Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:23 am
A bonebreaker is a steed for a Warlord.

Warlords can ride either a War Litter, pox rat and bonebreaker,

War litters is something which most gamers make out of 4 stormvermin holding a chair with a warlord ontop. Many warlords do this to show their stature, or simply to imitate the beard-things.

Giant Pox rat, pretty much a gigantic rat they ride into battle, counts as a normal steed.

And a monstrous mount, the Bonebreaker rat ogre, the best samples of rat ogres bred in vats with tons of growing juices extracted from over 1000 slaves, which leaves the rat ogre more bulkier and muscular, so big that it can't walk straignt due to the massive torso and is therefore unched over.
Well... A Big tamed rat ogre so to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am
They can ride them? eek

I'd love to see it all put together.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:40 pm
Sooner or later I'll have a Warlord on each kind of steed, but the one I'll be using in battles will most probably be a Warlord with only heavy armour, shield, hand and great weapon, won't need anything else since I don't want him in combat, just his LD boost, points are to be wasted on the army! >:3  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 am
Almost finished with the rat ogre, just need to give him a "lower lip" so that the lower jaw doesn't look like it's... all bone, or should I keep it as it is?

The fleshy "strings" from the face to the jaw turned out a bit bleh, but I think I can work with it, makes it look scarred and ruined by the Master Moulders who created it.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I also started on the platform.

User Image

And thought of adding some straps onto the platform helping the whole thing staying put while nailed onto his shoulders. Just an idea that popped up, not sure it it really would help for reals...

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 pm
Finished the jaw, figured it needed a bit more flesh. ;D

User Image

User Image

Now I just need to get the mold lines off from the blade-arm and back to the platform, I'm a slight bit blank about how I should make it though...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:10 pm
burning_eyes

crying It's beautiful in a twisted way. You really have skills I envy. crying  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm
Just a hurried picture of the platform so far.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:24 pm
A++++++++++++++++++ 1/2  

Inenor

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:19 am
Shin, seriously, when you're done with that one, send GW some pics of it. Please? I'm pretty sure it'll get featured in their daily updates article.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:37 am
Maybe I should. :0

Bleh... I find it hard to figure out what to use for the warlord... >_o  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 am
I think I found a model I might use, still looking through more options as always.

User Image

And with a leash.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm
With the model up on top there (and even the painted in leash) that looks pretty awesome. Possibly give the model a goad of sorts (a whip or prod maybe?) if that would fit into the fluff.

Absolutely beautiful stuff, Shin. I'm jealous.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 pm
Whips and prods are only for Moulder models (or moulder related characters), mine isn't so he's probably going to stick with what he have now, alternatively a halberd since the Rat Ogre is tame enough to follow orders from the owner.

But it's something I'll consider on a future Moulder related army I've been thinking of.

Now... I just need to decide on what to use for the leash, if I should use some kind of small rope, chains... Too many choices! Dx  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 am
I'd suggest a fine jeweler's chain, if you can find it. Failing that, rope or even something like a hard harness. Kinda like that they have on seeing eye dogs, but so that the rider can force the rat to look where he wants it to go.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:57 pm
No more progress on the bonebreaker yet I'm afraid... But instead progress on my clannies!

I've been slow with the progress I know... But I did manage to paint 25 clanrats (counting unit fillers as the number of rats they're supposed to count as) in 2 days now, with a new approach of painting them and I think I'm going to stick with it.

Something like this.

User Image

And the unit.

User Image

Just 50 slaves and the giant rats left now, I better hurry up so that I can get my 250 points painted this month.

And a quick sneek peek on my slaves.

User Image  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas