Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
So Ya Wanna... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 am
So basically if you can completely cleanse it and get rid of it, you're fine?
Want to make sure I'm on the same page.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:48 am
TeaDidikai

Yes, and so far all of my efforts and cleansing it haven't done enough.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:23 pm
AniMajor
TeaDidikai

What have your efforts been?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 pm
TeaDidikai
AniMajor
TeaDidikai

What have your efforts been?

Most of my efforts were about 5 years ago or so, and I learned all of my rituals in a vacuum, they're a little weird.

At first, I thought that if I just kept them for a while, they would lose their meaning, but that didn't work. Most of the time, just keeping it around and consciously repurposing it worked the best.

Next, I tried to cast a circle and flush it with energy, using a altered ritual from one of my friend's "Wiccan" books. I was working off the fact that since the owners of the knife and necklace were both "Wiccan", it would make sense to use a "Wiccan" ritual.

The last time I tried, I used the LBRP.

I really hoped they would've been thrown away in the move, but I found them at the bottom of a box of my stuff, because the people who packed it didn't know what they were. So, they've been sitting in a box for a while, and I know that when I move out, I'm going to have to get rid of them or they'll make their way back to me.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:43 pm
I would like to know about Qigong as a healing practice. What is the theory behind the practice? Who is it suitable for? Can anyone do it? What should I be aware of when searching for groups in my area that offer to teach it?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:54 pm
I would also like to learn how to use crystals in spellwork. I love crystals but I'm not entirely sure how to use them. Seems like people charge them with intent and then keep them around until they manifest...or something...I'm not quite sure how that works? sweatdrop  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 pm
Bastemhet
I would like to know about Qigong as a healing practice. What is the theory behind the practice? Who is it suitable for? Can anyone do it? What should I be aware of when searching for groups in my area that offer to teach it?
Before we go any further- are you looking to explore it as a metaphysical practice or a health practice?

Bastemhet
I would also like to learn how to use crystals in spellwork. I love crystals but I'm not entirely sure how to use them. Seems like people charge them with intent and then keep them around until they manifest...or something...I'm not quite sure how that works? sweatdrop

This is one of those situations which vary from tradition to tradition.
If you could explain which tradition or describe a specific practice, there might be more direction for commentary.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 am
demisara

I had a similar issue until I discovered Kegel exercises. Ohmygoodness. I thought I knew my anatomy pretty well, but once I figured out that my PC muscles existed and were voluntary...well damn. Thank you yoga class.

Ahhh Kegels...best things to do at stoplights.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 am
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
Before we go any further- are you looking to explore it as a metaphysical practice or a health practice?

Is it possible to use it for both? I'm thinking the former to achieve the latter.

Quote:
Bastemhet

This is one of those situations which vary from tradition to tradition.
If you could explain which tradition or describe a specific practice, there might be more direction for commentary.

I'm pretty ignorant of what kinds of practices there are out there. It would be nice to work from a Kemetic tradition. I haven't seen much on use of stones except for amulets, and I'm not exactly sure what stones corresponded with what meanings (except for this stone is sacred to x deity, etc.). I don't know if the amulets were powerful just because of the stone used, or because they were infused with magic simply as a vessel. I'm currently reading something on Egyptian magic but he hasn't approached the topic of stones yet (if at all).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 am
Bastemhet
Is it possible to use it for both? I'm thinking the former to achieve the latter.
Yep.
There wasn't a "right" answer to the question- merely a point of reference. Kinda like how I would use a similar question to figure out which Reiki tradition I would start by attuning someone into.

Finding a Qigong Master is a bit like finding someone who practices Reiki to attune you, or any other similar process. There are a lot of things mislabeled as Qigong for similar reasons there are things mislabeled as Wica or Reiki etc.

My friend recommends using NQA as a resource. He's a member and has been practicing for about twenty years. He isn't a Master. He doesn't pretend to be such. He just has had good luck using the Association to cross reference credentials and the like.

A Master will likely have a background in what in the US is called Traditional Oriental Medicine.

Quote:

I'm pretty ignorant of what kinds of practices there are out there. It would be nice to work from a Kemetic tradition. I haven't seen much on use of stones except for amulets, and I'm not exactly sure what stones corresponded with what meanings (except for this stone is sacred to x deity, etc.). I don't know if the amulets were powerful just because of the stone used, or because they were infused with magic simply as a vessel. I'm currently reading something on Egyptian magic but he hasn't approached the topic of stones yet (if at all).

I'm afraid I'm personally out of my depth when it comes to Kemetic practice.

My suspicion is that anything you find directly relating to Kemetic tradition and stones within spiritual practices will be in the form of applied example and not cosmological explanation.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
Yep.
There wasn't a "right" answer to the question- merely a point of reference. Kinda like how I would use a similar question to figure out which Reiki tradition I would start by attuning someone into.

Finding a Qigong Master is a bit like finding someone who practices Reiki to attune you, or any other similar process. There are a lot of things mislabeled as Qigong for similar reasons there are things mislabeled as Wica or Reiki etc.

My friend recommends using NQA as a resource. He's a member and has been practicing for about twenty years. He isn't a Master. He doesn't pretend to be such. He just has had good luck using the Association to cross reference credentials and the like.

A Master will likely have a background in what in the US is called Traditional Oriental Medicine.

Thanks. I figured it would be a similar process to finding a Reiki Master.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm afraid I'm personally out of my depth when it comes to Kemetic practice.

My suspicion is that anything you find directly relating to Kemetic tradition and stones within spiritual practices will be in the form of applied example and not cosmological explanation.

I figured as much...I guess what I could do is apply color meanings which I have a bit of info on to the stones themselves, but the feeling I get from stones doesn't really have anything to do with their color (at least not that I know of). Can you recommend or edumacate me on what other systems there are so I can see if they're compatible to a Kemetic practice?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:11 pm
Hm I have one.
I want to become a professional Tarot reader but am wondering if getting ATA (American Tarot Association) certified would be required/or make a difference. Would it?  

CilverCyanide

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 pm
CilverCyanide
Hm I have one.
I want to become a professional Tarot reader but am wondering if getting ATA (American Tarot Association) certified would be required/or make a difference. Would it?

When you say Professional, what are you looking at doing exactly.
Do you plan to join an established business?
Do you plan to start your own?
Do you intend to do Vanity Readings for a living?
Do you intend to offer it along side other services?

Bastemhet
I figured as much...I guess what I could do is apply color meanings which I have a bit of info on to the stones themselves, but the feeling I get from stones doesn't really have anything to do with their color (at least not that I know of). Can you recommend or edumacate me on what other systems there are so I can see if they're compatible to a Kemetic practice?

It depends. How much of a primer on Sympathetic Magic do you want me to prattle about?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:44 pm
The first thing I'd look for is an already established business.
So in that case, if already not required by the owner, would it make a huge difference between him/her hiring me, or someone else of equal experience?

Do you intend to do Vanity Readings for a living?
I'm not familiar with that term, sorry.

Do you intend to offer it along side other services?
No. Although I've used other forms of divination in the past, I'm most comfortable with the Tarot. If I was to have my own establishment, I'd most likely hire others who use other types of divination.  

CilverCyanide

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet

It depends. How much of a primer on Sympathetic Magic do you want me to prattle about?

Actually Kemetic religion has a lot of sympathetic magic use, e.g. execration rites using wax or clay dolls to represent the person, and correspondence with saliva and the hand with semen and the vulva, etc. I didn't know that personal energy imbued in a stone counts as sympathetic magic though. Unless I'm not talking about the same thing that you are.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff