Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Mad Tea Party (Guild Events)
The Great Hall - Congrats to Cat like thief 182!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who should be Wonderland's next leader?
Living_In_Song [Mome Raths Movement]
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
CharmerX [Upside-Down Party]
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Cat like thief 182 [Cheshire Anonymous]
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Azure Caterpillar [The Wonderland and Looking-Glass Insects]
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:57 pm
The Night Faery
Cat like thief 182
Username: Cat Like Thief 182
Party: Cheshire Anonymous.
Tagline: "Odd, but with a killer smile."
Speech: As a candidate for the next wonderland leader it is my pledge to you, be you short, tall, dreaming, or an ever changing combination of the three, that I will be not all there through the ever changing times. I will rally the troops and lead Wonderland down the right path to victory, as I myself, don't need a weather-vane to see which way the wind blows.
I vow to keep the imagination that our world was built on alive in every wonderlander and to keep every man, woman, child and hatter, from here to the 8th square, reaching for the sky, because nothing is impossible. So vote for me, so that we can be lead into the future by someone with the courage to keep dreaming.

Salutations, dear Cheshire! The debate questions have been posted as promised! They are on the front page. (:

Sorry I wasn't online yesterday, if I don't have them posted by tonight I'll have them up pretty early tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:16 pm
Q: First off, thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Now-- if elected winner of the Caucus Race, there will no doubt be a good deal of celebration in the streets. How do you intend to keep the revelry safe and legal?
A: Simple! Everyone will be seated in one of my many unbreakable life sized teacups!

Q: A great number of rabbits have complained about the lack of available transportation within Wonderland. What do you propose as a more efficient system to benefit the everyday working bunny?
A: I say everybunny should get hopping into one of my very new and affordable teacup saucer! They hover above the ground, go twice as fast as any catepillar with wings and the best part, they run on tea!

Q: Turning to a more serious subject, there has been considerable fear and anxiety over the current capital punishment laws-- beheadings for tardiness, beheadings for spilling tea, beheadings for wearing green shoes, &c. Please outline for us your plan to revise the legal system in this regard.
A: That's an easyone, everyone who is naughty will be told "you're being naughty! NOW STOP IT!" while more serious offenders will suffer a day without tea *gives a stern look*

Q: How do you feel you are equipped to deal with natural occurrences in Wonderland, i.e. the Great Tea Drought, or the time when all the birds turned into punch bowls?
A: *starts to cry* DO NOT REMIND ME OF THE GREAT TEA DROUGHT!!!! TT_______TT
*sniff sniff* Well I guess I'd have to say I'd make sure every citizen has a back up sluppy of tea! and as for the birds . . . . my research company is still working on that.

Q: I'm sure you are aware of the petition circulating to introduce actual croquet equipment instead of animals. Where do you stand on this issue?
A: I say if the animals don't mind it why change it? Otherwise I've been thinking of useing enlarged spoons as mallets and rubber teacakes as balls.

Q: What is your position on the controlled substances and activities, such as size-changing edibles and potables, mushrooms, and the use of hookahs?
A: Uh well . . . . . . . . . . I'd say those issues don't seem to have harmed anyone and therefore should be kept! Afterall, what if you need to be REALLLY small but have no means to shrink yourself? You couldn't do whatever small task it is you wanted to do.

Q: Do you support the rights of the non-face-cards (2 through 10)? Where do you place the Aces within the hierarchy, and do you support their equal rights as well?
A: I support the rights of all those poor non-face cards, but by nature the ace should be treated as a One . . . think about it, with out no ones everyone would have to start from two! But just because you're a one doesn't mean you're not important! Infact, you are just AS important.

Q: Many reports have been filed on mishaps during travel through pools, rabbit holes and looking-glasses, and several injuries have been recorded. How do you intend to improve safety of inter-world travel?
A: I say we send in a team of specialized cleaners to de-clutter those pathways! I've passed through them many of times, and while the thingerys are nice sometimes they pile up too much! And alot of them are lost-and-not-founds! It's really depressing actually crying

Q: What is your position on the use of tea-cakes as currency? Please keep in mind the rise in black market scones of recent years.
A: TEA CAKES AS CURRENCY?? You mean I've been eating my money o__O ?? Well that'll change! The change in change shall be . . . . TARTS!

Q: Finally, and perhaps most importantly, how do you intend to remedy the shortage of dreams that has plagued Wonderland for years, since the regime of the Queen?
A: You mean this isn't a dream right now? . . . . hmmmm . . . well then I'd say the best thing for that is Sweet-N-Sour-Tea-Cake-Surprise Warm Tea before bedtime!

Thank you so much for your time in answering these questions, and if there are any final comments you would like to add, please do so now.  

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:32 pm
Q: First off, thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Now-- if elected winner of the Caucus Race, there will no doubt be a good deal of celebration in the streets. How do you intend to keep the revelry safe and legal?
A: I will be supervising the rowdiest areas, (from the fourth to the eighth square obviously) and making sure that nothing get's too out of hand. I have also taken the time to personally speak to the Caterpillars about keeping the smoke from their hookahs out of the city square during election day.
Q: A great number of rabbits have complained about the lack of available transportation within Wonderland. What do you propose as a more efficient system to benefit the everyday working bunny?
A: I think a more efficient method of transportation would be for people to decide where they're going before they get there. I have people constantly asking me where to go, and destination should be decided before leaving the comfort of one's own teapot.
Q: Turning to a more serious subject, there has been considerable fear and anxiety over the current capital punishment laws-- beheadings for tardiness, beheadings for spilling tea, beheadings for wearing green shoes, &c. Please outline for us your plan to revise the legal system in this regard.
A: I think if more people would focus their studies to learning how to dissipate into thin air, (as certain wonderlanders of rank have mastered) that not only would our transportation be more effective (aside from occasional particle collisions) but it would solve the beheading problem. No need to make less beheadings, we just need to make the beheadings less serious.
Q: How do you feel you are equipped to deal with natural occurrences in Wonderland, i.e. the Great Tea Drought, or the time when all the birds turned into punch bowls?
A: I pride myself in my ability to think outside the mushroom, or in some cases my own brain. The Great Tea Drought, was absolutely terrible, but I think, should a tragedy like that occur again, we could use the time not drinking tea, to mend broken tea-cups wrecked by certain mad members of our Teapot Society Leaders, during a certain loud tea-party. Another method of mine is to solve the problem before it arises, it makes my morning naps much more productive.
Q: I'm sure you are aware of the petition circulating to introduce actual croquet equipment instead of animals. Where do you stand on this issue?
A: I feel that no one should pursue it further until they have a 5-cycle plan to deal with the hedgehogs and flamingos complaints about unemployment and removal from the queens court, that will undoubtedly occur once real croquet equipment is introduced. I also fear that real equipment may cause violent outbreaks, after all, croquet mallets are often used as Billy Clubs in certain outskirts of our world.
Q: What is your position on the controlled substances and activities, such as size-changing edibles and potables, mushrooms, and the use of hookahs?
A: Well, where would our Great Caterpillar council be without their hookahs? Also, how could we control these substances, as age is nothing more than a state of mind. I think if we had a rally, providing awareness of not leaving these substances around, it would leave visitors less likely to accidentally eat them.
Q: Do you support the rights of the non-face-cards (2 through 10)? Where do you place the Aces within the hierarchy, and do you support their equal rights as well?
A: I actually find the non-face cards to be much less conceded than the face card, (except Aces, whom I find delightful and place at the top of the hierarchy of course.),. I highly value all of them (though I have had my disputes with the 4's.)
Q: Many reports have been filed on mishaps during travel through pools, rabbit holes and looking-glasses, and several injuries have been recorded. How do you intend to improve safety of inter-world travel?
A: I think we should have the dear Knight and Tweedles teach a class on how to more efficiently travel through these riskier methods.
Q: What is your position on the use of tea-cakes as currency? Please keep in mind the rise in black market scones of recent years.
A: I find the currency quite pleasing, much better than the tea-leaf inflation crises a few years ago.... and as for the black market scones, perhaps if we promoted them black marketers confused would become less likely to sell the scones themselves.
Q: Finally, and perhaps most importantly, how do you intend to remedy the shortage of dreams that has plagued Wonderland for years, since the regime of the Queen?
A: I think that, since people visit our world, we could use this both ways. Frequenting in dreams of those in parallel universe, could promote visits to our land, and stability in our mortal-dream-power source.
Thank you so much for your time in answering these questions, and if there are any final comments you would like to add, please do so now.

Thank you for taking the time to read *Vanishes, except a smile*  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:55 pm
@Song: haha, thank you. xD I'm glad they were fun!

@Charmer & Cat: Very nice indeed! This will be a tough vote for many, I can tell....

Once Azure provides her responses, they shall all be going on the front page, and a new poll will be created so Wonderland can vote on its new leader!

The Night Faery
Captain

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm
The Night Faery
@Song: haha, thank you. xD I'm glad they were fun!

@Charmer & Cat: Very nice indeed! This will be a tough vote for many, I can tell....

Once Azure provides her responses, they shall all be going on the front page, and a new poll will be created so Wonderland can vote on its new leader!

Oh wow, I'm so excited. XD  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:35 pm
A: As long as there's hookah and tea I'm sure everyone will be happy.
A: A train. Looking-Glass Land has one. We shall build one for Wonderland.
A: Beheadings will no longer happen. Punishments for crime will be calculated on a number of matters depending on the serveity.
A: Very well equipped. We will have supplies supplied in much supply.
A: We do not agree on this. It is a Wonderland tradition. Besides... actual croquet equipment would have to be imported... and that gets expensive.
A: All will be legalized... and abundant.
A: We do support their rights. And Aces shall be placed above 2.
A: The inter-world portals will all be monitored daily. There will be restrictions on there use though.
A: Tea-cakes will no longer be offical currency. As stated, poetry will be introduced as the new curreceny of Wonderland.
A: Dreams are our own; they are imagination... with the aid of such wonderous substances abundent in Wonderland we can create more dreams... some even more bizare than before. After all our party has a lot of control over there 'altering' substances here.

Yes... who are you?

[[Sorry for taking ages to reply, I'm not on Gaia much atm.]]  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:16 pm
Excellent, thank you! I was starting to get worried there... but no worries now! (: I'll put all of the answers up on the front page and make an announcement shortly!  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm
ROCK THE VOTE!!!

(In an appropriately Wonderlandian fashion.)

(Also, would anyone like to dance?)

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:03 am
Rock the vote! Don't rock the vote baby! Rock the vote! Don't tip the vote over~!

...I'm pretty sure those are the lyrics. Pretty sure.

I just wanted to pop in and say everyone wrote awesome replies for this thing! I was in the stitches! <3

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 am
Didn't they?! I was laughing the whole time...though in a..."wow, they're good" sort of way...

I'll dance with you!

C:

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:37 am
Sorry I'm late on the dance party, but I would like to dance *dances*

Thank you to whomever it was who voted for me XD

I'll be honest I was more impressed with a lot of the other entries, everyone did so well. heart heart heart

Good job Charmer, you're in the lead. XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:39 am
Lady March Hare
Rock the vote! Don't rock the vote baby! Rock the vote! Don't tip the vote over~!

...I'm pretty sure those are the lyrics. Pretty sure.

I just wanted to pop in and say everyone wrote awesome replies for this thing! I was in the stitches! <3

Aw, well as one of the people who replied I'd like to thank you. Also, I think you're right about the lyrics.

I was really impressed reading everybody else entry. I wish I could have spent more time answering mine, but I answered during my finals week.....lol.  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Cat like thief 182
Aw, well as one of the people who replied I'd like to thank you. Also, I think you're right about the lyrics.

I was really impressed reading everybody else entry. I wish I could have spent more time answering mine, but I answered during my finals week.....lol.

Well, thank goodness about the lyrics!

Yeah, I'm really impressed. I love this contest idea so much. <3 Ah, and I hope you did well! I was going to enter as an evil villain, but I totally forgot. Because I'm, you know: lame. >_>;

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:26 pm
Lady March Hare
Cat like thief 182

Well, thank goodness about the lyrics!

Yeah, I'm really impressed. I love this contest idea so much. <3 Ah, and I hope you did well! I was going to enter as an evil villain, but I totally forgot. Because I'm, you know: lame. >_>;
I think you're awesome. XD  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points