Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:43 pm
saint dreya
Ainwyn
But even then, I still don't get the Twilight, or Spike and Angel (from Buffy) obsession thing. *shudders*

Because David Boreanz is drop dead schmexy! Granted, I prefer his character in Bones much more to anything he ever accomplished in Angel.

It took me ages to get used to him as Booth. "But why isn't he burning up in the sunlight?!?!" After watching him play a vampire for 8 years, it was difficult... but yes, I do love him on Bones. Sorry for going off topic.

Has anyone read Vampires, Burial and Death: Folklore and Reality, by Paul Barber? I picked it up last year in our school's used bookstore because it looked interesting and was only $10, but haven't had the time to read it yet. I've skimmed it a bit though and it seems quite interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 pm
TeaDidikai
The only thing I can think of when people suggest Vampires = Smexy is "Ewwww... necrophilia!"

Dunno if this has been covered, but quite a bit of the prevailing theory on why people view vampires as 'smexy' has quite a bit to do with immortality (yay! I can live forever!) irresposibility (who needs to pay bills? I drink blood!) and the fact that blood is the 'stuff of life'. Also, there's the whole Jungian 'vampire biting the next is euphemistic for sex!' thing. And yeah, while I love a well-written vampire tale (Twilight fans need not apply), it has been overdone a bit. Just my two-cents worth.  

River_Moonwolf

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:01 am
saint dreya
Ainwyn
But even then, I still don't get the Twilight, or Spike and Angel (from Buffy) obsession thing. *shudders*

Because David Boreanz is drop dead schmexy! Granted, I prefer his character in Bones much more to anything he ever accomplished in Angel.

He is a better actor in Bones. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 am
Nines19
Violet Song jat Shariff
UnholyFayth
Vampires Are Indeed Real. It Is A Religion I Have Studied Myself. It's Vampirism. Which Follow Under The Lines Of Instinct, And Survival. Blood Is The Life Source Needed To Survive. Though Receiving Blood From A Blood Bank Is Completely Untrue. Blood In Order To Survive Must Be Consumed From A Live, And WILLING Host, And There Can Be No Consumption Of Enough Blood To Actually Kill The Host "That Is Illegal In The Religion, And As Is The Law" . The Religion Of A Vampire Is A Mostly Underground, And Hidden Religion. There's My Small Intake Of The Thread.

No. Just no.

Why? There is an actual vampire religion.
Thinking of The Temple?  

TeaDidikai

Calixti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:00 pm
Aino Ailill
saint dreya
Ainwyn

To be fair, it's hard to get much worse than he was early in Buffy. x_x  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:48 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Nines19
Violet Song jat Shariff
UnholyFayth
Vampires Are Indeed Real. It Is A Religion I Have Studied Myself. It's Vampirism. Which Follow Under The Lines Of Instinct, And Survival. Blood Is The Life Source Needed To Survive. Though Receiving Blood From A Blood Bank Is Completely Untrue. Blood In Order To Survive Must Be Consumed From A Live, And WILLING Host, And There Can Be No Consumption Of Enough Blood To Actually Kill The Host "That Is Illegal In The Religion, And As Is The Law" . The Religion Of A Vampire Is A Mostly Underground, And Hidden Religion. There's My Small Intake Of The Thread.

No. Just no.

Why? There is an actual vampire religion.

One besides the sort-of religion built up around Edward Cullen?
User Image

Yup. I gave a link around the bottom of page 3, I think.

TeaDidikai
Thinking of The Temple?

3nodding Some interesting stuff in their book. Nothing useful to me (that I've seen so far), but it's at least worth a look from anyone who's interested by things like that, I think.  

Nines19

Ellisari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:45 pm
o= I've heard of the vampire religion before. It looks very questionable, but still interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:17 pm
Deoridhe
Recursive Paradox
CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox
No. Not even as metaphor. I know that LeVayan Satanism uses vampire as a metaphor to describe what Etherism refers to as Those of The Void, which is basically a social parasite, but there's absolutely no usage of anything even resembling the legends (old or revisionist) of vampires within Etherism.

While I would agree that, in the vast majority of cases, parasites are social in nature there are one or two per hundred that are not.

Direct non mundane energy drain?

I'd agree with Wing on the rarity, but also the existence of these kinds of people. When I'm near them I have the sensation of an event horizon, but no person; that's my instinctive imaging for those people.

I've only encountered one person like that (a certain very abusive ex) but I can't say whether that was the abuse draining my reserves (in attempting to cope and survive) or if it was direct non mundane draining.

The closest thing I can think of within my own system is a Void Channeler (i.e. an Aspect Channeler that exclusively uses the Void Aspect or Void Essences), which would essentially draw all forms of energy inwards from all external sources. Not exactly awesome folk to be around...

I wonder if its possible to develop an affinity for an Aspect without consciously attempting to and actually channeling it without meaning to? That's actually a really terrifying thought...

o_o  

Recursive Paradox

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:39 pm
Calixti
Aino Ailill
saint dreya
Ainwyn

Nah, it's easy. Act for Disney's day shows (like Hannah Montana). x.x I'm certain they deliberately have their people act as they do; perhaps it makes it more appealing for children. It is rather horrid for me, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:20 am
Nines19

3nodding Some interesting stuff in their book. Nothing useful to me (that I've seen so far), but it's at least worth a look from anyone who's interested by things like that, I think.
I avoid them like the plague. They're pretty much tantamount to spiritual rapists in my book.  

TeaDidikai

Nines19

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:20 am
TeaDidikai
Nines19

I avoid them like the plague. They're pretty much tantamount to spiritual rapists in my book.

I can definitely understand why you think that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:38 pm
Aino Ailill
Calixti
Aino Ailill
saint dreya
Ainwyn

Nah, it's easy. Act for Disney's day shows (like Hannah Montana). x.x I'm certain they deliberately have their people act as they do; perhaps it makes it more appealing for children. It is rather horrid for me, though.

I think South Park got it right with the Jonas (sp?) Brothers and their purity rings; easier to sell sex to pre/teenage girls with concerned parents and a clean conscious.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
Recursive Paradox
CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox
No. Not even as metaphor. I know that LeVayan Satanism uses vampire as a metaphor to describe what Etherism refers to as Those of The Void, which is basically a social parasite, but there's absolutely no usage of anything even resembling the legends (old or revisionist) of vampires within Etherism.

While I would agree that, in the vast majority of cases, parasites are social in nature there are one or two per hundred that are not.

Direct non mundane energy drain?

I'd agree with Wing on the rarity, but also the existence of these kinds of people. When I'm near them I have the sensation of an event horizon, but no person; that's my instinctive imaging for those people.

Had a chance to use what I taught you to see them? I'd be interested in hearing your results.

I have been blessedly free of vampires for the last couple of years. I have used it on my clients, but it comes and goes, and sometimes renders me unable to see, so I have to be careful. Stupid air all full of shinies.

my internal imaging system, rather than using my eyes, remains the more reliable method of conceptualizing people.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 am
I really like the event horizon image.
I, with permission, will use that in future.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers