Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
~тнє яσσм ву тнє ѕєα~ Artists wanted! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 am
The description's cool. I remade my avatar for the event a bit because of the items that I know have, here is the new version-
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 am
I updated the front page with the new avatars. I also nocticed that I probably could clean up the front page a lot, but that will probably be more of a spring-cleaning occurence.

Speaking of spring-cleaning, I thought that I would introduce our main fundraising idea! We plan on running a long-term item shop in the Marketplace forum called the "Shipwreck Sale" to tie into our theme. We would basically donate our items and pool them all together to sell them to benefit the room. We would probably have contests and witty pictures and what not to go along with the event. This is just one idea though. Go ahead and approve/disapprove it and we can go on from there.

Worst-case scenario, we just do a couple Booty Grab nights to make some quick cash. I hope to start figuring out prizes for each contest and hammer out some ideas for art. Paula, I'm going to PM you about some art that might need a bit later. That's all for now, though.  

Lectern
Crew

captains bootie

Hallowed Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:50 pm
awesome

If I can get photoshop on my laptop, I could possibly make some simple graphics, or gifs, if need be, Lectern.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:35 pm
I'm thinking that we would have pictures of what we're selling in between two pieces of a broken ship. We might also need simple banners and what not.  

Lectern
Crew

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:45 pm
Okay, sounds good.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:48 pm
We should compile a list of everything we can sell.  

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

Keya Teh Spazz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:24 pm
Just when I decided to start questing too [/snaps fingers]

I agree with Whim, we should compile a list of things we can sell, probally want a few sea-like items right? I dunno...
I'm looking over my items and the things I can bear to part with
[OH THE HORROR OF PARTING WITH MY ITEMS /insert sobbing]
is my Idiot Hair (14k), Nightfall Soriee (74k), 2 heartbreaker jackets (5k apiece), a Coal Tavern Wench Cincher (1K), Raido Jack Slippers (11k), Vampire Fangs (1k), Coral Staff (5k), Coral Edge (2k), Skeleton (10k), Black Yamanba wig (9k), Long Stem Red Rose (8k), and Nicolae's undies (50 gold) (for giggles). Prices are based on marketplace/store prices.

I tried to keep everything in the multi-k range (except for the underwear). Hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:14 pm
~ι ωαηт тσ вє α ƒιѕн ιη тнє ѕєα!~

Gaia Username: (Was: Hatter Shay) //now\ FAllen Melancholy
Role You Would Like: Thetis
Past Experiences: The 7th annual user ball planner in the Witches Tower, and originally a co-host
What You Have To Offer: I'm a writer with too much time and lots of ideas,
Other Commitments: Helping Team Envy if they need it, Two college classes, on is only philosophy so it's a breeze, and a part time job, yet I still have WAY too much time on my hands.
Why You Should Be Picked: I'm helpful, I've the time to work on this, and I was offered the position?

I'll post a tektek soon if I do have this.

MelancholyAria

6,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 pm
Shay, you do have the role. Welcome to the clan!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm
Yay! And my slight skitzo made me want to change my name, so I've something new, thanks Lectern so much!

User Image
My avi for the event, I've already got it almost around.

Edit:I've this avi completed  

MelancholyAria

6,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100

MelancholyAria

6,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 pm
Things I'm willing to donate for the Shipwreak Sale!

Royal Wizard - [56k]
Rock Puppy - [12k]
Little Match Girl - [18k]
Catastrophe! - [9k]

This is what I've right now at least.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:15 pm
I'll work on making a whole list of items soon. I'm also trying to scrap up some items myself, but I still need to raise the gold for my avatar >.< Speaking of avatars, can we have an update on where everyone is with purchasing their avatar?  

Lectern
Crew

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:50 pm
I have 8/10 items that I need for my avatar.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:53 pm
Lectern
I'll work on making a whole list of items soon. I'm also trying to scrap up some items myself, but I still need to raise the gold for my avatar >.< Speaking of avatars, can we have an update on where everyone is with purchasing their avatar?

Whatcha still need?

MelancholyAria

6,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 pm
I have enough gold for everything, it's just that it's in item form.  
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff