Submit

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:08 pm
well, either go with more knights, and hit faster than they shoot you (get some furies and screamers to chase off artillery crews), or invest in really big blocks of chaos warriors (20+) for resilience in wounds. Mounted marauders are always good thing as fast cavalry is in general. And if you want scary max power dice army, invest in marked chariots, best cost per power dice.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:21 am
Lozt_1
I finally got the new army book 3 days ago. I am still learning fantasy. But am an avid 40K player. I had 2 of the 6th ed starter sets and a battle for skull pass set to work with. A friend gave me all the other odds n ends. So this is the list I have formed from all that.

Orcs & Night GobZ

LORD

Orc great shaman 315
level 4
skull wand
best boss 'at
Waagh!! paint
'itty ring

HEROES

Orc Big Boss 114
lt armor
shield
Mortogs best basha
Amulet of protectyness

Night gob shaman 135
Lev 2
Staff of sneaky stealin

Night gob shaman 135
Lev 2
1 Mad cap shrooms
Staff of badum

CORE

30 Orc Boyz 180
full command

26 Big 'Unz 341
Additional choppa
Full command
Banner of butchery

20 arrers 150
full command

20 arrers 120

10 spider riders 160
full command

20 night gobz 150
full command
spears
2 fanatics

21 night gobz 154
full command
spears
2 fanatics

20 night gobz 130
full command
bows
2 fanatics

20 night gobz 105
full command
bows
1 fanatic

SPECIAL

Boar chariot 80

Boar chariot 80

Boar chariot 80

RARE

1 Troll 60
River type

Total 2489 91 footsloggers 3 chariots

I figure one of my shamans can stay with the troll. Put a chariot between my units to prevent attacks due to animosity. I know arrers are not that great; same goes for night gob archers. I have to many to let them lie in a box. So I figured who knows the stand and shoot might be handy also they can kill fanatics when they spin back at me. I figure use the night gobz as my forward line. Then as they flee my Orcs can push through them for the second wave. With the chariots coming in with them. It should be devestating.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Lozt

The only problem I cna see with so many goblins I'd fear half my army running away on me  

Professional Dead Person

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:45 am
I'd love to pop Shadowblade in the middle of this green horde, and release all the fanatics in random directions, not to mention possibly assassinating poor gobbo shaman lord...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:52 am
yo guys, i just joined the guild, but i have been playing 40k for years. Recently i wanted to start playing fantasy, but i dont know anything about the game or where to begin...any suggestions.  

SithDominus

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:34 am
SithDominus
yo guys, i just joined the guild, but i have been playing 40k for years. Recently i wanted to start playing fantasy, but i dont know anything about the game or where to begin...any suggestions.

Buy the rulebook, can't go wrong there.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:53 pm
SithDominus

Read the rulebook for Fantasy and talk to Staff members. Fantasy is quite different from 40K. Movement values, different unit formations, spells, more phases, etc.  

Drachyench

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:52 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
SithDominus

Read the rulebook for Fantasy and talk to Staff members. Fantasy is quite different from 40K. Movement values, different unit formations, spells, more phases, etc.

Not to mention it is made to be a little more difficult, which makes it more fun to play since you aren't being bothed with too many little kids.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:53 pm
Daemon_King

Not to mention it is made to be a little more difficult, which makes it more fun to play since you aren't being bothed with too many little kids.

I hear you on that, one of the reasons I stoped going to my local store. Too many kids. Though, this one kid actualy played, and quite well. I managed to only force a draw on him... But he was being tought by one of our local out riders.  

Ruric Torrune

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:37 pm
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

I hear you on that, one of the reasons I stoped going to my local store. Too many kids. Though, this one kid actualy played, and quite well. I managed to only force a draw on him... But he was being tought by one of our local out riders.

Ah, one of the very few that I can stand and could play a game of Warhammer with. I wish I ran into them more often than those lil kids that can be a real pain. I got a friend who knows that feeling too, all the lil kids seem to know him, and can't even play a good game.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 pm
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

Ah, one of the very few that I can stand and could play a game of Warhammer with. I wish I ran into them more often than those lil kids that can be a real pain. I got a friend who knows that feeling too, all the lil kids seem to know him, and can't even play a good game.

The ones that realy get me, are the ones that come in off the street. The ones that don't know anything about Warhammer. Standing at the edge of the table, asking a million questions, picking up your models(usualy breaking them...) then place them down where they don't belong. And if they're realy little kids, the asking from the parents shoulder, "Can I have that, can I have that, can I have that?" stressed So damn anoying. And the parents don't silence the kid.  

Ruric Torrune

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:10 pm
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

The ones that realy get me, are the ones that come in off the street. The ones that don't know anything about Warhammer. Standing at the edge of the table, asking a million questions, picking up your models(usualy breaking them...) then place them down where they don't belong. And if they're realy little kids, the asking from the parents shoulder, "Can I have that, can I have that, can I have that?" stressed So damn anoying. And the parents don't silence the kid.

Yeah I know, they have no respect for anything anymore. I had a kid one time I was gaming come up and start looking through my rulebook without asking, and when I go to check something I notice him. Well, I know he's a little kid so I say nicely, "Excuse me, can I have my book back I kinda need to take a look at it, if you want to look at it all you have to do is ask next time." He looks at me, scaried I'm going to eat or something, and gives me my rulebook and runs off. Not only that, but I've ask me constant nonstop question before too, but I always catch them before they start to go for my models.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:48 am
Here's my list. Mind I'm working with what I have. So far I've bought the batallion box and a couple skink heros. I have the Kroq Gar model I just don't have enough points to use an oldblood yet.

Here it goes.
Hero's
Skink chief (General)
-Light Armour
-Shield
-Belssing of Sotek
-Bane Head
-Burning Blade of Chotek
-Scouts

This is my hero killer, he stalks around with one of the skin units and wacks a couple heros heads in.

Skink Chief
-Light armour
-Staff of the Lost Sun

Long ranged support... Well long for a skink

Core
Skinks
-10 models strong
-Blowpipes
-Scouts
Two units of these.
They run up the board and harass the enemy, simple yet effective.

Special
Saurus Cavalry
-5 lizards strong
-Full command

Heavy cavalry, 'nough said.

Saurus Warriors
-20 Lizards
-Full Command
-Blessing of Quetzl
Two squads of these.
My main front. These can take a beating, and with the cold blooded rule, keep on fighting.

I've also got a skink priest model, however for simplicities sake I dropped it along with 4 skinks to make a 1196 point list. (Was 1200 but forgot to drop scouts cost.)
Tell me what you think and where I should go from here. I enjoy the solidness of the Warriors, and how much punishment they take befor breaking.
Once one squad of 20 managed to hold a stegadon, a squad of 3 saurus cavaly and 3 terradons for about 5 turns of combat. The steg hit the front, the terradons the turn after in the rear and then the cavalry into the side about two turns later. It took another turn of combat after that to finally wipe them off the board. It was awsome.  

Luminatus

Inenor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:01 am
Here's my army list.
*The Ziggurat of Dawn Defenders*( thinking of changing )

--Heros--

>Tenqtza of the Forest of Ash--Skar-Vet(General)
-Light Armor
-Scaly Skin (5+)
-Sheild
-Enchanted Sheild(5+)
-Burning Blade of Chotec
-Blessing of the Old Ones
-Blessing of Quetzl
(with all the math done he has a nice cusioning 1+ armor save smile )

>Gorkai of Hexoatl--Skink Cheif.
-Light armor(6+)
-Sheild(6+)
-Biting Blade
-Sheild of the Mirrored Pool

>Tenq-quet of the Ziggurat of Dawn-Skink Priest
-Diadiem Of Power(this is for 1496 army)
-Talasmin of protection
-Cloak of feathers(this is for 1491 army)

--Rare--

>Salamader Hunting pack (1)

--Special--

>Saurus Warriors (15)
-Blessing of Sotek (+1 attack on their charge)
-Spear
-Sheild
-Banner&Muse
-Spawning Champ

>Saurus Cavalry( 8 )
-Sheild
-Spear
-Banner&Muse

--Core--

>Saurus Warriors (13)
-Sheild
-Hand weapon
-Banner&Muse
(Tenqtza accompanies this squad)

>Skinks (3 squads of 10)
-Blowpipe

>Jungle swarm (x1)

and my list goes 1496/1491pending on the priest.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:01 pm
Ineor, you do know that you only buy the magical shield and not the mundane one? If you read it, it says "counts as normal shield but with X" wheather its an extra bit of armour save or a magical ability.

Just so you know, could save you a couple points.  

Luminatus

Inenor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:27 pm
ah, thankya kindly Luminatus  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items