Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
*Twisted Fairy Tale Contest* (WINNERS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sorren Mishima

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 pm
My Post for Jack and the Beanstalk, I was reading the contest when I was listening to "This is Halloween - Marylin Manson", and it just clicked in my head, so I thought this may be a theme good enough for a twisted Jack and the Beanstalk:
User Image
If you're wondering what's going on:
the Giant is dead depicted by the hand dropping down the sky with blood
The Golden Egg Layer Goose is hung dead
The Golden self-playing harp is hung at the end of the scythe
The Scenery is not all blue and family friendly cloudy
And lat but not least, Jack is Jack  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 pm
Here's my entry! Hope you like it!! Sleeping Beauty: the real story  

SuccMyMeme

Alien Abductee

7,275 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

booksandcoffee101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:22 pm
Here's mah entry biggrin Goldielocks's Revenge biggrin I think everything in the picture is pretty self explanatory except that she's wiping porridge off her face and if you cant see it her shirt says "JUST RITE" razz but I loooved doing this picture!!!! Thank you for having an awesome contest!!!
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:41 pm
anime459

I CRIED!!! you killed phillip XD I LURVE HIM!!!  

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:48 pm
Eeks. DX Ran outta time for my contest entry.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:04 pm
Lea Florens
Eeks. DX Ran outta time for my contest entry.

you still have one day left razz -thumbs up-  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 pm
anime459

ahhaha poor prince i mean oh know umm hes deadified xD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:44 pm
I will put my entry in tomorrow k??  

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:51 am
Today is the last day! Awesome entries, everyone!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:03 pm
Ha-ha Last entry is mine! (maybe?)
User Image
The Rose Bush
Maybe...The brother loves his half sister too much O_o even after her death.

- Color---6
- Creativity--6
- Effort---7
- Flow --5
- Background--3

total: 27 of 30

I gave you a 6 for color because the rose petals make the picture pop out more but other than that I dont think you used enough color, you left alot of white. I gave you a 6 for creativity, you did well with twisting this fairytale. I gave you a 7 for effort you did fairly well drawing it out but there are somethings that are off which i wil explain with flow. I gave you a 5 for flow because the girls head is kind of bulbouse and her face is long the same for the guys, you could practice on the lips, and look at some references for side views. I gave you a 3 for background because, there is barely anything in the background besides an almost unnoticable color and some rose petals. But you did a fair job. just keep practicing razz  

XDSuki

Dedicated Saint

7,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Einsamwulf

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:55 pm
My entry gonk this is what I get for trying to do everything the last minute...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:47 am
Can't wait to see who won!  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:07 pm
empress-luna
Full picture:
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/empressluna/DrawnByMe/CGArt/2af70042.jpg
W/o wording:
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/empressluna/DrawnByMe/CGArt/5337b795.jpg

- Color---8
- Creativity--7
- Effort---8
- Flow --6
- Background--4
Total-- 33 of 50

You surely did twist the gingerbread man.
I gave you 8 for color, you did a good job with the oven and you have the shining gleem of the metal in the right places and the fire is fiery . I ave you a 7 for creatvity because, this was creative. I like how you reversed the story, though i think you could have had the gingerbread man eating the people razz just a thought. I gave you an 8 for effort because it seems like you did put a lot of time and effort into it. Really good oven and i like how the woman is kinda like wtf.vvI gave you a 6 for flow. The reason is the girl in the oven her boobs look like their sort of lopsided, you could have put a little crease in the dress to show were its rounded a the end. and her backside of her look like its kind of blobbed. theres not really a definition with the indentation in her back. I gave you a 6 for background because it is kind of blaned. I think you could have spruced up the wall with more instead of a sort of white scribble all over it. Maybe some floral patterns or something.

Overal good job ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:28 pm
lightangel33
Here's mine. I drew it and colored it with colored pencils because I'm also going to use it as an idea for an art project for a class. The description's under the drawing, but I'll put it on here for everyone.

It's a demonic version of The Ugly Duckling.
The swan (I've always been told the ugly duckling was actually a swan) is beautiful in this tale but hates ugly things. When he hatched, he found his 'sibling' ducklings of yellowed feathers to be ugly and so he attacked and killed them since they weren't beautiful.
Sweet revenge for them calling him names in the original tale! XD

- Color-6
- Creativity-6
- Effort-7
- Flow-6
- Background-7

Total- 32

I gave you a 6 for color because its good overall but there is too much white showing. A tip, your coloring looks better if you color in one direction.
I gave you a 6 for creativity because the swan is eating all the ducklings. I gave you a 7 for effort, you did realy well on the tree and i like the duck skull on the ground. I gave you a 6 for flow. The reason is the swans neck is crooked and the wings look like they have lumps in it and the blood in the water could be a little more dispersed evenly, instead of the random pathches, the eye hanging out of the swans mouth is a nice touch though.
I gave you an 7 for background, you did fairly well. I like how the sun is setting. You could have had dead duckling or carcasess strewn across the hill. just a thought ^^  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:43 pm
cutewaque
User Image

I really dunno if its twisted... sweatdrop
Anyway, if u cant understand, its this...
Alice and the queen switched places 4laugh
its not good enough tough

- Color -7
- Creativity- 5
- Effort - 8
- Flow -7
- Background-8

Total- 35 of 50

I gave you a 7 for color overall you did well with filling up most of the paper with color, and the rainbow alice in wonderland twisted, it would have been nice for the characters to have a skin tone besides ghost white. i gave you a 5 for creativity. It wasn't really twisted, it was more like role reversal. When it comes to being twisted you could have had alice chopping off the queens head and have a thought bubble saying off with your head! You could have got more ideas if you have ever seen Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland. So it was more happy then it was twisted. a tip with contests like these evil=good good-evil. I gave you an 8 for effort because you have most of the proportions down, and it has a good depth of perspective, though I would work some more on drawing animals, like the cheschire cat. I gave you a 7 for flow because most things fit nicely together even the random batman razz that gave me a laugh. I gave you an 8 for background the lady flowers were nice and the castle. so good job ^^  
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff