Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
The Sentence Story Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 pm
"What a show-off", Sir Oscar said, putting his armor down carefully next to the saddle.

Charlie stopped rolling for a moment and glared at Sir Oscar blowing a loud equine raspberry that caused Janet to fall to the ground laughing hysterically.

Janet rolled over in the grass and a small, shiney item fell from her pocket and landed on the moist green grass. It caught Charlies eye and he got up and wandered over to it, snuffling at it in curiosity drawing Sir Oscars attention.

Sir Oscar strode over to where Charlie was snuffling the grass and crouched down.

"Well now, what have we here?" he said, parting the grass to reveal a small, oddly shaped, silvery idol which he picked up and looked at closely.

"Janet?, I think I might have found what our little friend was after" Sir Oscar called out still turning the idol about in his fingers.

"Oh!, Janet exclaimed recognizing the idol in Sir Robin's fingers and patting her now empty pocket, "Uncle Max gave that to me the other day."

"Did he now," said Sir Oscar, "He should have really known better the old scavenger!"

"Why? What is it?" Janet replied looking a little closer at the idol.

"This my dear Janet, is a troll token. And not only that but a very special one that permits the person who possesses it to travel safely and without harassment or fear through troll territory and even into the troll kingdom itself!" said Sir Robin. "Under the treaty with the Troll King they're only given out to the leaders of the different races and tribes so that their messengers and envoys can make it through the wilderness without being beaten or eaten by any wandering troll." "Whoever, or whatever if you please, lost this would be very keen on recovering it." Sir Oscar said, handing the idol back to Janet so she could get a better look at it.

---------------------------------------

"Wow," Janet carefully held what she hadn't noticed its importance before, "now I have something that is really precious but I'm not sure it should belong to me. I'm not sure what Mama and Uncle wanted me to do. I'm just...just a little girl who couldn't even bake a pie without burning it!"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:46 pm
"What a show-off", Sir Oscar said, putting his armor down carefully next to the saddle.

Charlie stopped rolling for a moment and glared at Sir Oscar blowing a loud equine raspberry that caused Janet to fall to the ground laughing hysterically.

Janet rolled over in the grass and a small, shiney item fell from her pocket and landed on the moist green grass. It caught Charlies eye and he got up and wandered over to it, snuffling at it in curiosity drawing Sir Oscars attention.

Sir Oscar strode over to where Charlie was snuffling the grass and crouched down.

"Well now, what have we here?" he said, parting the grass to reveal a small, oddly shaped, silvery idol which he picked up and looked at closely.

"Janet?, I think I might have found what our little friend was after" Sir Oscar called out still turning the idol about in his fingers.

"Oh!, Janet exclaimed recognizing the idol in Sir Robin's fingers and patting her now empty pocket, "Uncle Max gave that to me the other day."

"Did he now," said Sir Oscar, "He should have really known better the old scavenger!"

"This my dear Janet, is a troll token. And not only that but a very special one that permits the person who possesses it to travel safely and without harassment or fear through troll territory and even into the troll kingdom itself!" said Sir Robin. "Under the treaty with the Troll King they're only given out to the leaders of the different races and tribes so that their messengers and envoys can make it through the wilderness without being beaten or eaten by any wandering troll." "Whoever, or whatever if you please, lost this would be very keen on recovering it." Sir Oscar said, handing the idol back to Janet so she could get a better look at it.

"Wow," Janet carefully held what she hadn't noticed its importance before, "now I have something that is really precious but I'm not sure it should belong to me. I'm not sure what Mama and Uncle wanted me to do. I'm just...just a little girl who couldn't even bake a pie without burning it!"
"You do that on purpose to get out of having to cook I'm sure," Sir Oscar said looking at Janet with a jaundiced eye, "and anyway I'm pretty sure your uncle didn't bother telling your mother about it at all for fear of getting a tongue lashing."  

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:19 am

"You do that on purpose to get out of having to cook I'm sure," Sir Oscar said looking at Janet with a jaundiced eye, "and anyway I'm pretty sure your uncle didn't bother telling your mother about it at all for fear of getting a tongue lashing."
"Yes, she can be a bit shrewish at times," Janet admitted "but I'm sure uncle didn't think any harm would come of this."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 am

"Yes, she can be a bit shrewish at times," Janet admitted "but I'm sure uncle didn't think any harm would come of this."
"You're being kind I'm sure Janet," said Sir Oscar, "but if she didn't have the ability to make men regret acting on impulse and actually think about what they were going to do, well then she wouldn't be much of a queen now would she?"  

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm

"You're being kind I'm sure Janet," said Sir Oscar, "but if she didn't have the ability to make men regret acting on impulse and actually think about what they were going to do, well then she wouldn't be much of a queen now would she?"
"And she's a much better queen than I am a princess," Janet responded looking not the least bit ashamed of being found outside the castle, alone in the woods, "not that you were going to say anything about that of course."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 pm

"This my dear Janet, is a troll token. And not only that but a very special one that permits the person who possesses it to travel safely and without harassment or fear through troll territory and even into the troll kingdom itself!" said Sir Robin, "Under the treaty with the Troll King they're only given out to the leaders of the different races and tribes so that their messengers and envoys can make it through the wilderness without being beaten or eaten by any wandering troll."

"Whoever, or whatever if you please, lost this would be very keen on recovering it." Sir Oscar said, handing the idol back to Janet so she could get a better look at it.

"Wow," said Janet as she carefully examined the idol, "I'm not sure what Mama and Uncle would want me to do, I'm just...just a little girl who couldn't even bake a pie without burning it!"

"You're being kind," said Sir Oscar, "but if she didn't have the ability to make men regret acting on impulse and actually think about what they were going to do, well then she wouldn't be much of a queen now would she?"

"And she's a much better queen than I am a princess," Janet responded looking not the least bit ashamed of being found outside the castle, alone in the woods, "not that you were going to say anything about that of course."

"Not a word your highness, not that it would have done any good, but you should consider the trouble you're causing your guards every time you manage to escape the castle," Sir Oscar said "and while you're thinking, I think our little friend is coming around, you might want to call Jazz back or he'll just faint again."  

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 pm

"This my dear Janet, is a troll token. And not only that but a very special one that permits the person who possesses it to travel safely and without harassment or fear through troll territory and even into the troll kingdom itself!" said Sir Robin, "Under the treaty with the Troll King they're only given out to the leaders of the different races and tribes so that their messengers and envoys can make it through the wilderness without being beaten or eaten by any wandering troll."

"Whoever, or whatever if you please, lost this would be very keen on recovering it." Sir Oscar said, handing the idol back to Janet so she could get a better look at it.

"Wow," said Janet as she carefully examined the idol, "I'm not sure what Mama and Uncle would want me to do, I'm just...just a little girl who couldn't even bake a pie without burning it!"

"You're being kind," said Sir Oscar, "but if she didn't have the ability to make men regret acting on impulse and actually think about what they were going to do, well then she wouldn't be much of a queen now would she?"

"Not a word your highness, not that it would have done any good, but you should consider the trouble you're causing your guards every time you manage to escape the castle," Sir Oscar said "and while you're thinking, I think our little friend is coming around, you might want to call Jazz back or he'll just faint again."
Janet knelt to the ground and pulled out the envelope urging Jazz to slither back inside.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Janet knelt to the ground and pulled out the envelope urging Jazz to slither back inside.
As if a magic spell had been lifted the Bandersnatch began to moan and move about in the grass.  

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:20 am

As if a magic spell had been lifted the Bandersnatch began to moan and move about in the grass.
Charlie began prancing dangerously, obviously upset!  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff