Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Tarot? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm
Nines19
I'm trying my limited artistry at creating (at least designs for) a set of cards. Currently they're to be based off the "ordinary" Rider-Waite Tarot format, though perhaps with different names and visuals, and follow a Western theme. ("Western" in the sense of old Clint Eastwood movies.)
I'll let everyone know how they turn out.
I'm working on an oracle deck before I try my hand at a Tarot deck- though in retrospect, Tarot would have been easier.

I'll likely use a VS format when I do the tarot.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:58 pm
CilverCyanide
I'd suppose the path I'm closest to is Kemetic although I haven't decided on whether I want to take the KO's course or not.

Why do you think you have to be a member of KO to be Kemetic? confused  

Bastemhet

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:01 pm
TeaDidikai
Nines19
I'm trying my limited artistry at creating (at least designs for) a set of cards. Currently they're to be based off the "ordinary" Rider-Waite Tarot format, though perhaps with different names and visuals, and follow a Western theme. ("Western" in the sense of old Clint Eastwood movies.)
I'm working on an oracle deck before I try my hand at a Tarot deck- though in retrospect, Tarot would have been easier.

What's your method of making an oracle deck? How does an oracle deck differ from Tarot?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:30 pm
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Nines19

What's your method of making an oracle deck? How does an oracle deck differ from Tarot?

This and what's a VS format?  

Nines19

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:52 pm
Nines19
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Nines19

Visconti-Sforza, I'd presume.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:57 pm
Aino Ailill
Nines19
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Nines19

Ah. (I figured it was something I should have known.)  

Nines19

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 am
Sorry I'm still confused.
What is the difference between Orcal Cars and Tarot Cards?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:34 am
Sophist
What's your method of making an oracle deck?
I'm drawing on key cultural themes and personal experiences and contextualizing them within the folklore I grew up with.

For example, there's a story about a fearsome creature that was tricked into thinking a man was stronger than him. There is a picture of the beginning of the story and in a reading it will translate as "Beware of self delusion. When weak, feign strength, when strong, feign weakness" and other similar themes that are present in the story that will be brought to prominence within the reading depending on the situation the reading is questioning and what other cards (and hence, themes and meanings) are on the table.

Nines19

Aino Ailill
Bingo!

redtearsblackwings
What is the difference between Orcal Cars and Tarot Cards?
Tarot is a deck that includes seventy eight cards. Twenty two are within the Major Arcana, with four suits numbering one through ten and then four face cards per suit, usually named something akin to page, knight, queen, king, though there are variations of this naming scheme and having such differences does not disqualify it as a Tarot Deck.

Anything else is an Oracle Deck.  

TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 am
So do they tell you anything different or is Tarot just more of an accurate reading?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:27 am
redtearsblackwings
So do they tell you anything different or is Tarot just more of an accurate reading?

Their pieces of paper with ink on them. They don't tell anyone anything- tarot or otherwise.

Hey Red. I wanted to take a moment to point something out to you. In the only thread where you have refrained from flaming and perpetuating misinformation, the only thread where you have not been completely inconsiderate towards those you are speaking with, where you asked honest questions, you have been treated with perfect civility.

Civility, that you certainly have not earned after you had the nerve to call me a slut and other names. This thread is a clear demonstration that you are not being persecuted. This is a clear example that it is your actions, not who you are, that is the root of the conflict in other threads. That when you behave in an acceptable way, you are treated civilly. That civility will no longer be extended to you unless you issue an apology for calling me names.

Have I made myself perfectly clear?  

TeaDidikai

Nines19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:13 pm
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Their pieces of paper with ink on them. They don't tell anyone anything- tarot or otherwise.

Shall we discuss interpretations of this idea? ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:38 pm
Nines19

Shall we discuss interpretations of this idea? ninja
Fire away.  

TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:33 am
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Hey Red. I wanted to take a moment to point something out to you. In the only thread where you have refrained from flaming and perpetuating misinformation, the only thread where you have not been completely inconsiderate towards those you are speaking with, where you asked honest questions, you have been treated with perfect civility.

Civility, that you certainly have not earned after you had the nerve to call me a slut and other names. This thread is a clear demonstration that you are not being persecuted. This is a clear example that it is your actions, not who you are, that is the root of the conflict in other threads. That when you behave in an acceptable way, you are treated civilly. That civility will no longer be extended to you unless you issue an apology for calling me names.

Have I made myself perfectly clear?

Are you trying to start a fight again? I try to talk to people in a nice way and you are here being nasty and acting like you're queen of the castle. Get over it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 am
You expect to be able to be rude in-so-far as calling another a slut and then be able to ignore it and continue benefiting from the knowledge of that person without offering your apologies? You act as if the matter had been settled; it had not been.  

Aino Ailill

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:48 am
redtearsblackwings

Are you trying to start a fight again? I try to talk to people in a nice way and you are here being nasty and acting like you're queen of the castle. Get over it.

Actually -- she wasn't picking a fight. She was letting you know that your behavior in this topic is much better than in others --and you get better results because of it.

I really would reccomend offering an apology for the name-calling you engaged in. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM me and I will make sure to get back to you either during my breaks or after work. Let's make this the last post on this particular thread in this topic.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff