Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
***Please don't post in here*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which diet has been most effective for you?
  Atkin's diet
  South beach diet
  Weight Watchers
  Counting calories
  Good ol' fashioned hard work and strict exercise!
  Other.
View Results

United Paper People

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:46 am
Interesting tips. Very handy.

I think I know the feeling you're reffering to.
Do you mean that you felt strangely full, and hungry at once? Or that you couldn't decipher weather you were hungry or not?

Only because I had the same sort of strange feeling around dinner-time the other day. I'd had a bigger-than-usual lunch, and hadn't excercised at all that day, so I think I was a little confused. Haha.

What kind/size/weight weights do you use? And what do you recommend to people who haven't really done any weight-training at home before?

Have yet to try Mujaddara. Do you make it yourself?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:49 pm
I know that weird hungry/full feeling. It happens when I'm finished with my food, but want to keep eating because whatever I had was yummy and/or I'm craving something. It's one of those things that I've really had to work on.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:55 am
Munkers
I know that weird hungry/full feeling. It happens when I'm finished with my food, but want to keep eating because whatever I had was yummy and/or I'm craving something. It's one of those things that I've really had to work on.

Yea, that sounds about right. I'm so used to over eating, I have to break that.

As for the mujjadara, My mom made it, she used ground wheat instead of rice. And she said cumin is the super special secret ingredient that gives it it's awesome taste. When I find her secret stash of cookbook of awesome recipes, I'll post them here. XP  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:58 am
[ Day 23: Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
Egg veggie sandwich (1 over easy egg, light mozz cheese, 2 wheat slices and veggies consisting of olives, bell peppers, broccoli and cauliflower)

[ Lunch ]
Veggie burger made with a garden patty, lettuce, white bun, slice of yellow cheese, and more cooked veggies added inside (no mayo and no ketchup). 2 small baby corns (plain). All of this was bbq'ed. 

[ Dinner ]
1 salad with ranch (unfortunately, the ranch wasn't a fat-free or light ranch -_-) and 2 slices of veggie pizza

[ Exercise ]
Successfully completed week 1 day 2 of c25k!! YES!!!  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sunsway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 am
Congrats on your accomplishment with the C25 program! =D

Munkers

Perhaps you're just eating too fast so your brain isn't getting the message when your stomach is full? You could try eating slowly and conciously (actually paying attention to the taste, texture etc), and then wait 15 minutes/distract yourself if you're still feeling hungry when you're done.

A great way to make sure you don't overeat is only to eat at the table (not in front of the TV or in your room or anything). If it's not a part of your routine it would require some discipline though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:45 am
I eat pretty slow as it is though and I've been being real careful lately not to over eat. Although, sometimes I mess up and get a big serving of something, it's a hard habit to break, but definitely breakable.

I've noticed that on the days where I exercise and drink plenty of water, I have better food days. Otherwise, I always feel like I'm gaining weight or like I won't lose any weight for the week.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:35 am
[ Day 24: Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 ]

[ Late Breakfast ]
Veggie lasagna.

[Lunch ]
3 small pieces of cheesy garlic bread and a spinach salad with black sliced olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, and artichoke hearts with a vinaigrette dressing.

[Dinner ]
White rice, small tilapia filet, and veggies all mixed together.

[Late night snack ]
Small handfull of almonds and cashews.

[Just a rant ]
On the days that I don't exercise, I always feel like I'm gaining weight. Also, I had a pretty crappy food day. The garlic bread and salad didn't really bother me, they really were small peices, but the lasagna this morning.......very bad choice. gonk And I wish I can get more fruits in my diet....I need to go buy some more....but I only have $355.50 to my name right now....I'm so broke, I still need to pay $137 for classes, PLUS text books.....which is another $246.....so, I'll be short about $30. crying crying crying Thank god I get paid tomorrow, I'll just have to pay little by little. I have till December to pay this semester off....I think I'll use tomorrow paycheck to buy my text books. I don't want to spend all my money at once, I need to save as much as I can so I'll pay little by little.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:30 am
Sunsway
Perhaps you're just eating too fast so your brain isn't getting the message when your stomach is full? You could try eating slowly and conciously (actually paying attention to the taste, texture etc), and then wait 15 minutes/distract yourself if you're still feeling hungry when you're done.

A great way to make sure you don't overeat is only to eat at the table (not in front of the TV or in your room or anything). If it's not a part of your routine it would require some discipline though.

For me, my stomach/body is actually full and it's purely a mental thing of wanting just one more bite or craving chocolate even though I'm completely stuffed. I can identify my full signals, it's just still a bit of a struggle to actually act upon them.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:40 pm
[ Day 25: Thursday, August 5th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
1 egg veggie sandwich with 1 over easy egg, broccoli, red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, light mozzarella cheese and 2 slices of wheat bread. 

[ Afternoon snack ]
Small homemade salad, and half a piece of watermelon.

[ Lunch ]
Atkins protein bar.

[ Dinner ]
Half a tilapia filet with white rice and broccoli//cauliflower. Small glass of horchata.

[ Exercise ]
Successfully completed Week 1 Day 3 of C25K.

[ Tip of the day ]
Vinegar based dressings are fat burners!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:30 pm
User Image

[ Day 26: Friday, August 6th, 2010 ]

**I spent the day at the Fairgrounds today, so that would explain my crappy food day.**

[ Breakfast ]
1 over easy egg with mozzarella cheese, light veggies, and 2 wheat slices of bread.

[ Snack ]
Small handful of roasted almonds (from the fair).

[ Lunch ]
Spinach wrap, (from the fair) it was made with spinach tortilla, brown rice, pico de gallo, beans, spinach, tomatoes, and more veggies (don't remember which ones). It was a "Healthy Heart Choice"

[ Dinner ]
(finally came home) Turkey burger made with a turkey patty, wheat bun, light cheese, 2 slices of tomatoes, veggies (spinach, olives, broccoli, red bell peppers, and mushrooms), and some avocado. 1 normal size mug of green tea with 1.5 tsp of English toffee syrup (sugar free and 0 calories)

[ Exercise ]
Spent the day at the fair (lots of walking, at least 3 hours worth)

[ Tip of the Day ]
Stay consistent with exercising, don't be easily tempted when around many kinds of foods in one place.

[ Just a Rant ]
I feel like I over ate today. That spinach wrap from the fair was pretty big, I ate most of it instead of just eating half and saving the rest. And the turkey burger was HIGH in calories!! And I know.....it's not vegetarian gonk . The patty alone was 200 calories, the wheat bun was 200 calories, plus the black olives, cheese, and avocado was like another 200+ calories. crying . At least we walked a lot. We spent most of the day at the fair walking. I'm going back next week with my friends to ride the rides. heart AND! I FINALLY bought fruits! I now have bananas, strawberries, peaches, and apricots, so I will be resuming to my healthy fruit smoothies again tomorrow. I'm excited, I get to start week 2 of C25K.

Oh...and Monday is when I weigh myself....I feel like I gained weight...maybe it's just because I ate a super lot today, hopefully running tomorrow will help with this "fullness" feeling I have right now.

User Image

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:01 pm
Munkers
Sunsway

For me, my stomach/body is actually full and it's purely a mental thing of wanting just one more bite or craving chocolate even though I'm completely stuffed. I can identify my full signals, it's just still a bit of a struggle to actually act upon them.

That's how I've been lately, I need to get back on track of eating SMALL meals with snacks in between. gonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:30 am
Ah, I'm so jealous. Peaches and apricots tase like chemicals where I live, and they're imported and expensive kinda rare. D=

Have you tried 'walking off' that feeling of fullness? I think it goes away faster if you take a stroll rather than sitting around.  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:16 pm
Sunsway
Have you tried 'walking off' that feeling of fullness? I think it goes away faster if you take a stroll rather than sitting around.

Yes, usually, that's what I do when I feel like I have over eaten. But it was late and dark last night and I don't like walking alone at night and nobody wanted to join me. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:20 am
User Image

[ Day 27: Saturday, August 7th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
1 scrambled egg, 6 black olives (sliced), small portion of spinach, and 2 wheat tortillas (392 calories)

[ Lunch ]
1 small tilapia filet with rice. 1 banana milk smoothie (1 banana and 8oz of skim milk)

[ Dinner ]
Toppers. 1/2 veggie sandwich no mayo no Italian dressing with 4 small pepperoncinis on the side and light Dijon sauce. Large salad with Italian dressing (I didn't over stuff the salad)

[ Exercise ]
Week 2 day 1 of c25k ~Yay!~
User Image

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:52 pm
[
[ Day 28: Sunday, August 8th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
1 scrambled egg with broccoli and olives. 1 wheat tortilla. 1 banana strawberry smoothie (1 banana, 6 small strawberries, about 4 oz of skim milk, 8 oz of ice. 

[ Snack ]
1/2 a peach

[ Lunch ]
1 bbq'ed garden patty, 2 wheat slices of bread, small amount of extra  veggies (light "I can't believe it's not butter") with light ketchup. 2 BBQ baby corns (no butter). Small handful of veggie crackers. 

[ Dinner ]
Atkins protein bar (peanut butter choc bar)

[ Night time snack ]
6 ritz crackers with small amount of mozzarella cheese
]

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out