Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Just a question... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonRich

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:18 am
I would be japanese! No doubt about it biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 am
Well, I'm actually Irish but if I was British, I'd love to be a Londoner. I love London and my guardian lives there too! I always wanted to come to Britain for my education. Britain has a high rate of students who achieve success because of A-Levels!!! I wan to get my A-Levels here and then either, go to London to study at university or go to Dublin with my family.  

Broken Keys

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:59 pm
French and Japanese.

And if not... ATLANTIAN!

Muwhaha...  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:22 am
Italian ^^  

Silver_Tinkerbell

Blurred Intelligence

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:06 pm
Italian, most definately not french!  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:20 pm
Swedish. I heart Sweden.  

Ph_ish

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:41 pm
Norse...Or Danish....Anywhere cold is good  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:04 pm
Sorry to bring this up again.
Longbow UK

They may not like it, but that doesn't change the truth. They lost the wars... why can they not accept that already?

...I don't particularly like being referred to as British either. I would rather simply be seen as English. But I can't squint my eyes, tap my feet together, and suddenly make the fact that I am British go away. lol

I don't like being called a European either, but I still am one. It's what's known as reality.

scream
The English went and killed our queen (Mary queen of Scots) which meant the next in line of succession was King James (I think the 6th). Your queen Elizabeth went and died so our King James got the English throne and became King James the 1st of England and King James the 6th of Scotland. He was king of Scotland first, then he became king of England afterwards.

Anyway the Romans managed to conquer you. They had to build a couple of walls to keep the Scots out.

Ok, I may be half Irish, quarter Swedish, quarter something British mixed but it doesnt stop me being completely Scottish. I was born in Scotland and have always lived here. It is my identity.

I know Im technically British but I dont always feel British. Im sure you know the stereotypes thread. The english and the british get the same stereotypes. Scotland gets different ones.

When many people refer to the British school system they are talking about the english system. Yours confuses me. I dont mind being British in the real sense, but so often British is thought of as english.

English is OK. The people are just nice as the ones up here. But it is still something you can get bullied about. (In primary school. Once we get to secondary its OK, at least where I live) Even having an English accent is enough.

Obviously I do feel reasonably British. At least enough to join the guild. I probably wouldnt have bother posting if you hadnt brought up that war thing.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:16 pm
ice_illusion
Longbow UK

They may not like it, but that doesn't change the truth. They lost the wars... why can they not accept that already?

...I don't particularly like being referred to as British either. I would rather simply be seen as English. But I can't squint my eyes, tap my feet together, and suddenly make the fact that I am British go away. lol

I don't like being called a European either, but I still am one. It's what's known as reality.

scream
The English went and killed our queen (Mary queen of Scots) which meant the next in line of succession was King James (I think the 6th). Your queen Elizabeth went and died so our King James got the English throne and became King James the 1st of England and King James the 6th of Scotland. He was king of Scotland first, then he became king of England afterwards.

Anyway the Romans managed to conquer you. They had to build a couple of walls to keep the Scots out.

A few things:

1) The scots kicked Mary out, that is how James got to the throne. She was trying to kill our queen, she died. Scotland joined England and Wales, Scottish parliament voted to disband itself, they all lived sourly ever after.

2)One wall, and Scotland was nearly uninhabited before the celtic refugees went there (the picts mainly living on the coast). Besides, it was not to keep them out, it was to regulate trade. AND most tribes in England just joined the Romans, there was very little resistance.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:43 pm
and_solo_said
ice_illusion
Longbow UK

scream

A few things:

1) The scots kicked Mary out, that is how James got to the throne. She was trying to kill our queen, she died. Scotland joined England and Wales, Scottish parliament voted to disband itself, they all lived sourly ever after.

2)One wall, and Scotland was nearly uninhabited before the celtic refugees went there (the picts mainly living on the coast). Besides, it was not to keep them out, it was to regulate trade. AND most tribes in England just joined the Romans, there was very little resistance.

1) The nobles. She was popular with the majority of Scots. This was because she was for non-discrimination. Anyway, Elizabeth had been promising money and sancturary for the traitors.
The Spanish thought Mary was in the right.
If you want more information try here. Its even an English site so it should be biased in your favour.

2) The Hadriane and the Antonine wall cut of the north. (one may be in England but it still cuts of the north.)  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:47 pm
ice_illusion
and_solo_said
ice_illusion
Longbow UK

scream

A few things:

1) The nobles. She was popular with the majority of Scots. This was because she was for non-discrimination. Anyway, Elizabeth had been promising money and sancturary for the traitors.
The Spanish thought Mary was in the right.
If you want more information try here. Its even an English site so it should be biased in your favour.

2) The Hadriane and the Antonine wall cut of the north. (one may be in England but it still cuts of the north.)

1) Yes, she had, but not to the ones who were traitorous against her. Besides, the Spanish were the Scot's allies, they were at war with England stare
3) The Antonine wall was first, then Hadrian's wall went out further (or was it the Antonine wall was built when they were retreating?). Either way, it was only ever one wall at a time

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:03 am
DragonRich

Me too, as it is my family suspect I think I am already. if not I would want to be fully Maltese (Im 1/4Maltese) Im not sure why but all of my Maltese relatives I have ever met were really nice.  

boy_no_13

TheLoneBassist46

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:24 am
boy_no_13
DragonRich

Me too, as it is my family suspect I think I am already. if not I would want to be fully Maltese (Im 1/4Maltese) Im not sure why but all of my Maltese relatives I have ever met were really nice.

I'm already half Japanese, but I want to be full japanese because that way I would be able to blend in better at my school... argh... life sucks... especially when people don't think you can speak a word of Japanese... even though you're going to a JAPANESE College!!! scream  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff