Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Where Fat Cells Come to Die (30 lb loss) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much do YOU want to lose?
  < 10 pounds
  10-20 pounds
  20-30 pounds
  30-40 pounds
  40-50 pounds
  50-60 pounds
  60-70 pounds (like me!)
  70-80 pounds
  > 80 pounds
View Results

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:53 pm
Weight: 193.2 lbs
LOSS: -1.2 lbs

Exercise: 30 min. Curves workout

Lunch: 1 slice cheese pizza w/parmesan, salad w/ranch, cherry coke

Dinner: chicken w/parmesan and marinara, broccoli w/sesame dressing, water

Today my mom got all nostalgic and sappy due to impending grad school across the country, and she decided to go through some old photos. These included pictures from the summer when I took some college classes while still in high school - I was at my lowest weight. Not sure what it was exactly, but my high school weight was 160-165 lbs, and I lost weight that summer. Maybe 145-150. Holy crap, I looked great! I'd post pics, but they're on my mom's comp and I respect her privacy and will not snoop to get them.
I was so pissed at myself for letting temptation win. And back then, I thought I was fat too. But I wasn't - now I wasn't skinny either, but I had nice curves - more curve than now, that's for sure. Nice arms, too. Also, my hair was about three feet long. It was cut sophomore year of college, and I don't regret doing that but now I'd like hair that long again. s**t, I wish I had that picture! Things were going well until now, but this was a real wakeup call as to why I'm doing this, and how it will pay off. The goal is 130-135, but frankly I'll be looking ok at 150 lbs.
Also, I got my grades. A's for everything except tectonics, which was a B+. ******** you tectonics, I hate you too.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:04 pm
Tectonics sounds hard as hell anyway. D:<
I'll beat it up for you. >:

You should ask her for the picture next time you see her, I think having it to reference will be good motivation! (: I have some of me as well from my goal weight and I like them, makes me work hard because it's not impossible! THAT'S ME. Not some model, not some random person. I can do it 'cause I actually did it at one point. (: And you can, too! Above and beyond even, I say! <333

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:30 pm
@Stars: Thanks for the encouragement! Tectonics wasn't THAT difficult, but the grading policies sucked. At least it's over now.

Weight: 193.0 lbs
LOSS: -0.2 lbs

Lunch: baked potato w/lowfat cheese and ketchup, cranberry lemonade honestade, WW ice cream bar

Dinner: chicken and pasta w/marinara, parmesan and olive oil, veggies w/sesame dressing, WW ice cream bar, water

Another successful day, though I'm suspiciously full and satisfied. Usually when I don't feel kind of hungry in the evening, I gain weight the next day. However, this could just be water weight since it has been awhile since I gained from that.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for the graduation ceremony at my college. It's a three-day thing, though, and I haven't decided whether to take the computer. Although I consider it acceptable to spend a few flex points on special occasions, I will not go too overboard. There's a Subway and a fitness center within reach, so not too much damage should be done.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:59 am
Tectonics? Geology major?  

Tandahda
Crew

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:39 pm
@Seraphsody: Yes, although my focus is more in geophysics than in the geosciences (though I enjoy that too!)

Well, I handled myself deplorably over the weekend. The ceremony was not a fun experience in the least, and it reconfirmed why I'm happy to leave that school FOREVER. However, it was no excuse to bomb my diet - more flex points than allowed and no exercise. There were ample opportunities to stay completely within my points range, and I disregarded them. Tomorrow I'll see what the damage is on the scale.

Aside from that, though, I'd like to thank everyone here for being supportive, helpful, and kind throughout the weight loss process. If more people like you all existed, I think more overweight/obese people would be inspired to improve their lifestyle as well.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:20 pm
Weight: 196.4 lbs
GAIN: +3.4 lbs

Dinner: chicken w/parmesan and marinara, veggies, water

Snack: diet green tea, way too many Milky Way candy bars

I can lose weight quickly. I can also gain it quickly.
This shows what even a few days of slacking will do, and also indicates that I still need to set limits on flex points spending even for special occasions, the most obvious one being that I don't eat more than 35 allotted flex points. It's supposed to be a controlled treat, not an excuse to stop counting altogether. However, my mom said that weight gained very recently tends to come off faster than weight that's been there awhile, so we'll see if that's true.  

Euthanasia Phase

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:29 pm
Weight: 195.8 lbs
LOSS: -0.6 lbs

Exercise: 30 min. Curves workout, 30 min. fast walking on treadmill

Lunch: 6 inch turkey and ham Subway sandwich with cheese, veggies and chipotle, baked bbq chips, light lemonade

Dinner: chicken and pasta w/parmesan, olive oil and marinara, veggies w/sesame dressing, water

Snack: sugar free applesauce, chocolate WW cake (Gag. They changed it and I didn't notice until too late...)

Good news and bad news. The bad news is that last night, after finishing the journal, I gave into a chocolate craving and ate 1 big milky way bar and 5 little ones for a total of 9 extra points (time to edit yesterday's entry). The good news is that I did awesomely today and still managed to lose weight.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Maybe your body needed a metabolic boost?
If you eat the same number of calories every day your body gets used to it, I'd imagine it's the same way with points.
I did that and lost some weight... be careful you only let it happen one day though! I ended up going nuts for like 3 days >__<

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:39 pm
@Stars: That's entirely possible, though I'm not currently plateauing because my weight is still way out of balance due to there being a lot more to lose.

And my bad, I got into the chocolate yesterday AGAIN. I've got to curb chocolate cravings somehow, because other than that this diet isn't too difficult.

Weight yesterday: 194.6 lbs
LOSS: -1.2 lbs

Weight today: 194.2 lbs
LOSS: -0.4 lbs

(today's info)

Lunch: 6 inch Subway turkey sub w/cheese, bacon, veggies and chipotle, bbq chips, coke, light lemonade

Dinner: chicken wrap w/salsa, enchilada sauce and veggies, water  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:14 pm
Hysterisches Zyanid
Today my mom got all nostalgic and sappy due to impending grad school across the country, and she decided to go through some old photos. These included pictures from the summer when I took some college classes while still in high school - I was at my lowest weight. Not sure what it was exactly, but my high school weight was 160-165 lbs, and I lost weight that summer. Maybe 145-150. Holy crap, I looked great!

I feel like I'm reading about myself here. Looking back on pictures of me in high school--oh man. I know I was insecure back then, but I honestly looked good! I wish that I hadn't allowed my weight to get as high as it did, but I can't change that now. Just lose the weight and work toward a figure I can be happy about.

My trick for a chocolate is sugar free chocolate pudding or a Warm Delights mini. The pudding is worth a point and the mini is 3. Those are things that I pretty much always have on hand since I've got a definite sweet tooth. The Hershey's brand 100 calorie pack snacks are nice too. It's like a Twix minus the caramel and only 2 pts. (And you get two cookie stick things in a pack!)

I've realized that I always want to get multiple bites out of something. So, for me, the 100 cal things are more satisfying than just a square of chocolate because the square is gone faster. I've kinda learned to nibble and make them last, but it's still better when I can trick my brain into thinking I'm eating more than I really am.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:59 pm
@Munkers: It works both ways with the photos too - the geology dept. from college sent all the grads a powerpoint slideshow, and those photos were from my 200s days - a good reminder why something is being done about it. And thank you for the chocolate suggestions - I'll have to try those! Also, weight watchers ice cream cups are very good and usually 2 or 3 points.

Ok, missed a day. My family went out to dinner last night, something we do very rarely. Going by my rule that special occasion flex point spending is ok, I ate way more than I should have (lunch was very light to help compensate, though). That morning, I'd gained 0.6 lbs from water weight, so after dinner I sort of panicked and thought I'd be 200 lbs again because of the flex points. However, this morning I'd only gained 0.4 lbs, emphasizing that while occasional treats are ok, it's good that I no longer overeat on a regular basis.

Weight: 195.2 lbs
GAIN: +1.0 lbs (since last journal)

Exercise: 30 min. on treadmill

Lunch: homemade cheese pizza, sugar-free applesauce, cranberry lemonade honestade

Dinner: homemade chicken and broccoli pizza, banana, water

Snack: WW fudge brownie ice cream cup, diet green tea  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:28 pm
Weight: 195.0 lbs
LOSS: -0.2 lbs

Exercise: none

Dinner: bread w/apple preserves and chutney, broccoli, water

Snack: orange mango honestade, diet green tea  

Euthanasia Phase

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:38 pm
Weight: didn't check

Exercise: 30 min. on treadmill

Points: 25/26 (felt really bloated today and didn't want the last one)

Lunch: 6 inch double turkey sub w/cheese, bacon, veggies and chipotle, baked parmesan chips, light lemonade

Dinner: chicken w/parmesan, marinara and olive oil, veggies w/sesame dressing, water

Snack: WW fudge brownie ice cream cup

I'm noticing that the treadmill has gotten easier since first starting a few weeks ago, and am considering making it routine. Originally I would just use the treadmill while my dad lifted weights, but maybe it would be beneficial to add more cardio to my exercise routine. I'll still be going to Curves while I'm home as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:18 pm
Weight: 193.2 lbs
LOSS: -1.8 lbs (over two days)

Exercise: none

Lunch: pasta w/marinara, parmesan and olive oil, cranberry lemonade honestade

Dinner: pasta w/marinara, parmesan and olive oil, veggies, water

I've been stressing out lately about my grad school classes, even though it's kind of ridiculous to do so right now. It's been giving me insomnia - I didn't fall asleep until 4am last night and had to be up by 8am to go to the doctor's. A word of advice - don't wear pants that pinch your waist - your nerves will become very pissed off and cause unbearable itching, which will lead to bleeding, scabbing over, more itching, then infection. My pants don't pinch anymore after the weight loss, but the itching still continues and now I'm on antibiotics and allergy meds because the doctor seemed convinced I'm allergic to something in my clothes. Blech. I slept through mid-afternoon, which is when I usually go to Curves, and now feel like a lazy slob. Didn't even want all my points today, which doesn't happen too often.
At least the allergy meds will make me drowsy.  

Euthanasia Phase

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 pm
Do your pants have a buckle or a button of some sort? It's possible to be allergic to the metal in it and that could lead to all the irritation.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff