Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
Hufflepuff Common Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IS there any hufflepuffs present?
  Yes, here !
View Results

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:24 pm
User Image

As Lana realised the common room was empty, Lana took the box over to a table, and pulled off the cloth, the snuffling slowed down, as if, whatever it was, realised that it was soon going to see light.

Lana peeped through one of the holes in the box, she whispered into it 'ill be right back'. And she swiftly moved to away from the table to the girls common rooms.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 pm
User Image

Lana grabbed what looked to be a packet of food, from under her bed. She half sprinted back into the empty common room, and approached the moving and snuffling book. She opened it, and peered in 'Hello, Little brocky, how was your trip?' She queried into the quietning box.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:10 pm
Amber came in to the common room with a sniffle. "It's my last year guys!" She didn't want to leave Hogwarts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:38 pm
Junimaia
OOC time!

There's a heck of alot of brainstorming going on in the For the Graduates thread over what graduates should be able to do as well as designing the new Beyond Hogwarts subforum which will be run by Graduates. If you don't plan on roleplaying a hogwarts student the whole time you're here I'd suggest you go over there and input your ideas. But that's besides the point.

Currently, grads and non-grads alike are desperate for ideas on how to name the 4 "residential areas (RAs)" that will be going into the Beyond Hogwarts subforum. 4 residential threads for 4 hogwarts houses. In them, you can hangout with people and will be able to roleplay your own household as well as invite whatever friends you may be collecting in your RP adventures. Unlike the commonrooms, anybody can visit any RA, but your character's "home" will be established in the Hufflepuff thread. Now for the problem... this Hufflepuff area needs a name! We have the following names put forward so far:

Brock's Valley
Broad Valley
Badger Valley

The Head of House briskly walks in to make an announcement. "*ahem* Hufflepuffs, this is your last chance to vote on the poll on the board. The poll will close on wednesday, April 7th. Thank you for your input."  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
"I don't even remember what I voted for!" She said with a laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 pm
*pokes head in* Hello? Anyone here?
Err, right, well anyways... I just wanted to say that there's still some time to sign up for some of the classes! Hufflepuff needs all the points that it can get, so that in the end we'll get the Cup. In my own opinion, I think the Slytherins might be getting a big head from having won the House cup four terms in a row
(but you didn't hear that from me!). When I last looked, which was earlier today, all the other houses have at least two or more students signed up for the classes. Hufflepuff's got the least amount, even though, if I'm correct, we've got the most students, at 20. So yeah, that's all I really wanted to say.

Oh, one more thing. Are we ever going to have the Quidditch again? I think two or three years ago, DevilsDarkAngel even started a guild for it. But I think that it just kind of blew away...
sweatdrop  

aramaa

Wizard

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm
Quidditch has a saaad sad story. The quidditch guild never really took off, and when DDA dissappeared PhilbertTenderbean took over quidditch with my help; I don't remember if you were there to see that. We had a dice roll rp style quidditch going with its very own subforum, but we could never get enough people interested to have a proper game. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:45 pm
And since a lot of people have been pretty inactive recently, we wouldn't have much luck trying to bring it back, huh?

Stardust Disaster
Crew

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm
Ah, yeah, there are a lot of inactive people, especially in Hufflepuff (is that why Slytherin's always winning the House Cup now?). But I can't blame them since I personally think that April and May are especially busy months.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:47 pm
Actually if I remember correctly, Hufflepuff came in second place with the house cup a couple times. It's really more because Slytherin is like ridiculously active. Because even when houses were really active, Slytherin would still win by like 100 points cause there's some really awesome Slytherins doing a bunch of classwork and all that other good stuff you can do to earn housepoints. They've got some real troopers in that house I'll say.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:54 pm
About Quidditch, I remember checking out how to play it when you guys were trying to get it started up again and finding the rules and gameplay too much to remember and quite confusing that it scared me away from joining. Also, the fact that I'd have to have my posts in at certain times since sometimes I'm not always sure when I'll be able to be online.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 pm
Yeah, when Philbert created the game, he went under the assumption that everyone would should have the time to post within... uhh... what was it... 24 or 48 hours? Some stupidly short time window. Yeahh... it was lame. The quaffle kept switching teams because nobody posted in time xD Plus there were alot of holes in the game that never addressed certain gaming situations. So people tended to get confused more because the game was seriously flawed O_o' It was still a work in progress by that point.

When I took over, I tweaked Phil's game in places to not only fix the holes, but also allow for a more complex realistic quidditch role-play (hah, realistic quidditch, never thought I'd say that), but I convoluted the gameplay way too much for the general public to understand. Hardcore gamers thought it was awesome, but everyone else just got a headache sweatdrop I don't think I ever lifted the time constraints either. If I ever get around to modifying my game again, I'd definitely make it simpler and less time constraining.

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:38 am
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. For people that were good at that type of gaming, it was perfect for them, but for the "everyday person", it was quite hard. I think it had a lot to do with just soo much to read through and too complicated.

Maybe we should start some sort of Dueling Club... That can be done quite easily.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:19 pm
You mean make a trivia based quidditch? Or do you mean actually making a dueling club? We already have a dueling club in the Classrooms subforum sweatdrop

Ooh, speaking of which, if any of you like trivia, you really should check out the Dueling Club. It just started up a new round 3 days ago and you can win house points for answering questions correctly biggrin

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:13 pm
I think it would be fun to have a trivia kind of quidditch, but then it just seems like it'd be too similar to the dueling club. Well, unless you made all the questions about quidditch, but I guess even then, it's kind of redundant.  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff