Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
Ask A Makeup Artist / Cosmetologist :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uisce a

Gracious Informer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:20 am
MissLuna88

Hello Uisce a blaugh ,
The best thing to do is use primer the the key to keep makeup on longer and look the same though the day my personal favs. are elf cosmetics and revlon primers. You put primer on before anything else and it keeps your makeup in place and looking great! Also if you are sweating though the day you can use a translusent powder ( just a little) on the areas you are having problems with to freshen anything that might be " comming out of place" . I hope that helps heart

Thanks so much MissLuna! I have school tomorrow so I'll try some of these tricks then. I'll get back to you on how well it works.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:05 pm
Is their any way to help repair spilt ends without getting your hair cut?  

AngelDaisy123

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Constant Munchies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 pm
Haii,
I've been using this "Garnier Fructis Flat iron perfector"
You spray it on to protect your hair from the heat, i only got it because i haven't had time to go to a salon to get a better product, this one makes my hair WAY too flat because it's layered.
Any suggestions of a product i could get to protect my hair from the heat of straighteners?
Thanks c:  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:07 pm
Hello!
Well, I have very oily skin and I've been using all sorts of face wash but nothing works! I've used proactive, neutrogena, off-brands, aveeno, I mean this is just from the top of my head but I've used so much and nothing works. I have a horrible acne problem it just won't go away sad Any suggestions? I mean I know it'll go away when it will but at the same time, hehe, just go away already!  

Ahava Chanita

Unbeatable Foe

Merriara

5,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:52 am
I have minor acne problems like any other teenager, but I'd like to find a good moisturizer. My skin is oily during the summer and normal during winter, but I'd like a good daytime and nighttime moisturizer. Do you have any suggestions? I've also been looking for something to reduce redness and faint acne scars that's not ridiculously expensive since I'll be a poor college student soon.

Oh, and what made you want to be a cosmetologist? Just curious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 pm
Hi there, this seems like an awesome thread! Sorry if you've already answered this question and I missed it, but I'm having trouble figuring out if I'm warm-toned or cool-toned. I know you can look at the color of your veins under natural light, or try on gold vs silver jewelry, but I can never seem to tell. Any tips? ^_^  

YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Peacocking

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:00 pm
....I want to wear makeup but in all my 16 years I've never put any on. Well, one time I tried eyeshadow but it got in my eye and BURNED. Anyway help!!! I'm soo confused. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:12 am
Hey! I was actually thinking on becoming a cosmetologist! I love make up, experimenting, I already cut my own hair and cosmeticness(new word I invented xD) has been in my entire life sooo yeah! But ANYWAYS onto my question!
How would you keep full side-swept bangs..well side swept?
I love the hair style, but my hair pin straight(I have to blow dry my bangs diagonally for them to sweep over) and its really fine so when I try to put some kind of product (hairspray/gel/wax) it ends up looking greasy! ..Frustration. I'm really getting tired of always having to move them away with my fingers, making my bangs greasy by then end of the day anyways!

Hopefully you can help in some way! D: and Thanks!

Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100

Siiyuan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 pm
omg yay!!!! biggrin

thank you for starting this thread emotion_bigheart

my asian hair is really really dry - like actual dry to the max from straightening and hair dye. I don't do that stuff to my hair anymore.
what are some d.i.y nourishing hair treatments? I heard that olive oil, eggs are really good for your hair - is that true? how would I use it?

Also, cause my hair gets oily pretty quickly (my skin too) so would it matter?
i also blowdry my hair after showers :C i konw it's really bad for my hair but i actually CANNOT STAND THE FEELING OF WET HAIR D: i hate it, feels so gros ahaha.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 pm
MonochromeRainbows x x
Hey! I was actually thinking on becoming a cosmetologist! I love make up, experimenting, I already cut my own hair and cosmeticness(new word I invented xD) has been in my entire life sooo yeah! But ANYWAYS onto my question!
I love the hair style, but my hair pin straight(I have to blow dry my bangs diagonally for them to sweep over) and its really fine so when I try to put some kind of product (hairspray/gel/wax) it ends up looking greasy! ..Frustration. I'm really getting tired of always having to move them away with my fingers, making my bangs greasy by then end of the day anyways!

i have the same issue. After i've blowdried it side ways so that it's swept nicely i spray it with hairspray - only the fringe. this helps it to stay in place.  

Siiyuan

Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 pm
P0cky_Panda
MonochromeRainbows x x

i have the same issue. After i've blowdried it side ways so that it's swept nicely i spray it with hairspray - only the fringe. this helps it to stay in place.

What kind of hairspray do you use? I haven't tried that many!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am
MonochromeRainbows x x
P0cky_Panda
MonochromeRainbows x x

I use one by treseme, the one with pink writing smile  

Siiyuan

Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:34 am
P0cky_Panda
MonochromeRainbows x x
P0cky_Panda
MonochromeRainbows x x

I use one by treseme, the one with pink writing smile

Okay! Thanks, I'll remember that!! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:47 am
Ok so i have pretty decent hair. But no matter what i do it always frizzes and its just so puffy sad I try to use hair cream or whatever i can but i hate how most hair creams make my hair all hard. Not to mention i have pretty thick and wavy hair, its short but still hard to make look good. Even if i get my hair layered it frizzes. Straightening my hair: forget it. Ilike wearing my hair down but its so complicated to neutral Please help!
And one more question if you dont mind: what colour eye shadow goes best with blue eyes? THANKS! wink  

xXyoung_n_lovelyXx

Alice WR Ashdown

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:41 am
MonochromeRainbows x x

I have that same problem >.<  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces