Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Theoretical question about the Emperor. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Emperor: Live, Die or Reincarnate?
Live
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Die
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Reincarnate
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm
Blackened Heart Sucubi
I disagree... Even though i give Tzeentch Props as bieng IMO the most powerful god.... I Believe Khorne would most likely take the fight to Terra... Come on... its Khorne... death in a box...

He'd go into it headlong and stupid. The power off of Terra would be able to repel the warp energy at least to an extent, and then the ground battle would get ugly very fast. That said, I think that the Humans would win it. Tzeentch would just find a means of strangling out the planet, or would pull something interestingly devious. Have you ever heard the fluff where the head of the Officio Assassinorium had the High Lords executed?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 pm
But Khorne himself would probably jump at the opportunity to slay the heart of mankind... and his sword can end entire worlds in one blow!  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 am
But this is Mankind, the Emperor would obviously be battling Khorne to stop him doing so.

And no Cale, care to explain?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:54 am
Caleidah
scurr
if the imperium falls nids will eventually end up eating EVERYTHING, however all this carnage will feed khorne, making new demons.

And eventually, once everything is eaten, Khorne won't have anymore bloodshed to fill out his own power, nor will any of the other powers of the Warp. It'll be between the Nids and Crons, and they have nothing against each other.

fair enough,but followers/demons of khonre will do anything to get blood flowing,they turn on each other and even themselves just to feed their constantly hungry god.  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:39 pm
Jason Kharo
And no Cale, care to explain?

Brookman probably knows it better than me, but I read it somewhere that at one point the Master of the Officio Assassinorium saw corruption (or something) going on within the High Lords. (Possibly through the Emperor's Tarot.) He ordered the High Lords be killed. I can't remember if they succeeded or not, but an entire Chapter of Marines was sent against them in retribution. Over half of the chapter was killed by less than a hundred Assassins. Numbers elude me, but I'll hunt around on Lexicanum and WarhammerWiki and see if I can find the original source.

BHS, Jason has it right. The power of the Astronomicon can guide things, and the Emperor is still a very powerful conduit of psychic energy, which is collected at the Psykana. Yeah, Khorne can destroy entire worlds with a single blow, but the Emperor has a lot of energy that could be directed at stopping him. Yes, the Astronomicon would flicker and even possibly go out in parts of the galaxy, and the resultant expenditure of energy might spawn warp storms all over the galaxy, but I think the Emperor could stop it.

Scurr, the point is that it requires psychic races to create ripples in the warp to power the gods and daemons. If there are no more psychic beings (because the Nids and Crons have killed them all), then there are no more ripples in the warp then, eventually, the gods and daemons of Chaos are left powerless.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 pm
you win. stare  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 pm
ummmm Cale back up.... my response of Khorne is based on the fact that the Emperor dies, and the Imperium begins to collapse.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:20 am
I didn't see that at all in your post.

Quote:
But Khorne himself would probably jump at the opportunity to slay the heart of mankind.

You actually don't say anything about the Emperor at all. Arguments are based upon set premises which are then supported by argument (All media is an argument of some kind.) which is used to prove a point. You said nothing about the Emperor, and I responded to what you had indeed posted.

Not aimed at anyone in here, but I think something along these lines should go in a "suggested reading" thread whenever people start using the internet.
Basics of Argument, courtesy of DePaul University  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:23 am
scurr
you win. stare

I'm not trying to win, I'm just teaching a bit of fluff.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:22 am
Caleidah
I didn't see that at all in your post.

Quote:
But Khorne himself would probably jump at the opportunity to slay the heart of mankind.

You actually don't say anything about the Emperor at all. Arguments are based upon set premises which are then supported by argument (All media is an argument of some kind.) which is used to prove a point. You said nothing about the Emperor, and I responded to what you had indeed posted.

Not aimed at anyone in here, but I think something along these lines should go in a "suggested reading" thread whenever people start using the internet.
Basics of Argument, courtesy of DePaul University

my whole arguement since i started posting in this thread was based on the fact that the emperor dies... ((WHICH IS WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT)) and i voted he stays dead... so Khorne attacks Terra...  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:08 am
BHS: You posted once at the beginning with a "Death to the False Emperor" type message, and from there the discussion has been about a battle at Terra. Yes, the contention has been made that you want the Emperor dead, but you never laid the requirement that the Emperor be dead before the attack on Terra.

That said, if/when the Emperor's batteries die, Terra is screwed. The immediate backflow from the Astronomicon going out will cause the power of Chaos to swell exponentially.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:38 pm
Very well, but either way i would like nothing more then to see the Imperium crushed when the beloved "God"-Emperor dies and the power of Chaos crushes the material realm.  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:46 pm
so... if the emperor dies and the star child cycle some how doesn't work and all the sensei emperors are dead then the imperium is screwed?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 pm
scurr
so... if the emperor dies and the star child cycle some how doesn't work and all the sensei emperors are dead then the imperium is screwed?

Basically.
If the Sensei and Star child theory even exist that is.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mt Walt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:05 pm
The Emperor holds back the full tide of chaos though the end of humanity would spell the end of Chaos not that the Eldar wouldnt get depressed (again) and create another chaos God which would start the whole thing again.
Then again maybe not  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces