Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
Worst Anime Ending You've Ever Seen? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+Pepsi.Product.Orgasm+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:11 pm
Honestly, a lot of good manga themselves by being butchered through anime. I have watched these, but some of the manga I have read / skimmed through.

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicals - Ridiculous. (Didn't like the manga either. Skimmed through it.)

Negima - It was dumb, and honestly there was more to the story apparently. (Didn't read manga.)

Fruits Basket - They cut out a lot of scenes, apparently. (Skimmed through manga.)

Ouran High School Host Club - I am a HUGE fan of the manga. It was so wonderful, and had about 100 chapters going through Haruhi's growth with Tamaki and the other club members. The anime just caught a glimpse of it. It wasn't half bad, except for the point where they didn't see everything that happened beyond those episodes. I even liked the American voice actors. They suited each one's personality.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama or in the English subbed version, Maid-sama - I love the manga. Huge fan like Ouran. It's still continuing, but they ended it at a good part and it doesn't seem like they will continue with the way they ended it. I looked it up, and it doesn't seem that it's being pushed. Just left with unanswered questions.

Desert Punk - I love that series. Absolutely. I don't even bother to read the manga, but I was on the edge of my seat waiting for a second season.

I could go into a lot more detail, but yeah. Those are the main ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 am
Miss Misandrist
Toward the Terra had a good ending, but boy was it sad.

X's ending was disappointing. It's my favorite CLAMP series, so I was hoping the anime would have a great ending. I was let down.

I agree on every point you've made. The Toward the Terra epilogue made the ending more tolerable though, it helped me to stop sobbing momentarily.

I can't believe no one's mention the end of NGE so far. I mean, it even created a TV tropes page because it was so...urgh! In many ways I actually enjoyed aspects of the last two episodes, and I'm Kaworu fan all the way but honestly, the end of NGE was the most anticlimactic thing I've ever seen. Spoiler:Not to mention that even at the last moments of the anime everyone was still a giant puddle of Tang. Oh and then The End of Evangelion happens. (Spoilers ahead.) As much as I love NGE, the ending sometime makes me want to punch walls. Also, in every AU Kaworu dies. ALL OF THEM.

gaia_star Any and all spoilers have been put into white, and should need to be highlighted to be visable! gaia_star  

Yggdrasiln

Backwoods Backpacker

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 am
White Flag Idiot

This wasn't a bad ending but Princess Tutu, the ending made me want to know if Ahiru ever got to become human in the end, what abour her and Fakir?! gonk It just made me sad how it cut off.

User Image

THIS! They eluded to Ahiru and Fakir getting together, yet Ahiru returns to her duck form! (If you watch the ending credits, it shows that the town went back to normal and Ahiru is a duck sitting in a pond while Falkir is writing something.) HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK OUT! I mean, at least Mr. Cat got a happy ending.....

Oh, love your username~

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 am
Otawan
Miss Misandrist

X's ending was disappointing. It's my favorite CLAMP series, so I was hoping the anime would have a great ending. I was let down.

I agree on every point you've made. The Toward the Terra epilogue made the ending more tolerable though, it helped me to stop sobbing momentarily.

I can't believe no one's mention the end of NGE so far. I mean, it even created a TV tropes page because it was so...urgh! In many ways I actually enjoyed aspects of the last two episodes, and I'm Kaworu fan all the way but honestly, the end of NGE was the most anticlimactic thing I've ever seen. Spoiler:Not to mention that even at the last moments of the anime everyone was still a giant puddle of Tang. Oh and then The End of Evangelion happens. (Spoilers ahead.) As much as I love NGE, the ending sometime makes me want to punch walls. Also, in every AU Kaworu dies. ALL OF THEM.

gaia_star Any and all spoilers have been put into white, and should need to be highlighted to be visable! gaia_star

User Image

Actually, my friend told me that the creator of Evangelion got depressed towards the end, thus reflecting on what was going on. This is why they are redoing the whole series in 3 movies with some changes.

But yeah, I'm shocked you were the first one to mention it. All I could think was "what just happened?" when I watched it.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:13 am
User Image

One of the worst that wasn't listed was HunterxHunter. I can't recall if they're going back and making more, but this is the reason why a series should be near the end of a manga, make filler arcs, or go off on a different path (like FMA)! It left it off right in the middle of the manga series because the manga was in the middle of an arc when (if I remember correctly and my friend was right) the creator got sick, making it go on hold. So, they stopped the series at the arc right before the one they were working on. So, nothing got resolved!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 am
Rubai Sora
Otawan
Miss Misandrist

User Image

Actually, my friend told me that the creator of Evangelion got depressed towards the end, thus reflecting on what was going on. This is why they are redoing the whole series in 3 movies with some changes.

But yeah, I'm shocked you were the first one to mention it. All I could think was "what just happened?" when I watched it.

I've heard as much about him being suicidal and depressed as well, and I actually really enjoyed how Evangelion explored that self-exploration and reflection to try and break free from depression in the last two episodes. However the low-to-no budget animation or stick-people at the end of the series I think is a little un-related to his depression and deserves to be a point of its own as to why the ending of the Evangelion anime was very screwy.

I've only seen the first movie so far, and I know the third one comes out this month, but I've really enjoyed the changes I've seen so far. The ending should make sense this time around, they're actually explaining things. :3

I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to argue or anything here, I'm just elaborating further on why the ending personally frustrates me. Sometime I just need to rant about this anime.  

Yggdrasiln

Backwoods Backpacker

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am
Otawan

I've heard as much about him being suicidal and depressed as well, and I actually really enjoyed how Evangelion explored that self-exploration and reflection to try and break free from depression in the last two episodes. However the low-to-no budget animation or stick-people at the end of the series I think is a little un-related to his depression and deserves to be a point of its own as to why the ending of the Evangelion anime was very screwy.

I've only seen the first movie so far, and I know the third one comes out this month, but I've really enjoyed the changes I've seen so far. The ending should make sense this time around, they're actually explaining things. :3

I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to argue or anything here, I'm just elaborating further on why the ending personally frustrates me. Sometime I just need to rant about this anime.

User Image

Oh.... That's what you meant..... Yeah, I see what you mean about the ending being bad. The first time I saw the ending, I didn't get it. I did the second time. A lot of people hated the ending because it confused them. I've seen the first two movies as a double feature in a movie theater. We're just wondering if that theater is going to show the third one when it comes out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:44 am
I can't believe that no one mentioned Fushigi Yûgi, everything mentioned that I watch was so much better compared to that.  

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 pm
It's been like ten years and I'm still mad about the Digimon Adventure 02 epilogue. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm
+Pepsi.Product.Orgasm+

it's a given that ken akamatsu's stories will have bad endings because he writes trash and is a disgusting, trashy person. O:

for some dumb reason i read all of love hina when i was like 14 or 15? ugh. that whole series was a waste of everything ever, and it's ending was incredibly predictable and just plain stupid.

death note's ending was dumb.  

Miss Misandrist

Shameless Player

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Ren Nakora 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 pm
the ending to the Pumpkin Scissors anime.
It sets everything up for a second season, and the second season never happens. (as far as Ren knows.)
Otherwise, School Days, manga and anime. Ren cannot bring herself to read the VN's (School Days, Summer Days, Cross Days) because of it.

14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff