Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
meditation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:33 pm
Byaggha
You should be made aware then that the initial response you have to meditation, at least as it is taught among Buddhists, may not be one of calmness or stress reduction - it's not something the mind is used to, and sometimes it fights back. Other times, you discover you've been hiding things from yourself. This can lead to the 'unburying' of very unpleasant repressed memories...

That having been said, if you don't mind running by Buddhist standard on it, and I know some people do mind it so take it for what it's worth, I recommend Metta meditation in specific. It'll help with the attitude. Cultivating a universal love and compassion isn't easy though, so that too will take time. 3nodding

When you strip it all away, and it's just you talking to yourself, it may get pretty gruesome. Thanks for bringing that up... fair warning is good policy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm
whiporwill-o
i'm hoping that meditation will help calm my stress levels and gather my thoughts, which would help out in alot of other areas too such as my insomnia and attitude, i tend to stay in a good mood for the most part, but if someone pushes the wrong button then im irritable the rest of the day. i may be misinformed, and if i am please correct me, but i was under the impression that meditating could help with these sorts of issues.
There are other tools to accomplish this as well. confused  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:40 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
i'm hoping that meditation will help calm my stress levels and gather my thoughts, which would help out in alot of other areas too such as my insomnia and attitude, i tend to stay in a good mood for the most part, but if someone pushes the wrong button then im irritable the rest of the day. i may be misinformed, and if i am please correct me, but i was under the impression that meditating could help with these sorts of issues.

care to give examples? smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 pm
Byaggha
You should be made aware then that the initial response you have to meditation, at least as it is taught among Buddhists, may not be one of calmness or stress reduction - it's not something the mind is used to, and sometimes it fights back. Other times, you discover you've been hiding things from yourself. This can lead to the 'unburying' of very unpleasant repressed memories...

That having been said, if you don't mind running by Buddhist standard on it, and I know some people do mind it so take it for what it's worth, I recommend Metta meditation in specific. It'll help with the attitude. Cultivating a universal love and compassion isn't easy though, so that too will take time. 3nodding

thank you for the warning 3nodding  

whiporwill-o

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:10 pm
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

A good workout is the common one that comes to mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:49 am
Pagan disciple
Humming can help when you have trouble with silence. The budhist 'Om mani Padmé hum" is an easy mantra you could use when you dont like to hum.

Good luck!

Thats really intersting, thank you.  

redtearsblackwings

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:53 am
whiporwill-o

I have alot of stress problems and I meditate every day. I find that it really helps, mainly because meditating is something that you can do no matter how your feeling.
Other stress releave things you can't do if you are say sick, or have some kind of injoury. Meditation you can do any time no matter how you're feeling I find its the best way to unwinde.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:18 am
redtearsblackwings
I find that it really helps, mainly because meditating is something that you can do no matter how your feeling.
Other stress releave things you can't do if you are say sick, or have some kind of injoury. Meditation you can do any time no matter how you're feeling I find its the best way to unwinde.
Ironically, most of the common forms of meditation I practice are less than pleasant when I am sick or injured.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:36 am
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

doh *feels stupid* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:30 pm
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

doh *feels stupid* sweatdrop
No worries. Truth be told, it isn't the first thing that comes to my mind. But that all depends on my husband's mood.  

TeaDidikai

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:36 pm
TeaDidikai
No worries. Truth be told, it isn't the first thing that comes to my mind. But that all depends on my husband's mood.

xd heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:06 pm
this may sounds weird.. but for me, i love being a tree. i find it peaceful. i have some rain forests mp3s. i put on my headphones and i become a tree. sun on my face with leaf like hands reaching outward. my feet reaching into the soil that's full of nutrients, thinking , meadows, birds, i become a tree. it makes me relaxed and i feel close to nature. (just a look into my personal preference)^_^  

0range_rayne

Original Bloodsucker

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

Actually, I've read somewheres that this is true but on different levels for different people. I've known people to talk about running and getting a blissful high that's just as good as smoking. I personally have never felt anything so noticeable. There are some brain chemicall-y explanations for this but I'd have to look it up, though I'm pretty sure I can find it again.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:07 pm
Sophist
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

Actually, I've read somewheres that this is true but on different levels for different people. I've known people to talk about running and getting a blissful high that's just as good as smoking. I personally have never felt anything so noticeable. There are some brain chemicall-y explanations for this but I'd have to look it up, though I'm pretty sure I can find it again.

doing crunches used to give me that sort of 'high' feeling, but then i got sick one season and the doctor said i had to stop or my spleen would rupture, and that didnt sound like fun so now they just make my back hurt, lol.  

whiporwill-o

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 pm
whiporwill-o
doing crunches used to give me that sort of 'high' feeling, but then i got sick one season and the doctor said i had to stop or my spleen would rupture, and that didnt sound like fun so now they just make my back hurt, lol.

Maybe it depends more on what you're doing. When I did yoga I had more of that nice high feeling than any other exercise I've tried, but that's after doing two hours of it. It's still something nice to consider. I would really recommend it as a relaxation tool.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff