Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Alchemy II ~ (1/5) Open! (Nicholas Flamel) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:02 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Nicholas Flamel
╚══════════════╝

”Unfortunately, Nicholas Flamel and his wife, Perenelle, had both passed away shortly after the destruction of the Philosophers Stone in 1992. They had only enough Elixer of Life to sustain them through the end of the year. Voldemort hadn’t truly been defeated until Harry Potter’s seventh year of schooling, in 1999. Any effort in recreating the Philosphers Stone would have been subjected to the same ideal and would have proved too dangerous to continue…

“And to be honest, in their old age, it would have been unlikely that Nicholas Flamel would have been successful in creating another. He may have tried, but it would have taken his life, in the end, I would think.

Besides, the creation of the stone had been to prolong his life, not indefinitely, but long enouh for him to pursue and delve in any and every form of knowledge he wanted. He made the stone, but he never truly used it, other than to give himself time. I truly think Nicholas and Perenelle had had all the time that they wanted, and needed. In the end, they knew that death wasn’t an end of life, but a new beginning…..

“And that was a well thought question, Darius, that’ll be ten points to Slytherin for it.”

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:56 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Albus Dumbledore
╚══════════════╝

”Take out your notes, today, we will be learning about Albus Dumbledore.

“Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house. ”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius listened to the speech on Dumbledore. He raised his hand since he was one of the only few people in his class he did not need to look foolish for not knowing something."Sir did Albus Dumbledore do any other alchemical work other worth thing then help with the Philosopher’s Stone? That's all he's mentioned for but he must of done something else."

Darius asked wondering what else the man could have made.

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”Unfortunately, most of Dumbledore’s life was met with struggle and challenges. It wasn’t very often that the brilliant man would have had the chance to contribute more than he had. Picking up the pieces of the grief struck upon his family, time and time again, and having to aid in the efforts to Gellert Grindelwald when no one else could, and then Riddle, Dumbledore had to find the time for alchemy and his research, because it wasn’t very long after his graduation that he decided he was safest at Hogwarts and chose to teach.

“Among his contributions, aside from the philosophers stone and the twelve different uses of dragons blood, are his search and study of the deathly hallows and his elaborate theories and work with the Department of Mysteries on the subject of matters of the heart and the soul. He was an advocate man that believed in the merit of such, he spent most of his life trying to help others who could not be helped. So, no, Darius, other than obvious, there isn’t too much that Albus Dumbledore had done that is, at least, remarkably well known in comparison in the sole field of alchemy.

He did invent a nifty little device, the deluminator, had been known to create and modify spells, as he was the one who devised a method of communication through the use of a patronus. He’s versed in several languages, such as Gobbledegook, Mermish, and can recognize parseltongue. And is one of the few wizards able to conjure Gubraithian Fire, which is an everlasting fire that is very difficult to summon.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:35 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Third Lesson: Delbou Spell
╚══════════════╝

The professor entered the classroom hastily, his clock had ran several minutes late, thus, making the professor himself late, but not by too much. The Hispanic man carried himself diligently to the front of the classroom and examined each desk which contained a basin of murky brown water, and with a simple wave of his wand, the familiar script of Juan Angel Amorocho scribbled upon the board with instructions and information over a spell to be learned this class. ”Welcome back,

“Now, today, we’re going to learn the spell, delbou, which can purify any amount of water with impurities to make it drinkable, the amount, of course, is dependent upon the casters ability and spirit. Concentration is very important, along with pronunciation, say it with me, del-BUE, and remember, just a simple gesture as you point your wand at the target.. Now, turn to the basins of water at your desk and give it a go.”

The board
turn to page eleven in your textbooks.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:27 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Fourth Lesson: Mystic Potion
╚══════════════╝

Entering the classroom with long, swift strides, a callous and purposeful flick of his wand had led the instructions of a potion to appear on his chalkboard. He smiled mischeviously as he glanced at each of his students. "Good afternoon class, today, we're going to learn the Mystic Potion, a great diversion, and also a brilliant learning potion to exhibit patience and understanding in Galpolatt's laws and the different methods of brewing in alchemical history. This potion is most famous for its disruption of the Wizards' Council while Elfrida Clagg was Cheiftainess. She attempted the merge all creatures of wizarding kind that could speak the human tongue to Being status, and, when an uproar came about of the trolls, a dear friend of hers, Aubreyanna Mae, who made quite an impact on alchemy, quickly ended the sour meeting.

"Now, instead of turning this potion into me once you're done, I've set up an open area in the back of my classroom for you to test out your potions to see if it's been brewed correctly. We'll only be using the small vials for this, so the explosion will be minor, but, you'll be able to see which element will be easier for you to harness in magic."

Quote:
Turn to page seventeen in your textbook.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Nicholas Flamel
╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Angel. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:02 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy (Thursday: 9:00am to 9:45am)

David came into Alchemy right on time and took his seat. It was by far his favourite class and he was looking forward to being back in the class. Taking out his notebook he opened his ink and pulled out his quill to begin taking notes. Nicholas Flamel was a topic that was very interesting and David was glued to the subject as the class went on. It was more or less a review for him thanks to history class although he hadn't really been paying attention in that class. Maybe he'd be able to remember at least one topic thanks to Alchemy.

With: classmates

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 am
High dive into frozen waves
Where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain
It was worth it every time

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tobi just barely made it to class finding a seat towards the back and pulling out a parchment and quill to take quick notes. Learning about this blood-red stone which seemed to solve some of the greater anomalies of life seemed a bit too good to be true. So when he opened up for questions he threw his hand in the air. "Yea' umm, what exactly has ta happen ta get a stone like that? Cos I'm sure something like that doesn't happen from a specific wand movement and a random potion." Tobi frowned but was curious, not for superficial reasons but to understand what this man went through and why.
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

'Cause you are, the piece of me,
If our love, is tragedy,

I wish, I didn't need
Why are you my remedy?

Chasing, relentlessly,
If our love's, insanity,

Still fight and I don't know why
Why are you my clarity?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Nicholas Flamel/Second Lesson: Albus Dumbledore
╚══════════════╝

”Very good question, Mister Fallrein,” he nodded, and then he took a moment to pause and reflect on the best way to answer this. ”In truth, only Flamel and Dumbledore truly understand the rigorous efforts into creating such a stone. There are however, many different theories as to how this transpired. Many believe that the Flamel’s were cursed, because it seemed almost indefinite that the use of unicorns blood would at one point be necessary to administer, while others argue that if it never graces their lips in its purest form, as the silver blood and not the Elixar, than it would not affect it so. Some, however, are under the ideal that in order to create the stone; lives would have to be sacrificed. Historians believe it is genuinely through these sacrifices that are what creates the stone, not the potion or wandwork alone, no, but the price that’s to be paid for it. Unfortunately, Mister Fallrein, I have no correct or incorrect answer, because if the knowledge was that well known, then, well, I could probably show you the stone, then, couldn’t I?” He smiled. ”In any case, that’ll be ten points for Hufflepuff and I do hope that answers your question, because it appears we’re out of time for today. If you’re done with your notes, you’re free to go.”

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Next Lesson

”Take out your notes, today, we will be learning about Albus Dumbledore.

“Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house. ”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 pm
User Image

David walked into Alchemy and took his seat right away. Class had been interesting to say the least last week and he couldn't wait for the class to start. Taking his notes out he started taking notes on the subject of Albus Dumbledore. As he listened to Professor Angel David couldn't help wonder one thing what did he have to do with Alchemy. Sure he knew Nicholas Flamel and he looked after the Philosopher's Stone but after that he knew nothing else.

"Professor from what I understand Dumbledore was good friends with Nicolas Flamel and he helped keep the Philosopher's Stone from Voldemort by hiding it here at Hogwarts, but what exactly does he have to do with Alchemy? Did he work with Nicolas Flamel?" David asked curiously. It wasn't like Dumbledore really was given a whole lot of create for such things. He did much more important things during his life that it made sense.

Set Gryffindors apart;

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:33 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”He did indeed, Mister Clarisse. He, not only worked with Nicholas Flamel in alchemical pursuits, but had actually been the one to help him create the Philosophers Stone to begin with. Not only that, but it was Dumbledore who had, through his years of research, discovered the twelve uses of dragons blood.

“He was a man avid in the research of magic at its purity, and was well versed in the greater mysteries of the magical world. All of this knowledge had made him a brilliant dueler as well, and it was Albus who had defeated the first Dark Wizard, Gellert Grindelwald.”
He nodded eagerly, listing off every fact from the recesses of his memories. ”He was a brilliant man, truly. Even after his death, he had aided Mister Potter in his defeat against Voldemort, using a number of intricately clever machinations that were, in a sense, puzzles, meant for Potter and his friends to unravel during their hunt for the Deathly Hallows,

“Now, Mister Dumbledore’s advancements and contributions to alchemy are too many and some, too minute to truly name them all. But he’s left his mark on history as a great philosopher, a great duelist, a great alchemist, and a great man.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:26 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Third Lesson: Delbou Spell
╚══════════════╝

The professor entered the classroom hastily, his clock had ran several minutes late, thus, making the professor himself late, but not by too much. The Hispanic man carried himself diligently to the front of the classroom and examined each desk which contained a basin of murky brown water, and with a simple wave of his wand, the familiar script of Juan Angel Amorocho scribbled upon the board with the page number of the spell to be learned this class. ”Welcome back,

“Now, today, we’re going to learn the spell, delbou, which can purify any amount of water with impurities to make it drinkable, the amount, of course, is dependent upon the casters ability and spirit, which can, if concentrated effectively, distill the water to be one hundred percent pure, that is, however, quite difficult to do. Concentration is very important, along with pronunciation, say it with me, del-BUE, and remember, just a simple gesture as you point your wand at the target.. Now, turn to the basins of water at your desk and give it a go.”

The board
turn to page eleven in your textbooks.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 pm
User Image

David walked into alchemy and took a seat. He surprisingly beat the teacher to class that was unheard off. As Professor Angel came in he promptly opened his textbook and turned to page eleven like the board instructed. Turns out they were learning a spell today. David loved the days when they learned new spells.

Taking notes David got his wand out and placed on his desk. He took note that he had to concentrate during this class more so probably than usual. "Del-BUE." he pronounced along with his professor. Going over and over with it in his mind David got ready for the go head to purify the water that was on his desk. "Delbou." he said trying hard to block everything out else in the room as he pointed his wand at the basin of water. Looking at the water it cleared only a bit. Maybe he needed to try harder.

"Delbou," David tried again this time it looked much clearer, it wasn't brown and it was only a little bit cloudy like it came out of a really old tap. Maybe it was possible for David to concentrate on something other than just Quidditch.

Set Gryffindors apart;

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 am
User Image
Fourth Year Slytherin Pureblood Single

User Image

Feeling : Concentrated
Thoughts :
Doing : Casting a spell
Where : Alchemy Classroom
With : Fourth Years and the Professor

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

During the first two lessons in Alchemy, Serafina had done nothing but nod and write notes. Interested as she was, most of her questions had already been answered. And the other questions… well, let’s just say that they were out of the blue and are mostly out of topic. This time, though, their lesson is a spell. Spells in Alchemy had been proven useful to Sera even if it was just the Corrumpo and the Inveratus Spell. And, in future use, she hoped to… well, put it to good use. For maybe breaking secretly into a lair of dark wizards, for example.

Snapping out of her little reverie, Serafina joined the class as they pronounced the necessary spell. ”Del-BUE,” she chimed, trying to remember the sound of the spell. Turning to the basin of water, she took a step back and raised her wand of Silver Birch, pointing the tip directly to the container. del-BUE, del-BUE, she mentally chanted before finding herself comfortable. Then, she focused all her attention on the basin of water; only that. ”Delbou,” she first tried, swishing her wand and pointing if to the container again. Her result ended up like when you put your hand in the water then move it quickly from side to side. Not good enough. Her brown eyes gazed impassively on the basin before smoothly reciting the spell the second time and swishing her wand. ”Delbou.” This time, her voice was more commanding and concentrated. Seconds later, the water in the basin turned clear. Well, not clear as in entirely clear. But it was good enough. It may not be 100% pure, but the Slytherin found it enough.

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Out Of Cookies:

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas