Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
What have you been listening to? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 am
I've been listening to "Soul Sister" by Train (I think...). It's catchy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:42 am
I've been listening to Mitternacht over and over again. It's so addictive despite being like 10 minutes long.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:37 pm
I hate extremely long songs, unless it's video game music. D: I get tired of like 7 minute songs really fast.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:48 pm
@Greevur- Same here, man. Especially because it all starts to blend together and I'm just like "WHAT"

@Darkly_Doomed- ... I would be interesting in hearing this, though. S-sob my interests are very obvious.

In terms of things I've been listening to... uh, yeeeaaa. This music video never gets old to me. Though I understand like... the first line of the chorus and that's it. orz  

fk12

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:50 pm
I've been listen to Rob Thomas' Her Diamonds (or something like that) and Mockingbird. And Aiden's Cry Little sister. And Pokemon the First movie Soundtrack....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:01 am
Grieverr
I hate extremely long songs, unless it's video game music. D: I get tired of like 7 minute songs really fast.

Yeah, but Mitternacht sounds like a 4 minute song repeating over and over again with slight variations rather than a 10 minute one.
It's so stupid/epic. I CAN'T STOP LISTENING. Here <3. I don't know how good the video is. I never really watch it. But it's the only one with the 10 minute song that I've found. The others have the 3 minute 53 second version and it just is different enough to not be as fun.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm
Lately, Mindless Self Indulgence's new EP '<3'

Right now: 'Uprising' by Muse heart

[<3]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:58 am
I've still been listening to Mitternacht endlessly. That, and some Son of Rust songs. I didn't see liking Electronica/whatever that genre is called music coming. I have kind of odd taste, in that I like a bit of a lot of different stuff.
There are only yay so many Mindless Self Indulgence songs that I like, and those I mostly hate myself for liking because their stuff is ugh. But Shut Me Up is so catchy. ><  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 am
Darkly_Doomed
There are only yay so many Mindless Self Indulgence songs that I like, and those I mostly hate myself for liking because their stuff is ugh. But Shut Me Up is so catchy. ><

e3e I dunno what you're talking about. There's only ~1 song per album that I'm not keen of when it comes to MSI. The rest of it is just lololluff heart

Right now: 'Flathead' by The Fratellis

[<3]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:17 am
Lately I've been listening to pop songs. Mainly Train and Katy Perry.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:34 am
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

e3e I dunno what you're talking about. There's only ~1 song per album that I'm not keen of when it comes to MSI. The rest of it is just lololluff heart

Right now: 'Flathead' by The Fratellis

[<3]

See, the thing with Mindless Self Indulgence is that it's Mindless. Truly. Listening to the lyrics, they somewhat make sense, but the amount of cursing and the pointlessness of them really makes it tough for me to stomach the fact that I like some of their songs.
I only like a few songs by most bands. There are a few bands that I enjoy a lot of their songs, but not too many.
Also, have you ever heard Mindless Self Indulgence live? I happened across a youtube video of them live and man, they sucked. Really bad. They obviously use a lot of editing for their songs since it sounded really different live.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 am
Darkly_Doomed

See, the thing with Mindless Self Indulgence is that it's Mindless. Truly. Listening to the lyrics, they somewhat make sense, but the amount of cursing and the pointlessness of them really makes it tough for me to stomach the fact that I like some of their songs.
I only like a few songs by most bands. There are a few bands that I enjoy a lot of their songs, but not too many.
Also, have you ever heard Mindless Self Indulgence live? I happened across a youtube video of them live and man, they sucked. Really bad. They obviously use a lot of editing for their songs since it sounded really different live.

:< That's part of the reason I like their music. I don't have to find any meanings when I listen to lyrics, it's just feeling & craziness <3 And even if there is a meaning, I'm too busy being an idiot bouncing along with the sound. That's why their songs cheer me up when I feel like complete crap.

:0 I'm the same with most bands, but that's mostly because I don't go looking for their other albums. Or I have and I'm only a fan of their first.

Yes, I've seen them live 2 or 3 times now :] And I even have live tracks. I love listening to the studio and live versions because I either want more or less synth. Or there are times when I forget they even have a guitarist/bassist so I listen to the live versions.
So yeah, they use editing - they're 'synthpunk.' But it doesn't mean they have to stick with it. That'd be boring :U

Right now: 'Endless Possiblity' by Jaret Reddick

[<3]

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:23 pm
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

:< That's part of the reason I like their music. I don't have to find any meanings when I listen to lyrics, it's just feeling & craziness <3 And even if there is a meaning, I'm too busy being an idiot bouncing along with the sound. That's why their songs cheer me up when I feel like complete crap.

:0 I'm the same with most bands, but that's mostly because I don't go looking for their other albums. Or I have and I'm only a fan of their first.

Yes, I've seen them live 2 or 3 times now :] And I even have live tracks. I love listening to the studio and live versions because I either want more or less synth. Or there are times when I forget they even have a guitarist/bassist so I listen to the live versions.
So yeah, they use editing - they're 'synthpunk.' But it doesn't mean they have to stick with it. That'd be boring :U

[<3]

I'm usually bothered when the live is too different from the recording. Makes me feel like they're faking it.
I usually try to memorize song lyrics because it's partially the lyrics that make me like a song. If I can hear the words and find the meaning, I don't want it to be a topic I'm less than comfortable with. Yet I listen.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:20 am
Darkly_Doomed
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

[<3]

I'm usually bothered when the live is too different from the recording. Makes me feel like they're faking it.
I usually try to memorize song lyrics because it's partially the lyrics that make me like a song. If I can hear the words and find the meaning, I don't want it to be a topic I'm less than comfortable with. Yet I listen.

To each their own. Personally, I'm sticking to instrumentals > lyrics after my Dir En Grey incident c':

Right Now: 'Monster High Fright Song'

[<3]

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 pm
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed
Animekitty13
Darkly_Doomed

[<3]

To each their own. Personally, I'm sticking to instrumentals > lyrics after my Dir En Grey incident c':

Right Now: 'Monster High Fright Song'

[<3]

It's a delicate balance for me.
Care to elaborate?
Jesus, nobody really posts anymore. This is getting really bad.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff