Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Authors to avoid?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Accurate?
  Yes.
  No.
  I'm not sure..
  I just want gold :)
View Results

Sivirs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:15 pm
Deoridhe
Sivirs
After that, if three or more of us tell Deo she already HAS an angelic sash, one will mystically appear in her inventory, so we can work on that next.

What do you mean NEXT? scream First, minion! FIRST!!!

heart

Okay, okay. Deo, you already have an angelic sash. Not only that, but you come from a long line of sooper sekrit womenfolk who have had angelic sashes.

...Is it starting to appear in your inventory yet?

(Yay for demonstrating faulty arguments through real-life examples heart )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:31 pm
Sivirs
Okay, okay. Deo, you already have an angelic sash. Not only that, but you come from a long line of sooper sekrit womenfolk who have had angelic sashes.

crying No, but I do now have 80K. 4laugh  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:18 am
Sivirs

Deo, not only do you have an angelic sash and come from a long line of sooper sekrit womynfolk who have had angelic sashes, they invented the angelic sash and you are the reincarnation of their first ever matriarch!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:29 am
Deoridhe
Sivirs
After that, if three or more of us tell Deo she already HAS an angelic sash, one will mystically appear in her inventory, so we can work on that next.

What do you mean NEXT? scream First, minion! FIRST!!!

heart
Deo has a beautiful angelic sash, and Sivirs is a millionair  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:14 pm
reagun ban
Deo, not only do you have an angelic sash and come from a long line of sooper sekrit womynfolk who have had angelic sashes, they invented the angelic sash and you are the reincarnation of their first ever matriarch!!!

And I'm a reincarnation of the Queen of Atlantis. That's VERY important!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:07 am
Deoridhe
reagun ban

And I'm a reincarnation of the Queen of Atlantis. That's VERY important!

Did I forget that? *re-reads post* DOH!  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:41 am
~Wonders how many people it would take to make her the Queen of Sheba~  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
TeaDidikai

215 1/8  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:52 am
reagun ban
TeaDidikai

215 1/8
We have enough in this guild.

Get started people! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:24 am
TeaDidikai
reagun ban
TeaDidikai

215 1/8
We have enough in this guild.

Get started people! scream

Eeek! Yes marm! *whimper*
Tea: You're the Queen of Sheba
Deo: You have an angelic sash and are the reincarnation of the Queen of Atlantis and the first ever matriarch of a long line of sooper sekret womynfolk who invented the angelic sash.
Sivirs: You're a millionaire.
And if enough people say so, I won't be ill any more!
Or even better: I no longer believe in fluffies. Therefore they do not exist. If everyone in this guild says they do not exist, they will not exist, and we will be free of the fluffy-bunny plague for ever!  

Pelta

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:00 am
First of all I want to say I'm sorry for some of the things I said. I was PMSing and having a really bad couple of days. I felt like you were attacking me. (not TeaDidikai, but some of the others were a little harsh). After talking to some of my witchy friends they corected me on my memory, and now i feel kinda dumb. redface I guss I was feeling defensiv and kinda pissed, and you guys just kinda got the brunt of it. So now i would like to corect some miscomseptions i made about myself.

Aperently i was told about the initiation thing. It was just at a time that I was just starting to get into Wicca and I hadn't decided if I wanted to do it. At the same time I was invited to join a acual coven, but I was 16 and a little worried about being with people and didn't join. I forgot about them....but they couldn't help my now becasue i found out they broke up last year. After a lot of thought i realized that i only started calling myself Wiccan becaue other people started calling me that. I was really uncomferable with being called Wiccan all through High School, and I was never Pagan, I was always a Witch. So please don't go and glote about how you "got the fluffy." I may never understand why initiation is so importatant to be a wiccan, but I know its impotant to others.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:07 am
Neko_Bast
So please don't go and glote about how you "got the fluffy."
if anything, some are just glad that they helped a person see the err, and then encourage them to study other aspects. some people, after hearing about what wicca really is (or at least, the outercourt) do actually make contact with a lineaged coven and find out wicca really was for them. others find out that they really don't like it and find another path.

Neko_Bast
I may never understand why initiation is so importatant to be a wiccan, but I know its impotant to others.
well, wicca is a mystery religion. much of their stuff is a mystery until they feel that 1. you can handle it, and 2. they trust you won't blow your oath out the window (sound right, reagun?). one really can't tell if what one is doing is actually wiccan related unless a wiccan tells them they are. only those initiated know the secrets. anyone claiming that there aren't any secrets is not a wiccan.

only a wiccan (or former) can tell you if your experiences/practices are actually wiccan.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 am
No worries, Neko. Being a part of any group that calls iitself non-fluffy (at least, this has been my experience here and also in places like LJ) is engaging in (and recovering from) "heated discussion." Consider it a "sacred flaming" to purge the fluff. xp As long as you're willing to learn from your mistakes, it's all good.

also I echo phoenix's point on Wicca as a mystery religion. that's why initiation is important. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:41 pm
The other folks got most of it.

See, the Mysteries are one part explanation and one part shared experience that brings a gnosis of faith to the members of the religion.

I'll give you a vague personal example. A friend of mine was dedicating to Odin via a very Ecstatic Norse ritual that was very shamanistic in nature. After fasting for weeks, and renting a cabin in the mountains, they drank a strong brew of spring water from a local sacred well and honey along with some fungi designed to further heighten her experience. Under the watchful eye of professionals, she was bound upside down on a tree and had a spear pierced her side, and a valknut was carved into her chest while individuals who invoked the Norns gave a fantastic reading of the Rune Poem and addressed her each in turn as Urdh, Verdandi and Skuld- each with unique and completely divine insights that were apart from the words of the individuals who invoked them.

Reading the Rune Poem and understanding the history and mythology of Odin is something people can find in any good Norse Mythology book. But the nature of that ritual, the magic evolved and the shared experience of that night changed the people who took part in it forever.

Now- this is open material. But if it were not- if it was a secret that no one outside of the Asatru knew- how might one go about being Asatru, if one could not have learned, grown and experienced both the intellectual learned aspects of the faith, along with the experience and spiritual insight and gnosis such a ritual brings? Furthermore- what the Norns actually said was not scripted. The Norns spoke to her- not the women who invoked them. This is a unique experience that is set within the context of the ritual. It was breath taking, powerful, moving and spiritual. It was not the design of those who invoked them, and it owes everything to the time, place and individuals present for being what it was- a revelation.

Or, if like Wicca- the Norse gods were secret gods- sure, we know that the Asatru have a Father God- but you do not know that the god's name is Odin. Sure, you know he is a Father god, but do you know he is master of the Cross Roads, the Keeper of the Gallows, the Leader of the Fallen Warriors, and of the Wild Hunt... the list goes on. What Outer Court Wiccans know about the Wiccan Lord and Lady is as much as you know about the gods Amari De and Alako right now. Almost nothing.

Which is fine. It's not your place to know them, because you haven't been initiated (or in the case of Amari De and Alako, you weren't raised by my Baba). Furthermore- I could tell you about Amari De and Alako, and you could gain some surface insights to them, but you wouldn't know them, you would know of them. You wouldn't have the experiences I have as I was raised by my Baba.

But let's say that you learned that the Asatru have a Father God, and you decided that you were called to him. And you wanted to bypass all the initiation stuff, and decided to evoke him in a ritual.

So you get all your supplies together, and you do whatever it is you do- say, cast a Circle, and you evoke "The Father God"- well, there is more than one Father God, and it isn't Odin who answers- not because what you did was flawed, but because it wasn't the proper way to evoke Odin, as Odin himself has said that anyone who wishes to evoke him must hop on one foot and pour mead upon the ground while toning the Elder Futhark at 2am on a Wednesday while moving in a clockwise circle. (He has a really bad sense of humor, doesn't he?). So you connect with a wonderful Father God, who takes you under his wing, and fulfills your spirituality in a way you could never have dreamed of- in a way Odin could never had done for you. Does that mean you are Asatru? No- but as you have no context, you do not know this until an Asatru comes up to you and says, "Well, actually, that isn't our Father God. Why? Because I know- how do I know? Well, because I am an AsatruR and I went through this secret ritual and we know for a fact that this is our god, and that you did not call him because you're not one of us and he doesn't keep secrets from us, his children."

Does that make more sense?
(Sorry it was so long winded sweatdrop )  

TeaDidikai

silvereyes321

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:51 pm
well, to me it depends on the person. i don't like silverravenwolf, where as others really do. i like scott cunningham, but not for all things either. one needs to trust what's in their gut and try new things, if something doesn't feel right to them, then, don't follow it. the main thing about wicca and such is that we don't follow just one aspect of it, we can follow many, no one is to tell us that we can't. just have faith in what you follow, and in yourself. blessed be.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff