Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dont come to our church! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do we fight each other?
  because were different
  because some of us are jerks and hypocrites
  i dont even know
View Results

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

Baptised as an infant into the Episcopalian church.
Baptised as a teenager into a Baptist church.

Whoa. Those are some pretty heavy covenants.
How are you dealing with those broken oaths again?

Yea I know. I'm doubly ********.
I have a few different ideas being tossed around and I'm not entirely sure which way to go yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

I have a few different ideas being tossed around and I'm not entirely sure which way to go yet.

wow, yeah that much be hard. my friend went from Christianity to paganism  

VampireMetal

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

YHWH is no one to deal with broken covenants easily...

You could go the "protection of another deity" route. There might be some with a bone to pick with YHWH who would be willing for sacrifices and oaths. You may end up finding yourself in the same boat again, though, with oaths to another god that you now need to break.

Breaking oaths is a lot easier when both sides are amicable.

Gods am I glad I was raised Northern Baptist!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:04 pm
Deoridhe
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

YHWH is no one to deal with broken covenants easily...

I know emo

Quote:
You could go the "protection of another deity" route. There might be some with a bone to pick with YHWH who would be willing for sacrifices and oaths. You may end up finding yourself in the same boat again, though, with oaths to another god that you now need to break.

I considered this route...but then I realized I'm nothing all too special; not someone a god would be willing to butt heads with another god over. And I'd feel silly for asking a god to view me as someone worth that.

And I have that worry as well. I know I feel well-rooted with where I'm at now, but I know that could change.

Quote:
Breaking oaths is a lot easier when both sides are amicable.

Gods am I glad I was raised Northern Baptist!!!

Agreed.

I'm not sure if the Baptist church I was baptised into was Nothern or just a sort of generic Baptist. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Southern Baptist at any rate.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:08 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
I considered this route...but then I realized I'm nothing all too special; not someone a god would be willing to butt heads with another god over. And I'd feel silly for asking a god to view me as someone worth that.

And I have that worry as well. I know I feel well-rooted with where I'm at now, but I know that could change.

Dude, the "I'm not special" is where the bribe...I mean sacrifices come in.
ninja

Thor might actually be willing to come up for it, for some sort of regular observance and offering. There are deities who have an interest in humanity because of humanity's differences, after all, Thor being one of them.

Violet Song jat Shariff
Agreed.

I'm not sure if the Baptist church I was baptised into was Nothern or just a sort of generic Baptist. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Southern Baptist at any rate.

You were Baptized, so what saves me doesn't hold for you. Northern Baptist doesn't allow for baptism until the individual understands and consents to the covenant, though, believing it is inappropriate for the parents to sign someone up for something without their knowledge or consent, so I wasn't baptized as a child and by the time I was twelve neither parent were in a church or wanted to baptize me.

Sheer luck I'm not where you are now, really.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:10 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Quote:
No. I don't share precious things directly with people I don't respect.

To be fair, you posted a fair mount of it online.

That's why I included the word "directly". Telling an individual requires additional effort when there's no sign there's a point. It's the effort, more than the information, which I refuse to put out.

I AM lazy, after all.

Fair enough. wink  

TeaDidikai

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 pm
well im down bothering you guys but i am gong to post another thread if thats okay, asking for your thoughts about Christianity and what lead you to paganism.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 pm
Deoridhe
Violet Song jat Shariff

Dude, the "I'm not special" is where the bribe...I mean sacrifices come in.
ninja

Thor might actually be willing to come up for it, for some sort of regular observance and offering. There are deities who have an interest in humanity because of humanity's differences, after all, Thor being one of them.

Ahhh...I see wink .

Quote:
Violet Song jat Shariff
Agreed.

You were Baptized, so what saves me doesn't hold for you. Northern Baptist doesn't allow for baptism until the individual understands and consents to the covenant, though, believing it is inappropriate for the parents to sign someone up for something without their knowledge or consent, so I wasn't baptized as a child and by the time I was twelve neither parent were in a church or wanted to baptize me.

-nod-
I envy your luck xd  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 pm
VampireMetal
well im down bothering you guys but i am gong to post another thread if thats okay, asking for your thoughts about Christianity and what lead you to paganism.

Why don't you try exercising your newfound regret by reading what people have already typed in for you? There's a whole forum of people posting about their specific beliefs; you can start there - in Pathways.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:16 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
-nod-
I envy your luck xd

You should! My family has loads. We're very lucky. We need a next generation, though; now that Mom is matriarch, we need a third generation again. 8(  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 pm
Deoridhe
VampireMetal

Why don't you try exercising your newfound regret by reading what people have already typed in for you? There's a whole forum of people posting about their specific beliefs; you can start there - in Pathways.

thanks i will.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:21 pm
Deoridhe

I'm wondering what other covenants you might be party to though. ninja

So... when are you going to breed?  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

When I finally find a guy who is also a partner to parent my child. Hopefully soon.

I'm part of the generational covenant, most likely, on both sides. Mom was Presbyterian until College and Dad still claims to be Christian.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:32 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

When I finally find a guy who is also a partner to parent my child. Hopefully soon.

I'm part of the generational covenant, most likely, on both sides. Mom was Presbyterian until College and Dad still claims to be Christian.
Yeah... those might bite ya.

Did you indulge any other sacraments?  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:34 pm
I'm pretty thoroughly boned when it comes to YHWH. Completed every sacrament of the Roman Catholic Church, that were available to someone of my age.

I don't hold with deities that try to bind me with oaths I was not informed enough to make (Baptism, Confession, and Communion) or that I made out of fear (Confirmation. Without going into overly much detail, I grew up in a physically abusive household, and saying no was not a choice).

I've since turned to my deities for protection from the oaths I was made to be bound to, since regardless of what I feel, those are fairly binding, unfortunately.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff