Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
How young is too yong ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scarlet The Pink Bear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:40 am
First off it really depends on what type of makeup and how thick she apply will it. For 12 I honestly don't think it's too young but she should just keep it a light tone normal to her skin color. and don't over use lipstick,eye shadow etc and for 12 she probably should wait at least a year to use eyeliner unless it's applied very thin just to make the eyes pop a little.As for mascara it can be pretty hard to find a good one but for her age you wont want to use a lot.
but really just keep it light and don't use too much.And always wash your makeup off before you go to bed or else it will ruin your skin and eyelashes later in life and you'll break out a lot more than normally

by the way i started using makeup at 11'1/2 but i never used it regularly until 13 because i never had a reason to use it.
Well i hope that helps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:57 am
I started when I was 12, but it was only eyeliner at the time. Always wash your makeup off after you're done, though. I don't think coverup should be used unless you have blemishes, or something you want covered up like an acne problem. (You know what time of month we should use this girls! XD)  

EvilMoofinz101

4,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

viper_353

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:43 pm
Yeah, I started at 15, and I thought that was about the right time....12 might be a little young, if she really wants to then start her out looking really natural, and teach her how to do it WELL. You don't want her to look too overmade. yeah, some liner, maybe mascara a bit of shadow on occasions...I really only wear makeup to special events and when I'm not playing sports after school. So just, don't let her wear too much and start her out RIGHT. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:59 pm
oh geeze, i feel silly, i first wore make up in 2nd grade, i had older sisters and they would use me as a barbie to try out ideas almost every day. XD i started doing it myself in about 5th grade, eyeliner to this day is still a must-have for me. let her experiment and find out what makes her feel confident and happy, once she finds her style after a few failers im sure it will be fine, after all im sure everyone has done something silly on there way to there current style. (i know i used to used to think it was "awesome" to use marker on my lower lid and draw patterns and stuff intead of eye shadow.. =.= haha! XD)  

9_Beautiful_Monster_6

6,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:25 pm
User Image
I didnt start to wearing it regularly till I was 16, I've been wearing as little as possible nowadays, just eyeliner to feel my best.

I wore makeup when I was younger for plays and halloween or if someone used me as a barbie. I was never really into makeup and fought with my mother till I started wearing it regularly.
(Yes, that's right, she was forcing me to wear makeup whee )

I have a younger sister (14 now and was 13 at the time) and I went to a football game and didnt expect her to be there and didnt expect her friend to make her look like a cheap whore like her friend usually looks. My sister got in trouble for too much makeup.

It all depends on what she wears, if its a little blush and eyeshadow its all set, mascara is okay in small amounts but eyeliner I call a no-no for young ages

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 am
I have a suggestion for something that might work good for her. You know the Smackers lip gloss and chapstick? Well they also have a mini eyeshadow pallet. It's all really soft colors with a little bit of shimmer, so you could get her that, and it wouldn't be very noticeable to anyone else, just to her. Then it wouldn't be overdone.  

fancy-painted-boats-

Idia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 pm
I'm 19 and still haven't started wearing it "regularly".

If she does do it, just make sure she knows what she's doing, the more she learns, the better she'll be at it. Maybe she'd like to take a class or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:08 pm
I was 15 or 16 before i even started to wear makeup. .__.
I'm 20 and all i wear is some light blue, copper or silver and white eyeshadow, some lip gloss, lipstick and blush.
I normally go natrual though unless i'm going out to eat or shopping.

When i have kids it's no makeup until they're 16. >.> Dead serious.  

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

Tsukuyomi25021

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:40 pm
I started wearing makeup at age 12. and my parents let me make mistakes of wearing too much eyeliner, and then i got called emo, but they were so okay with it, my sister wears even a little bit and my mom freaks on her. so i don't know...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
i wasnt allowed till i was 17  

monkeybite

5,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

-i-AeroSwagga-x-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:27 am
i dnt wear makeup bcuz i think i luk gud w/o it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:26 pm
I'm 12 and I don't really wear makeup unless I feel like it.
I don't think its too young just don't put too much on.  

shate1111

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:41 pm
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

I don't think you really should wear make-up if you're under 14, but you really shouldn't wear it at all unless you're using it properly. My sister is 11 and I told her that when she felt she was ready to wear make-up, to come to me so I could teach her how to use it.
I mean, it's supposed to enhance your features, not hide them.
I think it's silly when all these girls are wearing make-up and the colours aren't even right for them.
I'm not real into make-up (I only wear what I feel I need that day) but if you're going to wear it, make sure it makes what features you have stand out more. Not hide them.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 pm

I started wearing makeup at around 13?
I think it's fine as long as the makeup is really neutral and natural looking. Foundation, powder, concealer, and a nude or light pink lip gloss is a good start. c:

User Image  

Radiant Bliss

User_20392979

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 pm
To tell you the truth, I don't wear make-up regular and not sure how old I was when I started wearing as I never paid much attention.

I usually only wear make-up if I feel like it and on special occasions hardly wear any then as I've never been good at applying make-up.. I guess if the make-up is natural looking, wearing it at 13 is alright.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff