Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Garth Nix Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Vorpal Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:55 am
Is seventh tower the one where they used light from rings/stones in them for power? And then the two kids bound the storm spirit things to them?

I vaugely remember that series, but I loved it.

And Abhorsen, don't even get me started on that one, I LOVED IT!!! Mogget... he was awesome beyond all belief.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:11 pm
Mogget is my favorite character in the series. He acts like he hates everyon, but he really likes them. The Dog is my second favorite character.  

NightIntent
Captain

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:31 am
I loved Sabriel! The 3rd in the Abhorsen trilogy was also good. I hated Laeriel, though, because her self-pity and suicidal thinking infuriated me. She begins the book by trying to jump off of a building for God's sake! I only read the 1st Keys to the Kingdom and found it enjoyably fast-paced. Someday I'll read the rest.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:38 am
I've read most of the books by him, and have loved nearly all of them.

The only one I outright didn't like was Shade's Children.

And I must agree, Lirael is the worst of the Abhorsen trilogy.

The Keys to the Kingdom books are great, and are oddly reminiscent of the High House. heart

has anyone read Ragwitch?  

Tarantellatears

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:24 am
I always forget about Ragwitch~

I've been meaning to read it for a good few years now, but never remember it when I get to the bookstore.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:11 pm
@minerva: Mountain, actually. She tries to jump off a mountain.  

The Vorpal Tom

Psychomech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:03 am
I read one of his Seventh Tower books, three or four of his Keys to the Kingdom books, and I own Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen but find myself incapable of getting into the books at all.

Not a bad author, but it seems that his trilogy (S, A, & L) has really defined him in the eyes of today's youth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:35 pm
love the abhorsen series, ragwitch, keys to the kingdom, seventh towers are fun  

murphyad

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:21 pm
I read a bunch of them a long time ago, and have been seriously meaning to re-read them!!
And i love Shade's Children. I read it for an assignment in school one time, and loved it so much.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:30 pm
I love Garth Nix!
Heh, I remember he was on The Den once, like this weird Irish kids show, and I was like x_x 'cause only real boring people ever went onto The Den.
But then someone bought be Sabriel and I was like o_O

I've read all his books 'cept Shade's Children and the Seventh Tower series. I don't know why, I just can't bring myself to read them. I think I'm worried that I'll be disappointed or something.

I especially love Ragwitch, which is seriously under-rated. I refused to watch Rosie and Jim with my li'l' cousins for about a month after reading that book!

I really need to reread Keys to the Kingdom. I got the sixth book recently, and I swear I couldn't remember anything from the books before it, making it really hard to get into. I was a bit dissapointed by the scenes with Leaf in the hospital though. There was just something very... off about it. I dunno.

In the Old Kingdom series, I love Sabriel. Lireal and Abhorsen are both good - I love the Clayre in Lireal - but theres just something wonderful about Sabriel. Like when she finds Touchstone... *sigh* If only we were all that lucky!

Foolish Catalyst

IncompleteConspiracy

Shameless Witch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:59 pm
He's a really good author. Ragwitch wasn't as good as his other books, but it was still good. I loved the Seventh Tower series.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:51 pm
I really love Ragwitch.
Oddly, I think it was what got me interested in history back when I first read it...
Theres a midden heap near me, and decided to research it after reading this book. Weird, but whatever.

Everyone here seems to live Sevent Tower. I think I'm gonna make room for it on my reading list soon. Somehow...

Foolish Catalyst

12l531

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:29 pm
r u kidding me! i joined this guild 2 minutes ago and i LUV garth nix. I have read all the abhorsen books and the Keys to the kingdom that r out (waiting for sunday) i havent read the seventh towers adn anything farther the first chapter fo the Shades childern ( i was reading before school and picked it up 3 miunts before the bell). I Suzys awsume and so is Kibeth(the disputable dog)  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff