Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Why do you want to lose weight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you want to lose weight?
  To be healthy
  To look good
  To be different
  To feel good about myself
  For somebody special
View Results

Gossy

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:41 pm
I want to set a good example for my daughter and I am sick of feeling tired all the time. I need to develop healthy habits for the both of us.

I'd also like to go swimming this summer without feeling incredibly self conscious. I don't care what others think of me most of the time, but I hate feeling like eyes are on me. I want to be able to enjoy myself without even thinking of what other people are seeing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:46 pm
I think I may have already posted here but, I'll post again because I think my reasons have changed slightly.

I want to lose weight so I can:

- be able to buy more clothes
- be able to buy clothes I like to wear
- be healthy
- learn about nutrition and what's good/bad for me
- improve my quality of life
- make it easier to do the things I love to do
- feel less tired with an increased metabolism
- set a good example for my sisters
- prove myself that if I want to accomplish something, I can
- control my hypoglycemia
- lower my risk of developing PCOS
- handle pregnancy, if in the future, I decide I want children (handle as in: lose the baby weight, eat healthily despite cravings, exercise because it's part of my lifestyle)
- increase my physical activity and make it routine.  

mominchat

mominchat

Sweet Smoker

10,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Axora Enrion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:54 pm
"What is normal for one is not normal for another."

I want to lose weight because I'm 5' 1", 234lbs, and am slowly building up my self-esteem.

"Therefore, there is no such thing as "normal", is there?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:17 pm
Gossy
I want to set a good example for my daughter and I am sick of feeling tired all the time. I need to develop healthy habits for the both of us.

This is seriously a fantastic reason. My mother didn't do that for me and now, as an adult, I don't know how to be a healthy adult because I wasn't ever given a good role model on what I should be doing, just what I shouldn't be. Your daughter is lucky to have you as a mother. 3nodding

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Izuria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:44 pm
I want to lose weight for a whole long list of reasons.

The most important one at this point is simply being able to fit into my clothes. For the last year and a half I've lived in sweatpants and hoodies. It's torture because I'm a jeans girl, through and through. And I like them loose in the legs but tight in the waist. I have probably 50 pairs of jeans (I'm usually the smallest in my family, and everyone gives me their old clothes, which I never outgrow or outwear) and I can't squeeze into a single one of them - not even the ones which my mother gave me that wouldn't even stay up if I wore a belt. I remember a few months ago when that was the only pair I could fit, and how much it crushed me, because a few years before I couldn't imagine ever being heavy enough to fill them out. I can't afford to buy new clothes. More importantly, I don't want to. I have an entire wardrobe that I love and adore and it's just waiting for me to jump back into it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:50 pm
I hate what I see in the mirror.
Sometimes when I feel that my shirts are too tight, I feel like saying, "Stupid heifer. :l"
I know, I'm a terrible person to myself.
gonk

I usually have good self esteem, though it always comes crashing down when I see a picture of myself or look in the mirror... the feeling is terrible.

Also, I'd like to be more active and healthy.
I want to join wrestling and my friend would die of happiness if I did, and I would so do it... but...
You're obviously going to wrestle people in your weight class.
I'm scared I'm gonna be the only person in my weight class.
I refuse to join wrestling until I've reached 180 pounds or less.

Hayatochi

Majnooni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:36 am
Well, my primary goal isn't weight loss so much as better health. I want to feel better, have more energy, get sick less, be more able to endure physical activity, etc. However, I know that making my diet healthier and being more active will lead to weight loss. The fact that I will look better is a benefit, but not really a motivation.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 am

I want to buy the really cute pants they sell at all my favorite stores without having to order them online bc stores only stock up to size 13 sad Is it sad that its my shopping, not my health, that motivates me to lose weight? XD

Nymphiedora

Diet Poison

Heroic Mage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 am
Really, I want to look better and fit into some of my old clothes.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Everyone in my family is over weight.

Though I do have thyroid issues, I do want to be healthy.

I want to set an example for my son.

Dust.And.Echoes.

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:35 pm
THAR BE MOAR LD'ers IN HERE~ heart

Anyway.

Well, I want to travel the world. You gotta be fit to be an adventurer, yo.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 pm
There are a bunch of reasons:

- To be healthier in general. Right now I'm so out of shape that the last time I went to donate blood, my resting pulse was just over 100, and I wasn't nervous or stressed in the least.
- Exercise would be easier. That includes hiking, which I do a lot of as a geology major. I don't want to worry about how well I can keep up with the group every time we have to walk long distances.
- So I can quit thinking about weight in general. Most times when I walk into a room, I subconsciously determine if I'm the fattest person in the room, and usually am (or at least the fattest girl).
- To stop being paranoid. Every time I hear someone laugh behind me, I think they're laughing at me, specifically either my ugliness or weight.
- To be able to eat in public again. For the past year, I've been so self-conscious about my weight that I get all my meals to go and either eat them in my dorm room or in the lab where I work alone.
- So people will respect me. I'm sure most don't because of my weight. At some point I'd like to get my electro-neoclassical-darkwave musical project together, but if the album cover shows a "fat chick", how many people do you think will actually be interested? It sucks how weight affects the most irrelevant things, but it does.
- To shop for clothes and not have to worry about what'll fit. Way back in the day I worried that I wouldn't be able to fit in junior-sized clothes. Now, I have to shop in the "women's" sections of stores and it's really embarrassing.
- To be able to wear cuter clothes. Shorts, skirts that aren't full length, tank tops, corsets...I'm not saying overly revealing clothing, but stuff that typically flatters slimmer people more.  

Euthanasia Phase

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 pm
I've always wanted to be thin since I was a little girl. Probably was thin at some point, but do to verbal abuse I never believed that. Now in a self fulfilling prophecy I'm 70lbs over weight and I want to be thin finally. I'm ready to do it and now I believe that I can.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:52 pm
I'm healthy right now, even at about 215lbs, because I am insanely active and I lost about 100 lbs in a year. I'm still not completely happy with my body though, and I know I can and should lose at least 60 lbs more for multiple reasons. I'm hoping I not only can manage it, but that I stop feeling so huge. After being so big for so long its hard to shake the feeling that your just bigger than everyone else in the room, even if your not.  

Bella Pietra

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 am
Go ahead and add this to my previous list.

I would like for my sister to quit taunting me and calling me chubby. She makes so many rude comments about it even in public and it hurts. i just want her to stop. even when she makes speeches she somehow brings it up or even when introducing me she always says "and this is my chubby/fat sister". im not huge but she makes me feel like i am. she has always been critical of whatever i put into my mouth. at dinner functions when i was younger she had even said "Watch your weight" or "dont touch that your fat enough as is". any outdoor functions including food somehow mine ended up on the ground and her saying "your body can live off the fat it already has".

i cant put up with that anymore.so my sister is definitely another reason why i have to lose weight before she drives me insane.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games