Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Fundraising Committee! Current Discussion=Setting Up Raffle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm
Whimsical Rhetoric
we should start planning. do we have a time set for using the meebo room?
Haven't checked, but I'm sure if we advertise a time and check with the other committees we can easily get it to ourselves. It doesn't really get much use as it is.

Um. Lets see. I do have a topic concerning the raffle in the community hub though.

And I posted something about a booty grab too.

As to everyone who wants to be a coordinator, please fill out the form It would be much better for us!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:39 pm
I want to be on a committee!

Committee Name: Fundraising Committee!!!
Captain? Coordinator...DONATOR!!!
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): Not on Gaia but I raise real moolah in the real world for things in school and stuff...Usually lead them...It's ok if not though hahaha!
What skills can you bring to this committee?:
My thoughts, my humor, my leadership....and...my money razz  

Ninja_of_clouds

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:06 am
jessieomer

Ticket Cost
Jackpot bereakdown percentage (as in how much will go to us and how much will go to the winner) - This will then decide how much money the Jackpot is, you know like 50k or whatever.
How much tickets will be sold
How many rounds we will go

And anything else a raffle holds.

And also, we would love to get some affiliates for the raffle, seeing as it will be a big deal.

1st off what kind of affiliates are you looking for? I can talk to a few threads in the mini shops if you'd like. scratch that xD turns out they aren't happy i ran off to work for TLC instead of them xD some friends they are; a few of them are likely kidding with me i'll keep you posted; that is if you want them

I think we should do something a little like this:

Hold 3 rounds of the raffle (increase or decrease according to interest shown in the forum)

The 1st round should be held at 25k tickets being sold at 150g and sell 250 tickets that gives us a profit of 12,500

The second round should be set with the jackpot at 50k Sell another 250 tickets at 350g a piece making a profit of 55,000

The 3rd round is the Big Boom. jackpot around 100k + an item we have laying around.... just a thought

as for the rules of the raffle and how it actually works; you can only buy 5 tickets per day each ticket you but will have a number on it (we will have to keep a list of user names and the corresponding number.... when the slots are full the coordinator of the raffle will make a post with a random # between 1-250. The number that shows up = winner and the next raffle round starts, we can also attach little games to the raffle like dice rolling and whatnot to attract more people.... this is just a rough idea feel free to change anything and everything  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 pm
a very good idea! that sounds like a great way to earn money!!!!!  

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

IPod Crack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Committee Name: Fundraising
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Captain , Co-ordinator
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): No. I do Raise alot of Gold though. I can share my Gold as well as Give various Ideas on Raising the Gold Count!
What skills can you bring to this committee?: Imagination, Contests, I Love to Give Gold through Contests and Items through Raffles! ALSO, I Get Cash Card at the Beginning of Every Month, I can Offer a $10 Dollar Spree in a Contest!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm
Committee Name: Donator
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Coordinator, Personal Slave, and Donator
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): Yes. I've had been organizing contests and giveaways for my friend's guild.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: Hmmm... skills. Well I can help organize the ball or giveaways. Maybe even plan things for the ball.  

Creeline

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

Skysong the dragon

Distinct Businesswoman

9,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:41 am

Committee Name: Fundraising Committee
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): I could only see two listed and out of those Co-ordinator.
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): While I have nothing specific except helping my friends to quest I've studied economics and have a fairly business orientated mind.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: I have a good understanding of the marketplace and can suggest the best times to buy items and can generally predict what will inflate to increase funds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 am
Okay, I see we have plenty of people interested, so I would love for you to stop sending in forms and all that.

If you want to donate, or applied as a donator please just send the trade to Annual Ball Mule.

And someone please start getting on our fundraising topics!  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Lunar Nomad

Sweet Strawberry

18,775 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 pm
We should try an avi contest. If we get enough people interested... we can earn a good amount and still have a good prize. Second we should also try an auction... 3nodding One for items and one win a date with one of the commity. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm
nice thought, how about with the avatar contest people have to pay 200 gold to vote, and everyone who guesses the right one gets a nice prize. how's that sound? biggrin  

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lunar Nomad

Sweet Strawberry

18,775 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:59 pm
endagersaver21
nice thought, how about with the avatar contest people have to pay 200 gold to vote, and everyone who guesses the right one gets a nice prize. how's that sound? biggrin
That would be a bit complicated considering that would mean we would have to collect votes manually instead of via poll. But that would be a very good idea if Gaia had a system to control that. But since Gaia doesn't we have no way to keep that managable.

But I think taking outside bets as to who thinks who will win the contest before hand before the voting starts would be a great idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm
how about we find a charitable gaian who will be willing to do that, sum1 TRades them money, and they enter it in a poll  

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:47 am
i dont mean to be a downer, but i sure as heck wouldnt pay gold to vote for someone elses avi, maybe you should consider putting an entry fee on the avis and a prize for the winner. needs to be enticing , i think you should keep it simple, 300 gold to enter the contest with 2k for the winner, 1k for 2nd and 500g for the runner up, get twenty people interested and you have a pretty little profit. The item is a good idea, but the only problem with that is you need to get a higer price for the item than you can already get on the marketplace...... speaking of which, i would recommend selling off any items you are going to sell for gold now, market always goes crazy around Christmas xD lovely time to make a little more profit than usual selling stuff  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 pm
thats much better than my idea, i hope it works, but lets kick that entry fee up to 350, its that much more and no1 misses their money, is that a reasonable price? higher maybe? or maybe lower? u tell me  

endagersaver21

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:33 pm
lol prices are a rough estimate, no one reallt thinks about 50g but it would increas our profit a pretty penny, bring in 1k more if we had 20 people interested in subitting works, the price all depends on the payouts and number of interested people  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff