Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!
Théâtre De Populaire{Accepting} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My lungs give out as I face the crowd
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous

She watched, trying and failing to do so quietly, as he came to. He was in bad shape. But something nagged at her mind. She looked up to the window. It was on the 2nd story. How could someone fall that high and not be more damaged? There was something there...why couldn't she think of it? He made a strangled sound. She realized he was trying to speak. She made a move to go closer to him, right before he scrambled away. Okay, so she was keeping her distance. And then, just like that, he was gone.

Kadi was a theater fanatic. She'd seen countless shows, including magic shows. But there wasn't a trick in the book that could create that kind of illusion. People didn't just disappear. They needed a box or a door to walk into. So why was she suddenly all alone? Again, there was that feeling. Like she was trying to put together a puzzle that was missing pieces. She looked up at the window, frowning. She realized she looked strange just sitting in the street. Her mother would scold her for attracting to much attention.
A memory hit her like a wrecking ball.

She was young, 6 or 7, sitting next to her mother. She could almost smell her perfume, see her smile, the twinkle in her eye...hear her soft voice as she spoke. "We are special creatures." She said with a smile. She always said it with a smile. Like it was a blessing. "But we are not the only ones." The smile ran away from her face. Kadi frowned in response. "There are others...others who are special. They don't get along with us." Kadi could hear herself answering in her high pitched child's voice. "But if they're special like us, why don't they like us?" Bianca simply stared at her for several moments. Finally, she sighed and spoke quietly. "I don't know, sweetheart. Maybe it's just in their blood. Maybe it's in our blood." It was the first time she'd heard her mother speak of their bloodline in a negative way. With a smile that was clearly forced, she tried to lighten the mood. "Whatever the case, I'm sure you'll never meet one of them. They're harder to find than we are." Kadi looked at her questioningly. "Who are they?" She asked. This time her mother answered without hesitation. "They're called the fae. You would know them as faeries."

The fae. Puck was....she couldn't even form the sentence. Growing up, it had been hard to come to grips with the fact that faeries were not only real, but human sized without wings...and an inborn distaste for sirens. She'd heard a lot about them. Their powers were mostly in deception. Subtle. Confusing. And she'd been talking to one. For all she knew, the entire theater was full of them. "As if I wasn't already screwed over." She muttered, leaning against the side of the building. Hiding from one man was one thing. But an entire theater? One that was supposed to be working in? She groaned. "Way to be Harper." She berated herself. "You've officially turned the bad to worse." What to do now? Go home and tell her father they had to leave right away? No. Even if she had any guarantee they wouldn't follow her, and she didn't, she couldn't uproot him like that. He'd given up so much for her, she didn't dare ask him for anything more. But what then? She let her head drop into her hands. There wasn't a single solution to be found.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 pm
II Jello II

((I figured it was time for a flashback of her mother. You want to know the funny thing? I could've gone on for longer. But I figured I got my point across.))  

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

finniii

Salty Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:26 pm
Овёґои'$ Jє$тєґ | Иaтцґє $pґїтё | $нґёщd Єlf |

ЯоЬїи Gооdfєllош ~ Pцcк

He stared at the ceiling, attempting to ignore the slow, gripping fiery pain of the healing. He laughed, a slightly strangled laugh, but a laugh all the same, the laugh somehow even then sounding like music, misunderstood, tragic music. He was practically delirious from the irony of the situation, plus the "hangover" effect didn't help. The burning was becoming greater, feeling as if it were to consume him, as if liquid fire ran in his veins. He knew it was about to end, and it did. It built up, until he couldn't bare it, but then it just died away. With the excruciating pain gone, he examined his ungloved hand like an unwanted intruder. "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves" he murmured, using Shakespeare to crowd out his more muddled thoughts. He remembered how just days ago, Shakespeare was all he would think about. He lived, breathed, and spoke Shakespeare. He sighed... the gentleman inside of him refused to leave the young woman hanging, but the fae blood commanded to let her let herself out. Puck rolled over in the bed, and decided that first, he would find his glove. With this, he stood, and made his way to the theatre, only a slight limp to hint at his earlier injuries.
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:28 pm
[[I 'unno what he should do... D: Back up plan: bring in the Uncle?]]
nefret2011
II Jello II

((I figured it was time for a flashback of her mother. You want to know the funny thing? I could've gone on for longer. But I figured I got my point across.))

finniii

Salty Genius

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Kadie paced in front of the theater. Caught between the rational fear of the fae and the irrational one that they would suddenly come sweeping out of the theater to attack her if she tried to leave. Breathe. She told herself firmly. Breathe. All this time she'd been sneaking into a theater filled with people who hated her kind. There was irony in that, but she wasn't in the mood to appreciate it. She stopped. She needed a plan. Whether they came after her or not (and she still hadn't decided how rational that fear was) it had to be only her. With any luck, maybe they'd get annoyed at her uncle trying to do the job they wanted to do and remove him from the situation. All in all, it was a pretty suckish silver lining, but it was the only one she could find at the moment. Two things she knew for sure. She could not mix her father up in this. A human murderer was one thing. This was completely other. The second was, she could not stay here. Puck probably already knew what she was. She needed to get out and soon. Her father wouldn't be getting home for several more hours. Long enough for her to get home, pack, leave a note, and be gone. But...be gone to where? She didn't have time to decide. With one last look at the theater, she turned and forced herself to walk at an even pace down the street. Please stay inside. She mentally begged. Please just stay inside long enough for me to leave. Of course, with her luck, she would turn around and find herself face to face with some sort of super faerie assassin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:35 pm
II Jello II
nefret2011
II Jello II

((Get him back outside and well go from there. You never know, she might just have a full blown panic attack. That could be fun to write... hehe twisted ))  

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

finniii

Salty Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 pm

ЯоЬїи Gооdfєllош ~ Pцcк

Glancing around the main theatre, a small frown tugged at his face. The glove... where could it be??? Puck starting to stress. If he couldn't find it in the next few hours... he pushed away that thought.A light breeze ruffled his hair. Breeze? There were no breezes in the theatre... He glanced to where the breeze had come from. The door where she had left was still open, thus the breeze. The glove must of been blown out when she left... huh. It lay tantalizingly out of reach from the doorway. He ran over to it, clutching his ungloved hand as if it was injured. His limp hindered his speed, a cringe on his face when he leaned on it too much. He reached the doorway, and his hair was quickly ruffled from a biker speeding past the doorway.Puck jumped back, alarm in his eyes. He had never been outside... It seemed so huge, the cloudy sky threatening him with it's height. The crowded streets with people pressing against each other, each shadow appearing sinister, the odd glances he was getting from the people passing by... Stiffening his resolute, he dashed out to his glove, but it started to fly away, caught in a wind. Puck caught it, and gave a quick breath of relief. He didn't even notice the weird glances he was getting from other people, or the rain sprinkling down, dampening his hair. A faint smile played on his lips. He fit the glove over his hand, feeling the familiar press of the leather. He wiggled his fingers, eyes seeming boyish with relief. He then noticed the rain, and jumped back, soft green eyes huge. The sky was leaking?! He reached out a hand to the rain, and watched with the same wonder as a small child would have, as the rain landed in his gloved palm. A smile spread on his face, and he laughed, his face holding a boyish grin. His face was alight with pleasure, the odd sensation of water wetting his flawless face. After the awe wore off, he noticed a pressing presence. He turned to where it was. She had her back to him, and she seemed to be hyperventilating. Squinting his eyes, he noticed it was Kadence. His love competed with his instincts, his love won. He walked up to her, and placed a hand on her shoulder, a bit of warmth radiating from his glove. "Are you okay?" He asked, eyebrows pulled together with worry. The past few events must have been a bit scary.... he thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:03 pm

She barely noticed the rain as she slumped down the alleyway. It fit her mood perfectly. She didn't even notice the footsteps coming up behind her, so focused was she on the miserable situation. When there was suddenly a hand on her shoulder, she jumped slightly. She turned around, taking a step back and stumbling slightly. "O...okay?" She stuttered. Why did he care about her welfare? Was he just being nice? There powers were mostly in deception. For all she knew this was some ploy to get her back into the theater. "Fine." She said curtly, eager to be away. Too bad she still didn't have a final destination in mind. Maybe she would just have to keep running. For her entire life. The thought made her head swim. She studied Puck for a moment, remembering how he had first looked to her. The beauty was still there, but now she noticed the alienness of it. It was practically perfection. She knew it was just due to his fae blood. All part of the deception. Her heart fluttered anyway. Oh stop it. She mentally ordered it. "I have to be going." Although the prospect of leaving was still looking unappealing.

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

finniii

Salty Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:55 pm

ЯоЬїи Gооdfєllош ~ Pцcк

"Oh..." he said, eyes looking as downcast as the sky. His gloved hand dropped to his side, and he suddenly seemed extremely interested in the cobblestones that lined the alley. His soft green eyes kept down, feeling his heart lurch while his blood cheered. "Okay..." he said, a frown pulling at his fine lips. He seemed so lost, out of place, rejected. Puck looked behind him, and his heart lurched even worse. He was completely lost, as the chase for his glove had led him away from the theatre. Plus, he had never been outside before in his life. He looked up at the sky, and finally felt completely dejected. "Why is the ceiling changing colors?" he murmured nervously, mostly to himself, as the sky began to darken. He glanced at Kadence, who seemed to think it was so normal. Puck felt even more rejected by looking at her, her beauty seeming so far away. He had heard the tone in her voice. It didn't take a mind reader. He began to step back, soaked hair sticking up in odd places and wet clothing sticking to his frame. He gave her one last sad glance, saving a picture of her in his mind. He murmured, "The theatre... the theatre... oh dear. I suppose if I wander, I must end up there sometime in the next year..." He started to turn around and walk away, but ended up slipping in a rapidly growing puddly from the dripping rain off of the side of the alley. He landed hard, a small splash going up. He sighed and put his head in his gloved palms, a long sigh escaping from between the leather coated gaps between fingers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:57 pm
[[Lol... I almost feel bad for him D:}]
nefret2011
II Jello II
nefret2011
II Jello II

((Get him back outside and well go from there. You never know, she might just have a full blown panic attack. That could be fun to write... hehe twisted ))

[[Orrr HE could have a full blown panick attack ;D ]]  

finniii

Salty Genius

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:23 am

"The ceiling?" Kadi glanced up. Did he mean the sky? Had he never been outside the theater? She watched him walk away. Just like that. When he suddenly fell, she didn't think about it. She simply walked over and bent down to help him out. "You don't get out much, do you?" She asked. It occured to her belatedly that this could be all a trick. She thought a moment, then opened up the siren part of her mind a bit. His song came through, quiet, but audible. Rejection mixed with wonder and a lot of fear. "You have to be careful." She said gently. His song wasn't that of a deciever or would-be murderer. It was the song of someone who had lived his entire life somewhere and couldn't understand anything or anyone outside it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 pm

ЯоЬїи Gооdfєllош ~ Pцcк

A bitter laugh escaped his thin lips, not meeting her eyes. "I guess you could say that." His eyes searched the cobblestones, as if searching for an answer between the wedged stones. A car sped by, and Puck's eyes widened with alarm. He jumped up and stumbled back, practically falling on Kadence. A blush started spreading across his high cheekbones, but his eyes glanced back to where the car had sped by. It seemed like a demon, metal teeth churning, legs rotating and splashing up water in it's path, a howl emanating from it's insides. His heart gave a hummingbird heartbeat, the alley seeming so small, the walls closing in. The ceiling seemed so far away, the drops coming infinitely, giving him vertigo as the water caught on his eyelashes. His heartbeat broke past 300 per minute and he felt like fleeing. His mint green eyes as soft as a feathers' pupils dilating and retracting. The blush drained from his face, along with the rest of the color. His damp hair seemed like an awkward halo, adding an innocent quirkiness to his alarm.

finniii

Salty Genius

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:03 pm

She tried to steady him as he nearly knocked her over. The driver of the vehicle, in true New York fashion, barely paid attention as he drove by. "Are you okay?" He was almost like a child. So completely unsure of where he was. Had he ever left the theater? Well this was the worst city for him to be wandering in. "You should go back inside." She said, glancing up at the sky. "The weather's taking a turn for the worse." And you have no idea what you're doing out here. Not that she could say that aloud, but the thought was till there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 pm
II Jello II
[[Lol... I almost feel bad for him D:}]
nefret2011
II Jello II
nefret2011
II Jello II

[[Orrr HE could have a full blown panick attack ;D ]]

((Awe, poor guy. So lost. So adorable. xd ))  

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games