Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

JTequila

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:24 am
HellsBitch
Caine1035
Because, amazingly enough, they've been making scientific breakthroughs with male pregnancies in Europe. So it may not be impossible after all.

They have? How d'you know?

Science magazines and the like. Look it up on the web.

Note: They are nowhere close to actually making it work, so don't worry you... phobes.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:39 am
Caine1035
HellsBitch
Caine1035
Because, amazingly enough, they've been making scientific breakthroughs with male pregnancies in Europe. So it may not be impossible after all.

They have? How d'you know?

Science magazines and the like. Look it up on the web.

Note: They are nowhere close to actually making it work, so don't worry you... phobes.

Something tells me I should convince my dad that getting the monthly science mag here in Denmark is a good idea... *walks over in her corner to plo... I mean think*  

HellsBitch

kimika56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:31 am
That's really interesting! I think that Europe is finally accepting the fact that there are males who are together and want to have kids that look like them, rather than adopting.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:49 pm
NOTICE: I just googled the whole "Male Pregnancies" thing, and this is what I came up with:

"Mr. Lee Mingwei will be the first human male to ever birth a baby from his own body."

This is an URBAN LEGEND. It is not true in any way, nor should it be taken as such.

Just want it known that it isn't a real fact, as many people could get sucked into the whole.. thing.. *shrug*

Here's the real truth on male pregnancies:

"Due to advances in modern medicine the concept is generally considered possible, but both the risks and the chances of success are still at foolhardy levels."

It's possible, but stupid. However, with the aid of magic ~_^... well.. y'know. ^^  

JTequila

hakyou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:53 pm
i saw a MPREG snape pic that was pretty funny, andmy girlfriend keeps telling me that remus is having sirius's baby, but i dont hink it sould be any more serious than a comic strip. fanfics are a little too much into it, if you ask me.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:20 am
hakyo
i saw a MPREG snape pic that was pretty funny, andmy girlfriend keeps telling me that remus is having sirius's baby, but i dont hink it sould be any more serious than a comic strip. fanfics are a little too much into it, if you ask me.

>.>...<.<... where is this picture you speak of?  

JTequila

Rainbeau Child

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:34 pm
I dissaprove of MPregs. There is a certain degree of placing gender roles on gay men that I will tolerate, but MPregs really go too far. They are men, men do not have babies, and that is that. With a good writer behind it, any story can be great (I recently read an amazing Harry/Dudley, although it was only out of loyalty to the author) but if you're a good writer, you're probably creative enough to come up with a reason for two men to get a baby. Maybe it's a demonic construct, maybe they found a dead pregnant lady in the street and saved her baby, maybe they adopted arrested/killed death eater's infant.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:12 am
i suppose the first time i read a Mpreg, it was one of the Weasley twins giving birth to a kitten - its ok! it wasnt the main plotline, just a little extra - in one of the stories by one of my favourite authors, Nonjon on fanfiction.net. about that time i started reading harry/draco fics. i things its amusing how authors try to come up with reasons why harry (cuz its always harry, if you've ever noticed) is pregnant. usually its cuz draco has some random magical animal blood in him passed down through the family (how it gets into the family is something i'm seriously worried about). i'm ok with Mpregs, i dont go out of my way to find them or anything, but if it's part of a good story its like, meh ok.  

Abbyabs

[Juice.Box.Whore]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:23 pm
I like mpreg. Its nice, and I do tend to go out of my way to look for it. Most Mpregs I find are either really fluffy, or really angsty, which is right up my ally.
It didn't take me long to like it. Sure, I thought it was slightly odd at first, but I'll read almost anything.
A male having a baby, or a male adopting one, I've always seen both possible in the Harry Potter universe, and never really saw a problem with either of them.
-shrug-
I also think that if you look at Remus in a David-Thewlis view, he'd have hips suited for childbirth.
But of course, this is only my opinion on things. I can't prove that it really is possible, but like I said, I don't see ways in a magical world of how it won't be possible...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:30 pm
I like Mpreg.

However, there is a lot of it that I hate.

I have certian expectations of stories that include it. I HATE, HATE, HATE stories where it's like: "They loved eachother SO MUCH that the magic allowed for a male pregnancy."
I hate that. So much. Basically, the author couldn't think of a legitimate reason to allow male pregnancy, and therefore opted to simply take the easy, garbage way out. D:

Males today, in real life, are actually able to carry a baby, as it would attatch the some of the pelvic tissue (or something like that) and survive. Getting the baby in there is the problem. Why would a guy put an egg in his belly?

ANYWAY! I'm rambling.

=D Yes. Male pregancy. Very good when legitimate. It can make a story's plot move faster, or something, or I dunno. =D It's good.

*runs away*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

JTequila

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:06 pm
.Prince Snivellus.

I have certian expectations of stories that include it. I HATE, HATE, HATE stories where it's like: "They loved eachother SO MUCH that the magic allowed for a male pregnancy."
I hate that. So much. Basically, the author couldn't think of a legitimate reason to allow male pregnancy, and therefore opted to simply take the easy, garbage way out. D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I definitely agree. I only allow the love thing to happen with lotr, and only with ak-stinger's work, because there's more to it then that.

I generally accept the following reasons for mpreg: Potions, spells, magical creature magic, or overall it having to do with the fact that wizards can actually get preggers.

Personally, with some stories, having the characters going through the symptoms of pregnancy are just too cute to resist. Like Harry with frizzy's Magnetic Attraction. God.. he's so cute, and moody, and craving, and feels crappy half the time. *grins like an idiot*

It's just.. so.. cute. *twitches*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:27 pm
i like it  

hilizzy265

forever01n02

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:37 pm
I've never gone out of my way to read it, but I don't mind reading it usually. Though someitmes it just overdone... The first time I ever read it, it was by complete accident coz the author didn't say MPREG but instead said MPreggy, so it never registered until I was like, woah~! I think that was Heero with GW though.... (that I think I minded XDDD)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:37 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Nachttoter

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:46 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers