Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
What do you think of a girl in a heavy metal band? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, whatever holiday you celebrate, just take the gold.
  Thanks!!
  You left out my holiday. *tear*
View Results

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:26 pm
i think if they are good at whatever they do in the band then yea go for it but if not then dont coz nobody likes suckish people girls or guys. also what about Joan jet and the black hearts thats a metal band and the lead singer is female also theres Lita ford i kno that she was mentioned but i like her music. there isnt alot of female metal singers that are well known so u go girl!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm
Heavy Metal may still be mainly male dominated, but it's not uncommon to see girls in the scene too. Personally, I think the best one's tend to add a touch of real sexiness to the genre that a band like Iron Maiden for example could never achieve.

So am I surprised to see a girl in the Heavy Metal culture, be it in a band or not?

No. It's about as natural as a girl playing soccer.  

StudioGilliam

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:28 pm
StudioGilliam
Heavy Metal may still be mainly male dominated, but it's not uncommon to see girls in the scene too. Personally, I think the best one's tend to add a touch of real sexiness to the genre that a band like Iron Maiden for example could never achieve.

So am I surprised to see a girl in the Heavy Metal culture, be it in a band or not?

No. It's about as natural as a girl playing soccer.

Which, by the way, is very natural.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:17 pm
I think its awesome that a girl is in a band, let alone a metal one. I myself play lead guitar in one and I think its great that females can shred just as good as guys if not better. Female in the metal genre have been rare but not uncommon, but I think guys are just as cool.  

X-xXxDaRkKaRmAxXx-X

xXxXxDaRkKaRmA13xXxXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:26 pm
that's hot  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:07 pm
MetalliChick13 XYZ
I think its awesome that a girl is in a band, let alone a metal one. I myself play lead guitar in one and I think its great that females can shred just as good as guys if not better. Female in the metal genre have been rare but not uncommon, but I think guys are just as cool.

i wanna hear  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

babystarkatt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm
I say more power too you. I'm the only chick and my band and we play metal. Actually they all agree they'd rather have me than any guy they know, and I'm sure your band mates think the same.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 pm
everytime i see this thread i wonder why everyone is still sexiest. gender should mean nothing, negating this thread.  

A B Up Start

XIX Eli XIX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm
apocalypse rider
i dont care. if the musician is talented what does it matter.

i agree!!  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces