Where did you get your name? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cursed Aesahaettr

Fashionable Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 pm
~ I don't particularly believe that there is any meaning that belongs to a family member. So while I have no family connection I do know the meaning of my first name. "Leilani" is Hawaiian in descent, meaning "heavenly child" or "heavenly flower". I prefer being called a flower. 8P It's derived from "Lani" which I believe would simply mean "heavenly".
I have a framed picture in my room with my name and it's meaning, along with general personality and life traits that match up perfectly with how I am. O-O Despite not having known it existed until last year. ~

My favorite line is how I'm "noted for his manners". Such a strict wife I'll be.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:37 am
I was named after my father's mother. I never even seen her because she died a year before I was born. She was a beautiful woman, and she meant a lot to my father. My mother understood how he felt and so they named me Elizabeth.

The original name was Elizavet, but that is Russian and I was born in New Zealand so my parents changed it so it would be easier for others to say. Another reason why they named me Elizabeth was because I had my grandmother's hazel eyes.  

Mallori_Cantare

Gem

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 pm
I was named after my father's mother. Her first name is my middle name and my first name is the "English version" of her middle name.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:56 pm
They said my name means "God's gift"
I think they look it up on a babies' names book or something  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 am
        My first name, Aminah, came from the baby book of strange names. My mother wanted something different and boy did she choose it.
        It means "loyal", "honest" and "faithful" which is perfect for me.
        My middle name, Ellen, came from a friend of my mother's who had recently died.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:21 am
I was named after Saint Clare, but my parents chose to name me 'Claire', the French variation of the name since it sounded more special. Strangely enough, I was born on the feast day of Saint Cecilia instead!

My Chinese name, "Wei Sim" was given to me by my late paternal great-uncle. It means "kind and loving heart."  

Blade of the Contessa

Unforgiving Duelist

Purtie

Obsessive Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:45 am
My mom always told me I was named after Larissa in Dr. Zhivago. But my dad said I was named after a waitress in a coffee shop.
My Uncle used to call me Larry to get under my skin.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 am
Mary is my first name, but I go by my second. My mother's first name is Mary, too, and she goes by her second name. I guess it's a family tradition or something.
Shannon is my middle name. It's Irish and means 'wise river'. My mother gave me that name for three reasons: she didn't like my father's choice (Colleen), it can't be shortened (her name is Virginia and she hated being called Gina), and when I was a baby I looked like Winston Churchill so she called me wise.
True story.

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:57 am
Hmmmm... I wouldn't know where my name came from. Though I think my mom might have mention something about being from Mexico but that's about it.
I usually think my mom might just randomly picked seeing as she actually admitted my half sister and I were mistakes so yea sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:23 am
I was named after my mothers mum. Although they don't have a very good relationship I do with both of them and in a sense have brought them together.
My names Eulalia, I usually shorten it to 'Lali' though. It's latin and means well/softly spoken, which is true. I'm quiet skittish by nature but adoring to those who I care for.
I think names have a lot of meaning/power behind them!  

taeu

Citizen

samarawyrmblood

Hilarious Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:07 pm
sophie i was named after my mothers best friend who killed herself at 13  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm
Honestly, a gem stone... (star sapphire)  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TrinkaTrinka

Sweetest Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:32 am
¤·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

My grandmother likes these flowers.

·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:02 am
Got my name after my parents watched the movie "Alice in Wonderland"
and tweaked it to become Alicia xd  

Alicia007

Beloved Exhibitionist

18,375 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150

Anaaaeu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 am
I got my name in the day I was born because I was supposed to be a boy (I was supposed to be called Daniel).
My mother wanted to call me Anuska but she couldn't so she ended up calling me Ana (from a name not allowed in my country to the most common name in it...).  
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff