Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
What books is you reading' son? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:28 am
Read All Over

I sometimes read Dean Koontz on a whim, since his books are always entertaining, but I find him kinda preachy lately. He also almost always has the exact same characters, and they all have the same sense of humor.

Most of his latest books are like that and it's kinda disappointing knowing how talented he is. That's why I've been looking for his older books, those that are out of print. He's still my number one favorite writer though.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 am
Ping of Death
Read All Over

I sometimes read Dean Koontz on a whim, since his books are always entertaining, but I find him kinda preachy lately. He also almost always has the exact same characters, and they all have the same sense of humor.

Most of his latest books are like that and it's kinda disappointing knowing how talented he is. That's why I've been looking for his older books, those that are out of print. He's still my number one favorite writer though.

Did you read Darkest Night of the Year or something like that? That's the one I thought was crazy preachy. I understand being an advocate for dogs, but sheesh.

he really is a great writer, those are just the two things that bother me. I think the recycled characters thing is kinda lazy imho, though he could just get "stuck" on certain personality types.  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 am
Read All Over
Ping of Death
Read All Over

Did you read Darkest Night of the Year or something like that? That's the one I thought was crazy preachy. I understand being an advocate for dogs, but sheesh.

he really is a great writer, those are just the two things that bother me. I think the recycled characters thing is kinda lazy imho, though he could just get "stuck" on certain personality types.
Oh yes. That book. I almost could not finish it. I guess he was really affected when his golden retriever died.

Yeah, his main characters are almost the same as those from the other books. I think old age is starting to show. lol. I hope his upcoming book is much better. Odd Thomas was good though, but I haven't finished the series yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:27 am
Currently about 10 pages into The Lies of Lock Lamora by Scott Lynch. I am intrigued and have heard good things about it. (Also, I picture little orphan Lock speaking in a British accent and I can't even deal).  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:21 am
Re-reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I need to obtain new books, I've read, and re-read everything we own, and I'm seriously bad about returning library books on time, so I don't bother with checking any out anymore. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:26 am
Currently re-reading (But not limited to)

The Plucker
Devils Rose
The Lost Child
Alice through the looking glass
Racing in the rain
The Stand
Piers Anthony endless series
Lord of the rings
Fade  

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

Sabin le Rose

Shameless Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am
I just finished Name of the Wind, and Wise Man's fear.
Some amazing fantasy that really pulled me completely and utterly into the world.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:39 am
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

but afterward 1Q84.

EDIT: oh wait I already posted here

uh

I'm also gonna read Freedom by Jonathan Franzen after 1Q84  

hornworts

Rare

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:58 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm reading some fan fiction right now. I've been engrossed in one for several days now. heart

The last 'book' I read was Jacyee Dugard story. That girl that was kidnapped for years, and was keep in a sickos backyard. I never read a memoir (sp) it was okay, lot of details left out but it was written with a real voice behind it. Like reading a post on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 am
Just started reading Warlock by Dean Koontz and the Elder Edda.  

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini.
Cept I forgot what happened in the other books...so I had to start all over at Eragon. gonk
I keep wanting to go re-read The Belgariad though, cause it's more interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:58 pm
Voievoda
Cept I forgot what happened in the other books...so I had to start all over at Eragon. gonk

You should just go the easy route and read the Elenium and the Tamuli. Same characters (pretty much), another glowing blue jewel, but only THREE books instead of 5 (or 6 was it?) XD  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Read All Over
Voievoda

You should just go the easy route and read the Elenium and the Tamuli. Same characters (pretty much), another glowing blue jewel, but only THREE books instead of 5 (or 6 was it?) XD

Oh? I had been avioding them, cause I thought they would have different characters. Totally going there now <33. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Voievoda
Read All Over
Voievoda

Oh? I had been avioding them, cause I thought they would have different characters. Totally going there now <33. Thanks!

well different characters, same personality types and senses of humor XD  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 pm
I just finished Furies of Calderon and some a*****e has the second book checked out at the library. Douchebag. I should put a hold on the third one before he can get it. Or, I can lay a trap. I'll find out what the book looks like, and I'll camp the spot, wait for them to come get it, and then ambush them.

For some reason, I always think about doing that when someone has a book I want at the library. Ambush and/or stalk them.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff