Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Shotacon: For or Against? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it really as terrible as it's made out to be?
  Yes!
  No!
  I am neutral.
View Results

Yuu Okono

Versatile Receiver

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:42 pm
I'm completely for it, if the age's aren't to far apart. Example?
A twenty year old with an eight year old. I will admit I do like Papa To Kiss In The Dark Though...But it's just to cute not to like <<
And I have to admit that Japan is probably more accepting of Shota ( Considering the age of consent it thirteen. Followed by Canada who is fourteen )
I absolutely love a good Naruto/Konohamaru story though. So long as it is after the time skip and Kono is thirteen/fourteen.
And I will admit ( with a tiny bit of pride ) that my Yaoi/Shounen-AI picture collection ( All one-thousand five hundred of them ). About a seventh of it is shota. Most is straight up Yaoi between two adults over the age of twenty though. <<  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 am
I love shotacon very much.
I feel no remorse in the anime/mangas I read and watch cos I can separate fiction from reality.
Meaning, in reality a 30 year old with a 10 year old is just wrong eek

Its Dark In The Matinee

Lady Tsukiko Kuonji

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:14 am
Shota`s usually nice, but it can get kinda creepy when the older guy is, like, 40.

Because the separation between fiction and reality exists... but it only streches so far. A 40-10 relationship gives horrors to my mind.

But, say, 20-14? OK.

24-12? Borderline.

26-16? Luffs.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:50 pm
Infinite Pandora
Against, but I have read some from Minami Haruka's works.

I've read Child Epicurean and a lot of other works by her, but it just makes me feel really weird and maybe ashamed of myself... D;
but i'm not against it, because i still read it xD

Kakashi_is_mine

nikaido24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:40 am
Im not really against it I just dont like it. Ive only read one manga with shotacon and I didnt read anymore.

I cant really sense the passion and sincerity between a kid and an adult.
I mean, what does a kid know about love?

But still, if everyone thinks its "For it" the Im FOR IT!!
As they say..Go with the Flow.. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:16 am
If it's well-written and not incredibly far-fetched, then I'm all for it!! biggrin

If it's anything but, then... no. Sorry, but no.  

The_Radioactive_Woman

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:33 am
As long as it stays fiction, it's fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:37 am
It depends. Sometimes it's okay, but I'm not a big fan of it.  

Choer

RockstarGirl8

6,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:53 pm
As long as it's not too graphic, it's all good. Loveless is one of my favorite mangas! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm
I totally support it. However, as with all things there are always limitations.

As there is no way to really indicate the age of fictional characters, I would say that I can tolerate any kind of pairing as long as the appearance of the seme indicates that he is at least 30 below. That means no big bellies and facial hairs. And of course, no bald characters.

But one must note that I tolerate older uke. So it is totally alright for me to see a 10 year old boy penetrate, torture, punish and abuse his uncle but not the uncle doing it to the boy.

Makes sense? Of course there are always personal opinions. But I enjoy all kinds of shotacon, except for the one mentioned here, as long as both individuals participating gave their CONSENT. Legal Consent does not apply because the idiotic law states that minors, even though intellectually capable of giving such permission, cannot give legal consent.

I am meaning consent here as in, both agreed to participate willingly in the activity.

And I'll have to disagree in someone saying that children cannot gave love though. Love can be simplified as, affection, a feeling of need and want to be with a certain person you really love. Crush is a starting point of development and crushes occur at a very young age, even in kindergarten.

So with this, I am certain that Love is not impossible. And of course, love is not the only basis for shotacon. 12-year old boys who are curious and like to experiment, friends who are fooling around, and among other things can start events and love is often unnecessary.

Example would be Enzai. Guys willingly allowed himself to be used by the warden to save his friends at the prison. He does not love the seme but he did it willingly, although it might appear unwilling, but he agreed to it because it has purpose- his friends.  

reychop

900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

JujYFru1T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:33 pm
stare
I don't like it. Loveless is the exception, and only because it isn't explicit. And the ages aren't too far apart...
also, some yaoi fans who like shota are also of the Het is Ew, shipping every male in sight camp and those are the ones who give the fandom a bad name >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 am
I like Loveless.
I like Miyagi/Shinobu. Uh, wait, that's not shota.

But I watched Boku no Pico too. I don't really like pairing boys that are too young (below twelve) together or with older men. But I have to admit that I enjoyed the Mokkun/Pico episode, but not the other ones.

As long as it's fiction, I guess it's okay.  

Chouryou

Wheezing Lunatic

Reishii-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 am
Doesn't bother me, it's fiction.
I read shota where they're older though, not like 10 year olds with 20 year olds.

I never found those kind, but I'm sure they exist. If its got a good plot and it's not rape, then I'll read it. And in real life if I saw a kid who was 10 with some 20yr old gal/guy, I'd just feel bad for both of them. :/
Cause I doubt the kid understands fully what they're doing, and that adult must be really desperate usually.

But overall, I don't mind it, I just never really read it alot/the 'hardcore' ones. =o

If other people do, hey, kudo's to ya then. Tis your life. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:33 pm
There are possibly only a few situations where I can see shouta happening - Loveless for one - but other than that, I'm on a low neutral for it.  

this wretched thing

Shapeshifter

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas