Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Disney's Alice in Wonderland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the movie?
  Yes of course!
  No.
  Its a bit strange...
  Why do you ask so many questions?
  I like gold.
View Results

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:20 pm
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

I liked Disney's version of him actually. Infact his introduction scene is utterly ridiculously awesome in a sense. Its like... "What the...?" Its not what you'd expect to see. But you have to feel sorry for the Rabbit in the house scene.

Also the pic's fine as is. ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:03 pm
Oh, good. *gives the pic a shiny gold star of approval*

I agree; I thought he was pretty well done for such a minor character. He got, what, 5 minutes of screen time? I especially love his character design... the little hat. <3 All animals should be required to wear little hats.... ahem. Of course, when I was little and first viewing this movie, I still had absolutely no idea what a caucus (sp?) race was. I think I thought it was some sort of special game in England that I just couldn't figure out how to play. ^_^;;;;;;;; And that the Dodo was like the conductor in those games...

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:12 pm

I know; I like his hat too. ^_^

Well I had no idea what a Caucus Race was either until I read the book. It just seemed like everyone running in a circle in the Disney movie. XD

Bill the Lizard didn't get much screen time either and he's also a great character.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 pm
I had the book when I was a kid, but the concept just flew completely over my head, haha. ^_^; I'm kinda ashamed to say it, but I only figured it out a few years ago when I got an anthology for both of the Alice books. ^_^;;;;;; Yeah, I know... I'm slow. @_@;

I know! Poor Bill, haha! It always stood out to me when I was little that Alice said 'poor Bill' when it was her fault he got rocketed up into the wild blue yonder in the first place. XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah; but in the Disney version she didn't mean to send him flying. Never the less you have to feel sorry for Bill; he just seemed to be minding his own business at first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:32 pm
Yeah, I guess so... but that didn't change how I felt. XD She could have, I dunno, at least made an effort to catch him or something... XD

Yeah... he was bullied into it! *nodnod*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:20 am

Yup... so indeed; poor Bill.

I suppose we should now talk about another character... how about the Flowers? They're pretty mean... though I like the little bud who said Alice was pretty; 'twas cute.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:38 pm
Haha, I thought the flowers were really cool. I think Disney did a really good job with portraying them as representative of society ladies; I remember I was always really impressed that one had a set of glasses or something.

And yeees... the adorable little rosebud! <3

I also really like the song they sang too; it was darn catchy!

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah their designs were really interesting though they're not talked about a lot.

The songs and music in the movie are great anyways; the cut songs are good too... though I've only heard a couple of them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:10 am

Just a mention; the 60th anniversary of the movie is next year; there's already been a trailer (or sneak peek) for the release, it might be on youtube... unsure; I haven't checked it out yet.

If you want the exact date; the movie first premiered in England on the 26th July 1951 and then on the 28th in the US. Disney isn't going to wait for July to release it though; the Blu-ray release will be on the 1st of February.

I could find a link to the boxart if you want.

Azure Caterpillar

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 pm
I've always loved the animated movie so much 3nodding it's probably the most common version to be shown to little kids (as had been done to me) and yet it's filled with so many old fashioned big phrases like "contrary wise". But aww, I felt kinda sorry for Alice in the house scene when nobody would listen to her xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:06 pm
Ooooh... I can't wait! <3 60 years... that's crazy. @__@

Yeah, Rem; the manner of speaking is so much fun to read over. ^_^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:50 am

Here's a link to the boxart.

I love the manner of speaking in the movie; all the terms that arn't used much anymore and such.

But then again there's a lot of unusual dialogue in the movie for back then too; after all its Wonderland.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Hmmm... people are voting... but not all of them are chatting... hmm; I haven't been on Gaia much recently though anyways.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:35 pm
Oooh... thanks for the link, Azure! It looks super interesting... I want to see all those extras, lol! I just got the Beauty and the Beast extended addition, and I think I'll make Alice the next goal in my collection. *pause for evil laughter*

Yeah, I guess so... what with all the riddles and verbal puns, which I would hope most people didn't use back in those days. Because if they did, one would have to constantly be on your toes. XD

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games