Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Flanderization of Light & Dark? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:17 pm
TeaDidikai
Yanueh
Tea, does the subject of eugenics make you uncomfortable because of the Nazis? If so, I'd like to point out that eugenics, in and of themselves, do not necessitate killing individuals to prevent them from passing their genetics on.
Actually most of my personal problems with the general field of Eugenics stems from the fact that while my aunt was drugged, they forced her to sign a slip of paper that enabled her doctors to pull her womb out of her body to "prevent the birth of more undesirables".

Silly me, I know.

Quote:

As in, how did instinct make the Germans kill thousand of Jews? Easy-peasy. Hitler felt the Jews were a threat to Germany, so in order to preserve the us-group, the Germans, he convinced the people that the them-group, the Jews, were out to get them.

For the Germans, it was simple self-preservation against the Jesus-killers and Christian-haters, the Jews.
Woot! I'm Jewish now. Ain't that just the s**t.

Love how bigotry becomes a morality under Subjective Morality.
Hey, it was my turn to be a Jew last week, it's your turn now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:20 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Now can you actually prove that they were a threat to Germans, or should you just start apologising to Tea really, really fast?
Dude. I'm really not in the mood to read Racist Apologetics.
Quote:

Might be a good time to point out her family wasn't killed for being Jewish.
Shush. Next thing you know someone might actually have to do research on German History and Genocide. We wouldn't want that now would we?  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Now can you actually prove that they were a threat to Germans, or should you just start apologising to Tea really, really fast?
Dude. I'm really not in the mood to read Racist Apologetics.
Quote:

Might be a good time to point out her family wasn't killed for being Jewish.
Shush. Next thing you know someone might actually have to do research on German History and Genocide. We wouldn't want that now would we?
Education is for closeminded people, duh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:25 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Nope. I only asked to convert once. They'll shoot me down at least two more times. wink

Quote:
gonk  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:27 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Nope. I only asked to convert once. They'll shoot me down at least two more times. wink
At least you're being called a Jew for something slightly more likely than just knowing the nature of Satan.

Quote:
Quote:
gonk
Yeah. Trade in your degrees now, or suffer being the meanest meaner in Meanerton.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:27 pm
*facepalm* Oh, duh. I knew Tea was Rroma. How did I forget that...?  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:32 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
At least you're being called a Jew for something slightly more likely than just knowing the nature of Satan.
Oops. Twice. I still have one strike.

Quote:
Yeah. Trade in your degrees now, or suffer being the meanest meaner in Meanerton.
I don't know. Stiff competition.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Quote:
Quote:
gonk

....wait, does this make me the nice guy of the forums? gonk  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:39 pm
Cyrus the Elder

....wait, does this make me the nice guy of the forums? gonk
Naw. You Win.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:41 pm
Anyhow, then, how does instinct lead to classifying a people as 'undesirable?'

Just as any social animal prefers the company of its own group (the us-group), we usually tend to prefer the company of our own. Strange, outside groups may be competitors for resources. If we don't know their ways, they're unpredictable, and at least in our imaginations, they could do anything.

If someone perceives that they are indeed a threat of some kind, (whether they really are or not) a natural reaction is to try to get rid of them in some way. Of course, one person doesn't stand a chance, so you've got to make sure the rest of the us-group understands that the them-group has to go. If you can paint them as sub-human, as a dangerous, degenerate animal, it's all the easier to get the lynch mob rampaging.

It all boils down to us vs. them.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:44 pm
Yanueh

Just as any social animal prefers the company of its own group (the us-group), we usually tend to prefer the company of our own. Strange, outside groups may be competitors for resources. If we don't know their ways, they're unpredictable, and at least in our imaginations, they could do anything.

If someone perceives that they are indeed a threat of some kind, (whether they really are or not) a natural reaction is to try to get rid of them in some way. Of course, one person doesn't stand a chance, so you've got to make sure the rest of the us-group understands that the them-group has to go. If you can paint them as sub-human, as a dangerous, degenerate animal, it's all the easier to get the lynch mob rampaging.

this stuck me as incredibly racist...

what was this all about again?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:46 pm
I was trying to demonstrate how simple instinct can influence peoples' morals and actions, for better or for worse. Simple psychology/anthropology.

And I'd like to know how that was racist. stare  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm
Yanueh
I was trying to demonstrate how simple instinct can influence peoples' morals and actions, for better or for worse.

And I'd like to know how that was racist. stare

it may have just been the way it read...

don't stare at me like that! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:51 pm
Yanueh

Of course, this really only works if the assumption is that humans aren't capable of rational examination of the situation.

Hence why applying it to morality is flawed.
Also, it completely fails to address the issues raised in regards to Morality, the abuse of power, the numerous forms of bigotry and applied Eugenics.

Quote:

Yep. Just like I said. Racist Apologetics being confused for Morality.

Fun fun.  

TeaDidikai

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:54 pm
It was considered a moral thing to do because they perceived themselves as the bastion of all that was right and good in the world, and that it was their sacred duty to wipe out all that was vile and nasty - which was very nearly everyone else.

But when you get down to it, it was nothing more than the us vs. them mentality gone out of control.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff