theendkthxbai.

huh, i think i'll use that one, thanx.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:32 pm
I'm partially freegan but most of the time I can't bring myself to eat meat even if it's going to be wasted simply out of guilt.  

Dirty Penny

Dirty Penny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:34 pm
Witchkatt
I have milk in my cereal every morning and I'll even eat stuff that's been prepared in lard when I'm starving, though I don't like it.. I dream of caring enough about what goes into my body to become a vegan, but I'm too obsessed with music/too financially strapped to make the switch. Oh well. My rents probably wouldn't be able to handle it if I went vegan now anyway, they think my vegetarianism is just a stage..

Same here.
But my parents just don't want me to be a vegetarian. I doubt they think I'm growing out of it. I strongly believe in what I believe and have always stood for animal rights and hated meat since I was about five.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:28 pm
I'd be a lacto-vegetarian I guess.
I don't eat eggs [ewew I have always hated the taste of them] but ice cream is my downfall D:
I also drink chocolate milk every once in a while.
Not too often though
I really wish I could go full on vegan, but it would be very hard for me to do.
I have mucho respect for those who are vegan though.  

de la chance

WanderingNomad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:46 pm
Ms. Stress
...but ice cream is my downfall...

I totally agree, Ice Cream is like the "food of the gods," sent straight from heaven! But..............I discovered something that was so freakin' good, that it made my toes curl! Literally! And that's Tofu Ice Cream.

They make it in gallons and even Ice Cream Sandwiches (mint, strawberry, vanilla, etc.) Honestly, you cannot tell the difference between this and "real" Ice Cream, because tofu actually has not taste whatsoever. It "absorbs" surrounding flavors. That's why it can be used in Lasagna, Shakes, Soups, just about anything really.

One benefit though is Tofu Ice Cream has less fat, and slightly more protein than regular ice cream. Some have slightly higher sugar content, and others have less. That's just something to check out.

I'm not saying you have to give up ice cream or anything.....Just wanted to provide an "alternative" for you just in case it sounds appealing to you. Trust me, I thought it sounded weird at first, but it is AMAZING!

If you do come across it, and decide to try it, let us know what you think.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:41 pm
WanderingNomad
Ms. Stress
...but ice cream is my downfall...

I totally agree, Ice Cream is like the "food of the gods," sent straight from heaven! But..............I discovered something that was so freakin' good, that it made my toes curl! Literally! And that's Tofu Ice Cream.

They make it in gallons and even Ice Cream Sandwiches (mint, strawberry, vanilla, etc.) Honestly, you cannot tell the difference between this and "real" Ice Cream, because tofu actually has not taste whatsoever. It "absorbs" surrounding flavors. That's why it can be used in Lasagna, Shakes, Soups, just about anything really.

One benefit though is Tofu Ice Cream has less fat, and slightly more protein than regular ice cream. Some have slightly higher sugar content, and others have less. That's just something to check out.

I'm not saying you have to give up ice cream or anything.....Just wanted to provide an "alternative" for you just in case it sounds appealing to you. Trust me, I thought it sounded weird at first, but it is AMAZING!

If you do come across it, and decide to try it, let us know what you think.

biggrin

Oo sounds cool biggrin
I'll have to try it sometime, when I'm feeling daring :0  

de la chance

Eolanthe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:03 pm
Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian I guess, though I hardly eat eggs, they make me sick. My parents are Pescetarian so I occasionally have to eat fish but it's not a big part of my diet. My poor sister is the only one in my family still willing to consume animals other than fish.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:53 pm
I'm lacto-ovo, though I'm slowly moving away from it.

Over the summer I gave up butter and ice cream, which really wasn't too difficult. One thing I'm weaning myself off of is cheese. I must admit, it's my guilty pleasure. I used to visit a local wine shop once or twice a week to get some really good imported cheeses, but now I'm down to twice a month. If anyone could help with this situation, I'd appreciate it if anyone knew of any decent vegan cheeses. Most of the ones I've tried are rather acidic and kind of gross...

I would just like to wake up one morning and decide 'Alright! I'm goin' vegan!', since this mindset would really keep me going at it, since I'd feel good that I was causing as little cruelty as possible, but when undergoing a gradual transition, I'm much more likely to slip up. I know that it's wierd to be like that, but my first two 'gradual' transitions into a veg diet failed miserably, but when I just decided to cut everything at once I suceeded.

However, I have to use a stealty and gradual transition in order to hide it from my parents (who think I'll drop dead the moment I go full-out vegan).

I eat a mostly vegan diet, since at home I cook for myself (always 100% vegan dishes), but when at friends houses, or while out I tend to eat non-vegan meals and snacks.  

DreamerSpirit

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:03 pm
Cool! There were some veggie types that I had never heard about before! biggrin  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff